Final two round mock draft

kearly

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2t2h226d said:
I think Seattle trades up on Friday.

I feel the same. I think Seattle has had their eye on some of these outside WR options for a few years, and they probably won't just sit at #63 hoping to get lucky. Takes a lot of things to happen for a deal to be struck, but my gut feel is that there's a near 50% chance Seattle moves up. Most years I'd say there's no chance, but this year it feels like the deck is stacked towards moving up.

titan3131

Reaction score
im going to be nervous sick thursday about dgb, maybe we get lucky and can get NE to give the 32nd pick?

Either way its like watching a close hawks game! CARDIO FOR FREE!!!

And again TY SO MUCH FOR YOUR SITE AND DAILY UPDATES!

kearly

Reaction score
I would love it if DGB went to SF. He won't do anything against the LOB, but he might help SF knock off the Cardinals or Rams.

It hurts every time I see Devin Smith mocked 45-55. I think that's probably where he gets taken, but jeez, he's right there Seattle! Go get him! He would be sensational in our style of offense. If I was a scout in the Hawks war room, I'd pound the table for that guy. On day one he'd be Wilson's go to guy on the deep ball.

In a stay-put scenario, it's hard to feel bad about getting a solid OL like Mitch Morse. My instincts are that this is very much plan B for Seattle though. I also suspect Seattle has Grasu graded higher. They are SPARQ-whores at many positions, OL especially. I get the feeling that Seattle feels pretty good about this year's mid-round OL group. Seattle loves making "who?!" picks at OL and this year will probably be no different.

netskier

Reaction score
My hunch is that we trade up too, depending on the deal opportunities. I think we will do very well either way.

justafan

Reaction score
I think if the Hawks want Morse they will have to get him in the second.Projected by a lot of people to go later but I think you are right about the area he goes.

massari

Reaction score
titan3131":37mbc031 said:
im going to be nervous sick thursday about dgb, maybe we get lucky and can get NE to give the 32nd pick?

Peter King thinks alot of teams with high 2nd round pick want to move up so the Hawks will have some competition if they want that Pats pick. http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/29/lael-coll ... z-mailbag/

Chapow

Reaction score
massari":2pol6y8y said:
titan3131":2pol6y8y said:

Peter King thinks alot of teams with high 2nd round pick want to move up so the Hawks will have some competition if they want that Pats pick. http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/29/lael-coll ... z-mailbag/

Moving up from #63 to #32 would be awfully expensive. I would expect that would require next years 1st and I just can't see them being willing to do that.

massari

Reaction score
kearly":1sap91jd said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1sap91jd said:
I think Seattle trades up on Friday.

I feel the same. I think Seattle has had their eye on some of these outside WR options for a few years, and they probably won't just sit at #63 hoping to get lucky. Takes a lot of things to happen for a deal to be struck, but my gut feel is that there's a near 50% chance Seattle moves up. Most years I'd say there's no chance, but this year it feels like the deck is stacked towards moving up.

I really hope they don't move up. There will be a very good players at #63 and #112 so just take which one falls to them.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If DGB fell to 45.. and they are indeed very interested in him.. Can't help but think they'd give the Vikings a call about a trade.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'd be too hard to pass on Gregory IMO but who knows how the league's view on a marijuana use has changed. With a few guys falling into that category and some with history of domestic abuse it'll be interesting to see how far they fall.

massari

Reaction score
I think some people undervalue picks because all they see is a number. So instead of #63+#112 to move up, how about looking at it like Sammie Coates+Chris Conley or Cedric Ogbuehi+Frank Clark for DGB or whoever they'd take if they move up, because this is the kind of talent that will be had at #63+#112.

Would you guys still want to move up?

titan3131

Reaction score
No ur wrong. People want to trade a 3rd next year with 63 this year for him early 2ns

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
massari":d2c2pjrt said:
I think some people undervalue picks because all they see is a number. So instead of #63+#112 to move up, how about looking at it like Sammie Coates+Chris Conley or Cedric Ogbuehi+Frank Clark for DGB or whoever they'd take if they move up, because this is the kind of talent that will be had at #63+#112.

I think DGB is much better than Coates and Conley.. and Clark may slip to the 4th anyway.

So.. yes.

massari

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2ebo1gvw said:
massari":2ebo1gvw said:

I think DGB is much better than Coates and Conley.. and Clark may slip to the 4th anyway.

So.. yes.

I'm talking BOTH Coates and Conley, as in taking Coates (or similar talent) at #63 and Conley(or similar talent) at #112.

You'd actually prefer DGB over BOTH Coates AND Conley or BOTH Cedric Ogbuehi AND Frank Clark?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
massari":3n3h7jsh said:

For a player I have graded much higher than the value of #63+#112 then absolutely I would.

We can play the what-if game but the draft isn't that predictable. Maybe Conley is there in the 4th, but maybe he goes early 3rd.

Maybe Coates goes mid 2nd and Seattle really wants to address the wide receiver, but they are limited to a specific type of receiver on their board they prefer, so they have to "reach" on Conley (basically what they did drafting Justin Britt last year who was the last of good right tackles left on their board).

At least with a trade up you know what you're getting and at what price. That's why GMs have a draft value chart which assigns a value to each pick. Names don't matter. Once the draft value chart is figured out then it's simple economics. If Player A is worth a first round pick, but can be had for the value of a mid-2nd round pick (#63 and #112) then you make the trade.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
massari":1nsbwdu3 said:
Hasselbeck":1nsbwdu3 said:
massari":1nsbwdu3 said:

So.. yes.

I'm talking BOTH Coates and Conley, as in taking Coates (or similar talent) at #63 and Conley(or similar talent) at #112.

You'd actually prefer DGB over BOTH Coates AND Conley or BOTH Cedric Ogbuehi AND Frank Clark?

I think Conley is a JAG. I am not high on Coates.. so why would I want both of those guys?

Ditto Ogbuehi.. and we could still land Frank Clark in Round 4.

I think a DGB/Clark combo is much better than the other options.

massari

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":1m74j4ih said:
massari":1m74j4ih said:

For a player I have graded much higher than the value of #63+#112 then absolutely I would.

We can play the what-if game but the draft isn't that predictable. Maybe Conley is there in the 4th, but maybe he goes early 3rd.

Maybe Coates goes mid 2nd and Seattle really wants to address the wide receiver, but they are limited to a specific type of receiver on their board they prefer, so they have to "reach" on Conley (basically what they did drafting Justin Britt last year who was the last of good right tackles left on their board).

At least with a trade up you know what you're getting and at what price. That's why GMs have a draft value chart which assigns a value to each pick. Names don't matter. Once the draft value chart is figured out then it's simple economics. If Player A is worth a first round pick, but can be had for the value of a mid-2nd round pick (#63 and #112) then you make the trade.

That's why I want them to draft the best player available regardless of position because there will be very good talent at both #63+#112 so if all the 2nd round talent WR's such as Coates are gone, then take the best OL,DL,CB.

It doesn't seem we need a WR,OL,DL,CB any more than the other, especially since we got Graham and there are still free agents/trades/players that will be released to fill any need not met in the draft. Just go where the talent is and take whoever falls to you because there will be great players at #63+#112 and I'd hate to trade them for an early 2nd rounder.