UW's John Ross out for season.

two dog

Reaction score
Hate to see it. Ross is one of those guys makes you catch your breath
when you see that the ball's in his hands.

It's hard to know if he can be the same after such a severe injury.
Either way, Good on yer' young man, you were/are special.

kearly

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that, but was too apathetic to start a post.

UW is going to suck next season. They might be okay in 2016, and Ross will be back in 2016. If his leg injury heals back 100%, this could be a blessing for UW, as Ross had a redshirt year available and the Huskies aren't going anywhere in 2015 anyway.

You know UW is having a rough time when UW fans start caring about the Apple Cup again. And this year, I feel the urge to care about that game creeping back.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
kearly":1itcfp4g said:

UW is going to suck next season. They might be okay in 2016, and Ross will be back in 2016. If his leg injury heals back 100%, this could be a blessing for UW, as Ross had a redshirt year available and the Huskies aren't going anywhere in 2015 anyway.

You know UW is having a rough time when UW fans start caring about the Apple Cup again. And this year, I feel the urge to care about that game creeping back.

Internet UW fans pretending to not care about the Apple Cup is a tradition unlike any other.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
kearly":3mhw79yg said:

Agree 100%. Might be best to have him in 2016 and possibly 2017 rather 2015 and possibly 2016.

Also on the apple cup, it's a meh game. I only care about the Oregon game now and that's only because we can't beat them and I hate everything about that school.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Losing Ross sucks . . . hopefully he can get healthy in time for next spring. This will open up more opportunities for the incoming freshmen. Renfro is an intriguing prospect. Good size at 6'2 and looks explosive on his highlight reel. 2,624 receiving yards and 31 TDs over the last two seasons. Great hands and very smooth route runner.

Needless to say, the program is in total rebuild mode. Sarkisian left the cupboards bare at QB and in the secondary, which made last season a lost cause. He also poached players who were committed to us. Now that we have lost a huge number of upperclassmen defenders, we are basically starting from scratch.

The main goal for this season has to be to continue to develop the young players we have on this roster. Qualls has the potential to grow into one of the better interior linemen in the conference. Mathis could become an elite pass rusher. Baker is already the best free safety in the conference. The secondary as a whole looks well on its way to being rebuilt.

Lindquist impressed me with how much he has improved his accuracy and command of the offense from last season. That is one of the biggest leaps in improvement I have seen at the QB position. Keith Price was always steady, but I never saw that kind of development from him. It was the same with Locker; he didn't show a lot of improvement as a passer during his time here. Seeing that kind of obvious improvement in Lindquist makes me hopeful for the overall development of the team.

At this time, I don't see six wins on the schedule. Petersen really has his work cut out for him. I expect we will open as a major underdog against Boise State, which has to hurt.

Tical21

Reaction score
There were a bunch of games where that guy was the only chance we had to score any points at all. There goes our offensive output.

kearly

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":2q97gjh7 said:
Internet UW fans pretending to not care about the Apple Cup is a tradition unlike any other.

Internet WSU fans pretending that big brother cares as much as they do is a tradition unlike any other.

I cared about the Apple Cup 15 years ago. The past decade, not so much. At least this year it will be an entertaining cripple fight. Both Leach and Petersen are going to need wins pretty bad. Hell, I'd probably favor WSU at this point.

It really bums me out that UW had a chance to build an epic rivalry with Oregon the last several years but just couldn't ever quite reach that same level. Past glory vs. present glory doesn't really make for much of a rivalry, especially when they beat us every time.

kearly

Reaction score
Tical21":1dq4pj2h said:
There were a bunch of games where that guy was the only chance we had to score any points at all. There goes our offensive output.

Truth.

Lindquist appears to be the kind of QB who is really good when he's 'on', but I don't know how often that might happen. Hopefully often enough to avoid a 2-10 season.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
kearly":s5a94tka said:
Seahawks1983":s5a94tka said:

Internet WSU fans pretending that big brother cares as much as they do is a tradition unlike any other.

I cared about the Apple Cup 15 years ago. The past decade, not so much. At least this year it will be an entertaining cripple fight. Both Leach and Petersen are going to need wins pretty bad. Hell, I'd probably favor WSU at this point.

It really bums me out that UW had a chance to build an epic rivalry with Oregon the last several years but just couldn't ever quite reach that same level. Past glory vs. present glory doesn't really make for much of a rivalry, especially when they beat us every time.

Obvious defense mechanism is obvious.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":19j8ifq0 said:
kearly":19j8ifq0 said:
Seahawks1983":19j8ifq0 said:

Obvious little brother syndrome is obvious.

UW has won 5 of the last 7, not to mention a 69-32-6 all time record so...

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2155qkl3 said:
Seahawks1983":2155qkl3 said:
kearly":2155qkl3 said:
Seahawks1983":2155qkl3 said:

You can pull those numbers out of thin air, but yeah, you don't really care.

:Dunno:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":14ye1ed7 said:
Hawkfan77":14ye1ed7 said:

You can pull those numbers out of thin air, but yeah, you don't really care.

:Dunno:
Wikipedia is hardly thin air

Illustrating a point to a coog and caring are not the same thing but carry on little brother

seahawk2k

Reaction score
So, because UW beats WSU 2 out of every 3 times(unless Tyrone was coaching) it isn't a rivalry worth caring about, but UW can lose to Oregon by double digits for a decade and that is a legitimate rivalry?

Terrible news about Ross. Electrifying return man, solid receiver, talented corner. Hope he gets back to full strength.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
seahawk2k":3jatkj17 said:
So, because UW beats WSU 2 out of every 3 times(unless Tyrone was coaching) it isn't a rivalry worth caring about, but UW can lose to Oregon by double digits for a decade and that is a legitimate rivalry?

Terrible news about Ross. Electrifying return man, solid receiver, talented corner. Hope he gets back to full strength.
Who said rivalry? It's about caring and not caring about a specific game

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1bjn0rbj said:
seahawk2k":1bjn0rbj said:

Who said rivalry? It's about caring and not caring about a specific game

Yea, it hasn't been a rivalry. Still doesn't mean we don't want to beat them.