How good is Vernon Adams Jr?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
How good is he now? How good will he be for Oregon? How good is he likely to be in the NFL?

Can he be as good or better than RW3 and do you think the Seahawks will be keeping a close eye on him?

MB12

Reaction score
The spread offense produces bad quarterbacks, he would need to sit a few years in the NFL in my opinion

CPHawk

Reaction score
MB12":16q4gzro said:
The spread offense produces bad quarterbacks, he would need to sit a few years in the NFL in my opinion

He didn't run the spread option at EWU.

MB12

Reaction score
CPHawk":3lafzghu said:
MB12":3lafzghu said:

And that is the interesting part, will be good to see how he copes in the NFL having been in both offenses

JSeahawks

Reaction score
He plays a lot like Wilson. Even seems to have a lot of the same "it" factors. Hopefully he'll be really good.

One thing about Wilson, even though he's short he's not a little guy, his body is well equipped to take a pounding, I'm not sure about that with Adams.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He's a real good player that JSeahawks will probably compare to a Greek god by October. ;)

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
MB12":2i6e4426 said:
CPHawk":2i6e4426 said:
MB12":2i6e4426 said:

And that is the interesting part, will be good to see how he copes in the NFL having been in both offenses

You could have just said, thanks I didn't know that.

lol

zifnab32

Reaction score
He dropped some absolutely beautiful dimes in the game against UW, he looked really good.

He also is really slight and by the end of the game was significantly impacted by the hits he'd taken.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
zifnab32":2qz8yihr said:
He dropped some absolutely beautiful dimes in the game against UW, he looked really good.

He also is really slight and by the end of the game was significantly impacted by the hits he'd taken.
Somehow I think that Oregon will have a better line than Eastern.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I wonder if his move to Oregon will be a positive or a negative. It seems like it should be a positive with a real step up from EW and a chance to show what he can do, conversely, I wonder if he's got the poisoned chalice of being Mariota's replacement.

kearly

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2kxbd1km said:
I wonder if his move to Oregon will be a positive or a negative. It seems like it should be a positive with a real step up from EW and a chance to show what he can do, conversely, I wonder if he's got the poisoned chalice of being Mariota's replacement.

It will be a positive. Oregon is in elite territory when it comes to making QBs look good, right up there with Baylor as the best in the nation for manufacturing good QB play.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Did he graduate from EWU? Last I heard he was having trouble with a class or 2. He wouldn't be eligible to transfer if that was the case.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Chawks1":3gk053uy said:
Did he graduate from EWU? Last I heard he was having trouble with a class or 2. He wouldn't be eligible to transfer if that was the case.
He's in.

drrew

Reaction score
CPHawk":21nmiez4 said:
Chawks1":21nmiez4 said:
He's in.

Oregonian reports he did not graduate and is not yet joining Oregon. Hoping to graduate in Summer....we'll see.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
drrew":wady643a said:
CPHawk":wady643a said:
Chawks1":wady643a said:
He's in.

Oregonian reports he did not graduate and is not yet joining Oregon. Hoping to graduate in Summer....we'll see.
Yep, they are hoping he graduates in the summer. But it's not a given

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Dude seems to be ballin now things have settled down and he is injury free. I was impressed watching the Ducks against USC last night.

I really think he or Boykin end up at the Seahawks.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
After watching him for most of a season its amazing how similar he is to Wilson. If you're one of those people who isnt a huge fan of Russell Wilson because he doesnt drop back and deliver the ball right on time, then you probably won't like Adams either. I think he actually throws the ball slightly better then Wilson, I also think he has better pocket presense and slides around within the pocket a little bit better then Wilson, Wilson is a much bigger threat to scramble and make plays with his legs though. Adams uses his legs to scramble and make down the field throws, but he wont take off for very many big gainers. I don't know there 40 times but just watching them play I would bet that Wilson's quite a bit faster.

Like I said earlier in the thread though, i'm not sure if his body will hold up in the NFL. Wilson is short but thick. ADams is short and pretty small.

He's got a lot of the intangibles you want in a QB though, i'd love if the Seahawks took a flyer on him either really late in the draft or as a potential undrafted free agent.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
JSeahawks":144bfx2f said:
After watching him for most of a season its amazing how similar he is to Wilson. If you're one of those people who isnt a huge fan of Russell Wilson because he doesnt drop back and deliver the ball right on time, then you probably won't like Adams either. I think he actually throws the ball slightly better then Wilson, I also think he has better pocket presense and slides around within the pocket a little bit better then Wilson, Wilson is a much bigger threat to scramble and make plays with his legs though. Adams uses his legs to scramble and make down the field throws, but he wont take off for very many big gainers. I don't know there 40 times but just watching them play I would bet that Wilson's quite a bit faster.

Like I said earlier in the thread though, i'm not sure if his body will hold up in the NFL. Wilson is short but thick. ADams is short and pretty small.

He's got a lot of the intangibles you want in a QB though, i'd love if the Seahawks took a flyer on him either really late in the draft or as a potential undrafted free agent.
Agreed, I think he would fit into our offensive philosophy well.