The Cable guy

Chawker

Reaction score
With JS saying our greatest need is OL, the one that fits his mold the best is Arizona's Jamil Douglas OG, athletic, good hands and feet with a very exploding short punch, Now all we gotta do is draft him. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Watch his tape, as soon as possible. I'd compare him to last years Z. Martin Yah... that good!

The only knock on him is once he gets to that second level downfield he can reach for his blocks or will leave his feet.

cheese22

Reaction score
From a physical standpoint the guy is very impressive and his tape looks amazing. Then you go to the ESPN player profile and they rip him apart for all the things that look like strengths. I'm definitely not one to believe it just because ESPN prints it, but I also am not someone who can critique a linemen's strengths and weaknesses at this level.

penihawk

Reaction score
Like him alot for us. I've had him regularly in the 4th on first-pick. He would be a great addition there imo.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Not that athletic or powerful . . . kind of reminds me of the Niners' Marcus Martin when he was at SC. Does not play with good leverage or overall technique. I have watched a ton of ASU games over the last few years, and Douglas has never stood out to me as an NFL player, despite his supposed athleticism. In a fairly deep class of interior linemen, he is a 6th rounder.

penihawk

Reaction score
Although you could be right on Douglas, your statement covers every guy in our line besides Okung. I think he is in the mix of interior linemen for us in the mid rds.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
As a pass blocker he is already better than James Carpenter. He keeps his hands inside and his weight over his base. I don't see elite run blocking skill but I don't see a lot of flaws either.

Willyeye

Reaction score
I like Jarvis Harrison better...far more athletic than Douglas, and he will probably be available at our second pick in the 4th round at #130...Harrison could replace Carpenter and be an improvement from day one.

McGruff

Reaction score
His skills remind me of Bailey. He pass blocks like a tackle. But it the run game he is tentative. He tends to shove and release and looks lost when pulling and blocking away from the play.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
McGruff":3st9678o said:
His skills remind me of Bailey. He pass blocks like a tackle. But it the run game he is tentative. He tends to shove and release and looks lost when pulling and blocking away from the play.
I have the hardest time figuring out if a guy can run block if he is in a college spread. Some of these guys look so goofy out in space, but the dynamics of getting down the field to block are just so different in the league.

Not a specific about this guy, just an observation about how both the rules of college screen blocking, getting your athletic running backs to the edge of a spread, and the 2 point stance make it really hard to translate some skills.