Which player did you hope Seattle would draft?

kearly

Reaction score
That they didn't?

For me it was Jay Ajayi, but once I heard about his medical, I completely stopped caring. It's not like RB was an immediate pressing need anyway.

I also liked Jaelen Strong a few months ago, but felt that Jimmy Graham's acquisition kind of filled the same sort of role in the passing attack (the 'rebounder' type). On draft day I wanted Lockett, DGB, Smith and Perriman over Strong.

I didn't study the late rounders much this year. I'm sure some of you can name a few you wanted.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I had a late rounder, or UDFA I really liked, Cameron Stingily, who I thought would be an immediate upgrade at FB.

He signed with Pittsburgh.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I think we might have taken a late flyer on Waller had we not given up so much draft capital on Lockett.

I also was sold on DGB and will watch with interest how he does at the Titans.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ifo ekpre olomu. Could have been a steal with one of our 5th or 6th round picks, and if he doesn't bounce back from injury you're not really risking much at that point.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
DGB or Lockett

Also one of Shaq Mason or Mark Glowinski.

Top on the list for me was DGB though by a good stretch.

I know this was 'one' player. But I also really hoped we would snare Darryl Roberts as a mirror for Lane late.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Great topic, Kearly! JS may not talk, but we armchair GM's sure can.

Chris Conley, but with the draft complete - I'm more excited about Tyler Lockett.

I was hoping for either Marcus Hardison or Grady Jarrett when they were still there late 4th. But, Hardison got drafted right after Glowinski. I think that's going to end up being a great pick for the Bengals. Falcons were smart to trade up for Grady Jarrett at the top of the 5th. I think I would have rather had one of those D-lineman rather than Poole. So, hope Poole validates his draft selection. Pretty sure Glowinski will.

I was sort of in the Adrian Amos camp, but wasn't overly disappointed that they didn't draft him. I thought he was worth taking with one of the 4th rounders. The Bears got a player at #142. But, the Hawks addressed DB's a bit later. I'm fine with it. I didn't know enough about either player they drafted there, but somewhat optimistic with what I've learned about them since. I also think Sam Martin from LSU has a chance to stick around. We'll see.

David Johnson would have pretty much been a luxury pick. But, I absolutely HATE that the Cardinals got him... just like I hated to see the Cardinals get John Brown last year. Now I gotta hope he isn't the player I think he could be.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I really wanted Jarrett. Loved D Smith, but happy how it all worked out

mbtitleist

Reaction score
Strong. Admittedly I'm most familiar with Pac-12 football so it was kind of narrowed down to that, but I really like him. I wouldn't have minded Ifo in the later rounds.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Here are the few I had on my list-

Carl Davis, DT
Grady Jarrett, DT
Tre McBride, WR
Jaelen Strong, WR
Honsis Grasu, C

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Seahawks actually took 5 players that I either liked or loved going in: Clark, Poole, Glowinski, Solaki, and Gwachum.

All my mock scenarios included 3 names: Clark, Glowinski, and Mitch Morse.

Barring any trades this was my mock for the first 3 selections:

2- Mitch Morse
3- Frank Clark
4- Mike Glowinski

So, Mitch Morse is #1 for me.

Edit: Also worth noting is that I really liked CB Alex Carter and FS Andrian Amos.

Check out this size and pSparq comparison with the DBs we did draft.

3rd Rounder, Alex Carter, 6'0, 196, 79.625 wingspan, 121.4 pSparq, ranked #23 out of CBs

5th Rounder, Tye Smith, 6'0, 195, 78 wingspan, 120.0 pSparq, ranked #25 out of CBs.

5th Rounder, Adrian Amos, 6'1, 218, 76.365 ws, 129.0 pSparq, ranked #1 out of Safeties.

7th Rounder, Ryan Murphy, 6'1, 214, 75.875 ws, 127.9 pSparq, ranked #2 out of Safeties.

Creepy. And brilliant.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I was hoping for Quinten Rollins. I think he's going to be very good, and would have looked great in the LOB.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I really wanted to see what DGB would do in the Seahawks Offense.

No big WR with potential like that is going to sign here as a free agent, so our only chance is to get one in the draft or through trade. Was hoping we could get that through the draft this year.

Tical21

Reaction score
Jalen Strong and Ty Montgomery, and I had a dirty little crush on Kikaha, but thought he might go a bit later. I think Jalen Strong is going to be an absolute star, and it wouldn't surprise me if Montgomery has a sick highlight tape in the league. I didn't watch that much of him, but unless the UW game is not an indicator of his talent, that dude has some elite juice. I don't remember the last time I was so scared of a player touching the ball.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My players I'd hoped the team would draft were:

OG/C- Mitch Morse
WR- Chris Conley

Naturally there were a few others but I'm particularly excited by the addition of DE's Clark and Gwachum.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
It's also worth noting when I was researching pSparq at 3sigmaathletes.com.

Tye Smith ranked top 5 among the best athletic CBs that fit the Seahawks wingspan preference (of which others more knowlegable than I put at 77.5 in).

Not bad for a 5th round pick whose tackling ability, play making ability, and aggressive style fit well with the Legion of Boom. Get him to top out his athletic ability with the 25 pounds he added for the combine to match his collegiate play. He's going to be another diamond in the rough late round draft pick. I'm excited even more for the kid.