2 out of 3

Seafan

Reaction score
JS commented they got 2 of their 3 "must have's". Of course he wouldn't say who the third guy was.

I wonder if it was Morse or Sambrailo.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Seafan":1hlbf0gy said:
JS commented they got 2 of there 3 "must have's". Of course he wouldn't say who the third guy was.

He said he wouldn't comment on the 3rd guy because the draft was still going on tomorrow. Might be someone from tomorrow or all 3 could've been taken today.

OP
OP
Seafan

Seafan

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":v1skoz1p said:
Seafan":v1skoz1p said:
JS commented they got 2 of there 3 "must have's". Of course he wouldn't say who the third guy was.

He said he wouldn't comment on the 3rd guy because the draft was still going on tomorrow. Might be someone from tomorrow or all 3 could've been taken today.

He's likely looking for a "replacement" so he couldn't share his hand. Several players went higher than most of us expected, probably surprised the Hawks as well.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I don't like the way Schneider seems to lock on to picks as "must haves." You cannot tell me there were not players in this draft, picked before or after, who are better than Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett. Clark probably would have been available much later in the draft; or they could have traded up for Randy Gregory or traded down for Owamagbe Odighizuwa.

The 2013 and 2014 drafts were each poor, and the opportunity to recover in this draft was seriously diminished with the trade of four picks in exchange for Lockett. In one sense, the Russell Wilson pick was one of the greatest in team history . . . in another sense, it may have expedited control of the draft process from Carroll to Schneider.

chris98251

Reaction score
Thinking it may have been a Safety,

Jaquiski, Tartt

He was a surprise where he went and we need to upgrade our depth with Johnson gone on both special teams and backing up Kam, he has the size and demeanor.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
chris98251":svyzlzxt said:
Thinking it may have been a Safety,

Jaquiski, Tartt

He was a surprise where he went and we need to upgrade our depth with Johnson gone on both special teams and backing up Kam, he has the size and demeanor.

Taking a backup safety/special teamer on Day 2 would have been a real surprise.

chris98251

Reaction score
No not on this team, you earn your time and we are lacking Safety depth, a guy that can play special teams and back up Kams slot isn't easy to fill. why they paid Johnson as much as they did, why he got a good contract leaving us.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I wonder if it was Conley he was talking about. Somewhat of a surprise seeing him go as early as he did.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
hawknation2015":382u6k54 said:
I don't like the way Schneider seems to lock on to picks as "must haves." You cannot tell me there were not players in this draft, picked before or after, who are better than Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett. Clark probably would have been available much later in the draft; or they could have traded up for Randy Gregory or traded down for Owamagbe Odighizuwa.

The 2013 and 2014 drafts were each poor, and the opportunity to recover in this draft was seriously diminished with the trade of four picks in exchange for Lockett. In one sense, the Russell Wilson pick was one of the greatest in team history . . . in another sense, it may have expedited control of the draft process from Carroll to Schneider.
So you're judging a draft class on a loaded team after only 1 year?? Craziness abound

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":35eqt4fr said:
hawknation2015":35eqt4fr said:

So you're judging a draft class on a loaded team after only 1 year?? Craziness abound

Maybe that is unfair; I do think the 2014 class is already better than the 2013 class. I do not have much hope for the final four picks in that class. I also believe Marsh was a reach. KPL could prove to be a productive starter if he stays healthy. The same could be said for Richardson. Norwood is a wild card who received few opportunities. So far, Britt has been the only true success story, and he allowed the 2nd most pressures in the league and may be better served with a move inside.

Rob12

Reaction score
hawknation2015":34u9wutp said:

Available much later in the draft. Funny, we heard the same thing about Lofa Tatupu and Bruce Irvin.

penihawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2a4cllwq said:

Graham,Clark & Lockett fill holes that were big position weaknesses down the stretch last year. Why are we bashing the FO? These guys investigate these players to no end and know how their talents mesh with what they want to get from them. We all read the internet and then question them? C'mon man

hawknation2015

Reaction score
penihawk":1rwbv6ee said:
hawknation2015":1rwbv6ee said:

Graham,Clark & Lockett fill holes that were big position weaknesses down the stretch last year. Why are we bashing the FO? These guys investigate these players to no end and know how their talents mesh with what they want to get from them. We all read the internet and then question them? C'mon man

Graham makes up for quite a lot. Schneider's FA additions since 2013 have far surpassed the draft additions.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Rob12":1e2ocbta said:
hawknation2015":1e2ocbta said:

Available much later in the draft. Funny, we heard the same thing about Lofa Tatupu and Bruce Irvin.

Yea I agree. When you're saying "available much later in the draft" that's guys that are paid to be on TV and make guesses as to where guys go based upon college production, skill set, intangibles and physical attributes. It's all guess work really.

GM's value guys differently, generally based upon need and how they fit in with a team's scheme. Most analysts don't go deep enough to say "hey, this guy could go to team X because he really fits in with their existing personnel and what they do". Analysts will say "this guy goes to team X because they need a WR".

We see it all the time in the draft, where the 1st round is usually pretty accurate and after that it's all over the place. I saw a ton of guys today go WAY lower than they were mocked to go, and guys go WAY higher than they were mocked to go.

The short of it is that Frank Clark was one of the best fits for a LEO for us out there. Saying you could trade up for Randy Gregory is actually not sound thinking; teams are questioning his mental toughness (the biggest red flag on our team) and motivation. Also the guy struggles to stay at 235 lbs, and that's not what we need.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
Given they had 2 picks and wanted 3 guys, then someone probably was picked in round 3, AFTER they had made their selections, that surprised them and they had confidence he'd be there in round 4. Maybe John Miller the guard, or Alex Carter the CB, or RB David Johnson.

The examples everyone is citing in this thread don't seem to make a lot of sense because taking any of them would have deprived the Seahawks the chance of Clark or Lockett.