The problem with DGB

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Really? Too many other great WR's ahead of him.

Would someone really pick him over

White
Cooper
Parker
Perriman
Strong

I can't see 6 WR's in the top 20. I'd predict 4 int he first round with Strong and DGB going early 2nd.

McG

Reaction score
He is one of the real wild cards of this draft. Huge red-flags in regards to the off the field at Missouri which got him kicked out of school, which sent him to Oklahoma, with whom he never played a down for. With that said, was the #1 WR coming out of HS and has great on the field ability and excellent height/speed. I'm sure whatever team picks him would have done their homework and decided if the risk is worth the reward. No one knows if he has gotten his head of out his ass and realized that being a thug was cool 15 years ago and it's a lot more fun to be rich and famous than in prison and broke (see Maurice Clarett, Rae Carruth, Aaron Hernandez, Lawrence Phillips). I guess we will see which team is willing to gamble on talent over immaturity/stupidity.

Would I like us to pick him? Maybe if we had kept 31st pick, but a move up in the draft for this guy in the 1st round could be possible draft suicide. At a mid to late 2nd sure, but it's highly doubtful he will be there and if he is it's because of too many red-flags. We need OL help and I would be shocked if we don't grab someone to play T due to Okungs uncertain future with the team and the lack of overall depth throughout the entire line.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Meh, I don't get it, but that's why I'm not a GM.

DGB doesn't even run much of a route tree, it's always been "go run over there and we'll lob it to you".

Perriman has terrible hands. Everyone over values speed and size. The best WR in the NFL last year was 5'10".

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2wlwnw5o said:
Really? Too many other great WR's ahead of him.

Would someone really pick him over

White
Cooper
Parker
Perriman
Strong

I can't see 6 WR's in the top 20. I'd predict 4 int he first round with Strong and DGB going early 2nd.

Strong has a lot of question marks coming into this thing.. primarily his health.

original poster

Reaction score
Yeah I'd MUCH rather take off the field red flags over injury related red flags.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
Seems there's just always a player that goes about 20 spots ahead of where he's "projected" to go. So, why shouldn't that player be a guy that many believe is the second coming of Megatron?

I could be nuts. I just think there are at least a couple of teams that are enamored with him and will use their first on him.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
...aaaaaaaaand a swing, and a miss.

Oops.

Still hope we end up with this kid.

Largent80

Reaction score
Rob12":2cdq3zmy said:
Seems there's just always a player that goes about 20 spots ahead of where he's "projected" to go. So, why shouldn't that player be a guy that many believe is the second coming of Megatron?

I could be nuts. I just think there are at least a couple of teams that are enamored with him and will use their first on him.

You are the one making that assumption, and a few others. Fortunately, people in the know actually do know something.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Losing faith he will fall far enough to trade up and get him.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
That White kid looks amazing, and I would love to have the OLineman the Redforeskins got. But I will take winning.

Richardson showed signs, Norwood sucks. Find me a wideout!

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":3h7tcwxc said:
That White kid looks amazing, and I would love to have the OLineman the Redforeskins got. But I will take winning.

Richardson showed signs, Norwood sucks. Find me a wideout!

norwood sucks? you can tell after just one year?

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
Largent80":3k5dzj16 said:
Rob12":3k5dzj16 said:

You are the one making that assumption, and a few others. Fortunately, people in the know actually do know something.

Yep. I have complete trust in whatever PCJS do. If they decide to stay put I'm good with that. If they trade up to get their guy, whoever that may be, I'm good with that too. Trade back? Right on. But as a fan, I drool over DGB in this offense.

saroos

Reaction score
I hope the Seahawks go get this kid. I Think he has been humbled by his past actions and has learned from his mistakes. I think this kid would be the biggest difference maker the hawks could get from this draft.

original poster

Reaction score
I NEED this to happen.

It's not as if we haven't got the draft capital to do it.

Let's be honest, If we don't trade up, SF will 100% pick him IMO.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
original poster":2etnld0o said:
I NEED this to happen.

It's not as if we haven't got the draft capital to do it.

Let's be honest, If we don't trade up, SF will 100% pick him IMO.

If we don't make a move for him, the next best thing would be for the Niners to draft him.

Here, he has a QB that is a true leader and a coach that loves his players and gets every ounce of effort from them. He has a locker room of a handful of star veterans that will keep him in line. Make no mistake, Seattle would be a great place for DGB to land.

SF? Not so much. I'm not a Kap hater but he's not a leader. The team has gone through a big coaching change and has some seriously loose cannons. The dive that the Niners are currently on is pretty epic. I don't see many leaders in that locker room, and their track record with developing receivers has been brutal. I think DGB would implode there, and the LOB would make life difficult for him.

If we don't get him, I actually hope SF does. I feel bad saying that, but I don't see him succeeding there.