U-dub....

drrew

Reaction score
With a starting quarterback they could have been a pretty good team.

Tical21

Reaction score
3 in the top 25 and the NCAA sack leader and still couldn't stop anybody in the Pac-12. That's a coaching problem.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Tical21":33yudvod said:
3 in the top 25 and the NCAA sack leader and still couldn't stop anybody in the Pac-12. That's a coaching problem.
Yeah...sure...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tical21":2gnfti9p said:
You can tell that after only 1 year??????

To me it was a QB problem (see the blockhead that is Cyler Miles).

As for the 3 drafted Dawgs, I'm glad that Shelton and Shaq did not go to teams I hate.

I think that Peters is a ticking time bomb, didn't care where he went.

I'm glad Shaq got drafted before the Cryboys picked, they would have snagged him for sure, and he could have really helped that craptastic defense.

kearly

Reaction score
The first syllable in the name of the Huskies defensive coordinator is literally pronounced 'quit'. Thinking back on how the defense looked against 6-6 Oklahoma State in the bowl game, I'd say the name fits.

Petersen had some horrible coaching performances last year, but in fairness to him, I think his ability to coach up individual players and get them drafted played a role in at least two of the first rounders UW had tonight. If you like seeing Huskies being drafted in the early rounds, then Petersen is your guy. It seemed like every year he'd have a Boise State player go in the early rounds.

As long as Petersen can find his new version of Kellen Moore and continue to get the most out of a handful of star players every year, it's worth the occasional 'wtf' in-game decision. I do fear for his job next year though, Lindquist is going to be the starter most likely and he's maybe the most erratic QB I've ever seen. It's going to be pretty bleak for UW in conference.

I agree with Tical about the "Willingham" vibes coming from the coaching staff, but only at certain times. Right now is a good time to be patient with the program, next year the team will be awful, but by 2016 or 2017 they could be a good team again depending on how things go at the QB position.

It sure would be nice if UW picked up a stud RB. UW is going to be running the ball a lot the next couple years.

Tical21

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2mst1ayc said:
Tical21":2mst1ayc said:

As for the 3 drafted Dawgs, I'm glad that Shelton and Shaq did not go to teams I hate.

I'm glad Shaq got drafted before the Cryboys picked, they would have snagged him for sure, and he could have really helped that craptastic defense.
The very first defensive drive of the first game, when I saw our defense take the field and saw Marcus Peters 10 yards off the ball for the entire drive, I felt like I was stuck in a terrible recurring nightmare.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Say what you want about Sark, but the man brought in a ton of talented kids to the program. Petersen didn't do squat for Peters. Last year's Huskies was one of the biggest wastes of talent I've seen. I'm not giving up on Petersen, but I put much of the blame for last season on his shoulders.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
There was also a player or two who Sark let go and Pete brought them back. At least one of them did pretty well under him.

Both coaches have had their ups and down. But it's too early for me to judge Pete. I'm not as high on him now as I was a year ago. I will give him some more time.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Tical21":2q9ux2w4 said:
Sports Hernia":2q9ux2w4 said:
Tical21":2q9ux2w4 said:

The very first defensive drive of the first game, when I saw our defense take the field and saw Marcus Peters 10 yards off the ball for the entire drive, I felt like I was stuck in a terrible recurring nightmare.

While Peters was effective -- allowing less than 40% completions on targets to his area -- the major problem in the secondary was the need to start three freshmen. Sarkisian left us high and dry in the secondary and at QB, which was a death sentence in the pass heavy Pac-12.

With such a large exodus of talent and no experience at QB, Washington would be lucky to stay above .500 this year. This will test everything Petersen has in him as a head coach.