Alex Mack has 1 year remaining in Cleveland

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
If the Hawks could renegotiate a new multi year contract with Alex Mack, would you give up a few picks to get him out of Cleveland? What would you give up if you wanted him?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Probably too expensive financially.. the team is almost pressed to go with a rookie at this point.

titan3131

Reaction score
this is the wrong area of the forum for this thread.

And as Hasslebeck said too expensive.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
He'd be on the north side of 30 so I'd be cautious with what I was willing to pay.

We got a mid-4th in exchange for Unger so Mack would be worth bout the same to me.

And I'd be reticent to pay him $8M/year, which he is due in 2016 and 2017 if he doesn't opt out..

I'd prefer to stay the course with Lewis or Jeanpierre... or a draft pick if more talented.

Mojambo

Reaction score
There will be no big money on the offensive line. Period.

justafan

Reaction score
I would love to have him.The only place it seems they are wiling to trade or sign big ticket free agents is WR and DL.
Which i like because those are two places that are hard to draft and develop into top talent.

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle is paying most of their defensive players, even their LBs. They are paying their QB, and their RB, and their top TE. Hauschka is making decent money for a kicker.

At some point there have to be places you don't pay, and after Rice and Harvin didn't work out as hoped, I think the team is probably putting WR on the frugal list. OL is definitely on that list too.

OL and WR are two areas on the team that the Hawks merely need to get by with. I can't blame them for the strategy, as WR and OL tend to be very expensive to acquire and keep.

For that reason, I would be pretty surprised if Seattle dropped serious money for an OL from another team. I think they'd only do it as a last resort.