If Lael Collins Drops to 63 ...??

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If he turns out to be a killer, quite possibly the worst pick of all time.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Everything says that he's not a suspect. If he drops to 63, its an option to weigh heavily.

mikeak

Reaction score
I feel sorry for that guy. I think the NFL is screwing him and the teams by not letting him pull out of the draft and join via the supplementary draft.

Now he gets stuck on a rookie contract that he can't even re-negotiate for 3 years because his ex-gf was shot and surprise the cops want to interview him since he knew her......

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I am guessing that any team that had interest in him will make a few phone calls to some people that know, perhaps they will be given assurances that he has nothing to do with any of it.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
If police have no person of interest in the case and the baby turns out to be Collins', then by default he would be the primary suspect, no matter what police initially say. That's just how it statistically works. But I would say in his favor, knowing nothing about him personally, killing your pregnant girlfriend days before the NFL draft, even if you think you committed the perfect crime, would not be fiscally advantageous (and that would be the perceived reason why you'd be committing the murder), because the spouse/significant other is usually the primary suspect...

I would NOT select him at #63. If he's there with their 5th rounders, maybe. It is a organizational black eye no matter where he is drafted, as he would be associated with your team in news reports about a murder, if he ends up being charged in the case, so there are draft capital and reputation risks for Pete, John and Paul.

Hawks46

Reaction score
mikeak":1kyzphue said:
I feel sorry for that guy. I think the NFL is screwing him and the teams by not letting him pull out of the draft and join via the supplementary draft.

Now he gets stuck on a rookie contract that he can't even re-negotiate for 3 years because his ex-gf was shot and surprise the cops want to interview him since he knew her......

The NFL isn't really screwing him. I mean, he is getting screwed but not by them and not intentionally.

The NFL can't open this door, it would be like Pandora's Box. Everyone with a drug ding, character issue or real life event would be clamoring to pull out of the draft to get some time to repair character issues. It would wreak havoc on GM's....it's not like the draft is an exact science anyways.

The NFL is protecting their teams and I get it, even if the kid is innocent and it does suck. Imagine doing all this work scouting and getting character references, just to find out the kid screwed up and is pulling out of the draft. Now envision that ends up being 5 of the top 16 every year.

Largent80

Reaction score
Take all the suspects.....what the hell do we have to lose?

^Didn't you clamor for friggin Crabtree?.....He stinks.^

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2s7zwxej said:

Yes I did want us to draft Michael Crabtree instead of Aaron Curry.

Largent80

Reaction score
So, now there is no Crabtree but this turd is OK with you?...Why are all the Hawk fans here ok with taking people that know the difference but still put themselves in these positions?

It makes no sense.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3mkfd636 said:
Largent80":3mkfd636 said:

Yes I did want us to draft Michael Crabtree instead of Aaron Curry.

Lol nice.

Aaron Curry: proof even "safe" picks with a clean history busts.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Largent80":zlpiy0hq said:
So, now there is no Crabtree but this turd is OK with you?...Why are all the Hawk fans here ok with taking people that know the difference but still put themselves in these positions?

It makes no sense.

What position did he put himself in, exactly?

jake206

Reaction score
Not with 63, but with our many compensatory picks, if he lasts that long.

mikeak

Reaction score
Largent80":3i96ygxj said:

It makes no sense.

His ex-gf was killed. There is no evidence public that puts him in that picture so how is this him doing anything?

Not letting him withdraw is unfair to him AND NFL teams