Just a reminder our 2012 draft was universally hated

gowazzu02

Reaction score
and given D's and F's by all the pundits. So when we all tune in today remember these guys spouting off on tv are all morons.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
What's funny is after that draft turned out to be great it appears all the pundits are afraid to give the Hawks bad grades. If the Browns had the Seahawk's 2014 draft they would have been slammed, F's all around. But since it was the 'Hawks that did the picking it was all B's. And honestly, can't blame them. Schneider and Carroll have earned the benefit of the doubt.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Trrrroy":1vtu1qf6 said:
What's funny is after that draft turned out to be great it appears all the pundits are afraid to give the Hawks bad grades. If the Browns had the Seahawk's 2014 draft they would have been slammed, F's all around. But since it was the 'Hawks that did the picking it was all B's. And honestly, can't blame them. Schneider and Carroll have earned the benefit of the doubt.

great point.

Can't wait to see kipers stupid face when JS baffles him again.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Yes. But then the 2013 and 2014 drafts were actually kind of bad.

I've said before this is kind of the rubber draft. I'm no longer at a point where I'm content with resting on the laurels of 2012 to rubber stamp future drafts as good.

Thus far, I'm not impressed. We should know by week 1 of the regular season if this draft shows promise. I kind of see this massive trade up as a trade up for Clark, not Lockett. Taking Clark necessitated this Lockett trade. So I guess I'm going to be judging this draft based on all the guys we could have taken with the picks we surrendered for Lockett.

Of course, we still have 5 more picks to go. So there is opportunity to knock this draft out of the park. But these moves have been necessary because of the value we placed on Clark. I hope he's good enough that when Avril's contract is up, he is a worthy successor.

Fade

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":33c43rgs said:
Yes. But then the 2013 and 2014 drafts were actually kind of bad.

I've said before this is kind of the rubber draft. I'm no longer at a point where I'm content with resting on the laurels of 2012 to rubber stamp future drafts as good.

Thus far, I'm not impressed. We should know by week 1 of the regular season if this draft shows promise. I kind of see this massive trade up as a trade up for Clark, not Lockett. Taking Clark necessitated this Lockett trade. So I guess I'm going to be judging this draft based on all the guys we could have taken with the picks we surrendered for Lockett.

Of course, we still have 5 more picks to go. So there is opportunity to knock this draft out of the park. But these moves have been necessary because of the value we placed on Clark. I hope he's good enough that when Avril's contract is up, he is a worthy successor.

I agree.

What makes it more ridiculous is. Seattle could of traded down for Lockette from their 2nd round pick. Waited for Eli Harold to come off the board. Then traded back up 10-15 spots in the 3rd and secured Frank Clark, at a lower cost.

I am done playing the benefit of the doubt card, Seattle has been terrible in the draft since 2013.