• Yes

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cheese22

Reaction score
I hope so. Trading down to accumulate picks is great when you need the depth. At some point you should have the depth where it's possible to go the other way and bundle picks in order to get quality instead of quantity. Bundle the picks and add depth, not from the bottom, from the top. Instead of picking 3 OL late and hoping one pans out, move up and get someone who has a better chance of sticking and contributing right away. We don't need 3 OL and 3 DB's and 3 DL, we need one good one at each spot (maybe 2 OL because of the holes, not the depth).

Hawks46

Reaction score
Impossible to say. I'd think it was on the table, but it would honestly depend on if a player they really love dropped enough to make it worth it.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I really don't think so. They might bundle something up in the late rounds to move up if a guy is there they absolutely have to get. This draft is pretty good in rds 2-4 and I can't see them moving up to lose an opp in the 4th.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I voted "no", but I was thinking round 2 only. I think it would be more likely they trade up in rounds 3-5, but not likely in round 2. Probably have to give up too much to move up in round 2. I think they can stay put and get a really good player at #63. Might be work sneaking back into the 3rd round for an additional pick.

Having said that, I've seen mocks that have players going 60-62 that I would rather the Hawks trade up to get rather than the player mocked to them. Fortunately, that's not reality. but, I wouldn't mind them moving up a couple of spots if it meant not risking losing their guy.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Does trading a player to get another pick count as trading up as well?

titan3131

Reaction score
I say yes but no.

Yes we will trade to get another high second. But we will keep 93 + 63.

We use future capitol to get dgb then frank clark @ 63

YEGHawkfan

Reaction score
I say yes, but not from pick 63. I think the Seahawks move up in the 3rd round.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
titan3131":2tl8viy4 said:
I say yes but no.

Yes we will trade to get another high second. But we will keep 93 + 63.

We use future capitol to get dgb then frank clark @ 63

I wouldn't be surprised with this, although I've been thinking OL @ 63. Would probably prefer a good pass rusher if one like Ckark or Kikaha is there though.

McGruff

Reaction score
NFL.com is reporting the Seahawks are furiously trying to move up.

So, no, they wont.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
If they are trying to move way up, I wonder if it's for Eddie Goldman? I'm not a huge fan but if there's a lot of doubts on Mebanes recovery it might make sense.

I hope it's for DGB though.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
there are a few teams that desperately want more picks..... We have 11.... the jets for example only have 5. I think the skins only have 6 so there could be some teams wanting to trade with us.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":3kdaiyce said:

So, no, they wont.

I hadn't see this, who is reporting it and was there any notion as to who they are targeting or a position?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3481f14w said:
McGruff":3481f14w said:

So, no, they wont.

I hadn't see this, who is reporting it and was there any notion as to who they are targeting or a position?

Well since NFL.com must be blocked at your office (I kid I kid)

here you go

rap sheet tweet from nfl.com

From Twitter

Teams I hear want to come up into the early part of the 2nd round: The #Steelers, the #Seahawks, the #Falcons.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Wenhawk":e9e3p35z said:
McGruff":e9e3p35z said:

So, no, they wont.

Breer was told that teams could be angling to move up for an offensive lineman or wideout if a deal is worked out. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport later listed the Steelers, Seahawks and Falcons as three teams hoping to climb into the early part of Round 2.

If its the Seahawks i'm thinking either DGB or Jake Fisher.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ound-picks

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
If you trust the old draft value charts, we'd have to package 3-4 picks to move to the top of 2, most likely our 2, our 3, and maybe even the saint's 4. I call bullshit unless we're trading a player as well. I think we sit pretty in 2. I think we'd could trade up in the 3rd and maybe trade back into the third.

As much as I drool over DGB's measurables, I don't think he ends the day a hawk. Even if he falls to us, I hear a lot of "doesn't do well in press coverage, no physical enough" talk to make me wonder if he's seahawk recevier material. They already need to toughen up jimmy graham, adding DGB as another big softy doesn't fit the mold.

My pick for 63: Michael Bennett