Give Me Your Heisman Favorite & One Darkhorse

Playmaker21

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Long time no post!

It's June 2, that means next month NFL Training Camps start! Which also means NCAA College Football predictions are coming!!!!

So I would like everyone here to give me their Heisman Trophy favorite. Maybe even a couple. Also give me one Heisman Dark Horse to watch for.

Here is Bovada's top 7

RB Ezekial Elliott (Ohio State) 6/1
QB Trevone Boykin (TCU) 7/1
RB Leonard Fournette (LSU) 15/2
QB Dak Prescott (Mississippi St) 8/1
RB Nick Chubb (Georgia) 8/1
QB Cardale Jones (Ohio State) 12/1
QB Cody Kessler (USC) 12/1

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Playmaker21":1q347xts said:

It's June 2, that means next month NFL Training Camps start! Which also means NCAA College Football predictions are coming!!!!

So I would like everyone here to give me their Heisman Trophy favorite. Maybe even a couple. Also give me one Heisman Dark Horse to watch for.

Here is Bovada's top 7

I'd put Boykin as the faavorite. The Ohio state guys will split votes otherwise I'd pick one of them..

Dark horse is Vernon Adams. If he succeeds he'll be a great story and the media will be all over it which will lead to heisman juice.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1nag6uwb said:
Playmaker21":1nag6uwb said:

Here is Bovada's top 7

I'd put Boykin as the faavorite. The Ohio state guys will split votes otherwise I'd pick one of them..

Dark horse is Vernon Adams. If he succeeds he'll be a great story and the media will be all over it which will lead to heisman juice.
He's got to graduate Eastern first

drrew

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1zf5ludk said:
JSeahawks":1zf5ludk said:
He's got to graduate Eastern first
Is that actually in question?

My mild long shot, Jeremy Johnson - Auburn QB
My super long shot. Shane Morris - Michigan QB

sc85sis

Reaction score
I'd have put Cody as my dark horse just because he's not a flashy QB. He quietly racked up some fairly impressive stats last year, but he also struggled at times.

If he's more consistently good this season and puts up high numbers, he has a shot, but I think he's not seen as a "sexy" choice.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Favorites IMO will be Boykin or Cardale. Don't fully agree with J's point about Zeke taking votes away from him.. the Heisman award more often than not goes to a QB unless another skill position guy has an insane season. Cardale has a ton of hype around him too..

Of course he'd have to win the starting gig as well.. but that's what I am assuming he does.

Dark horse.. Jeremy Johnson from Auburn could have them in the NC hunt and Malzahn's offense = lots of yards and flashy plays. He could be the best QB to run this offense yet, and that's a scary thought since Cam Newton won a title under Malzahn.

Tical21

Reaction score
Since Cyler won't be back I'm going to have to go with Barrett.

Bombastic Sports

Reaction score
Heisman Favorite:
Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio Sate

In his last three games he was four yards shy of rushing for a combined 700 yards. Keep in mind, his last three games were against Wisconsin, Alabama, and Oregon (Big Ten Championship, College Playoff game, National Championship). He also scored eight touchdowns in those contests.

Darkhorse:
Anu Solomon, QB, Arizona

He's going to put up huge numbers.
Code:

cover-2

Reaction score
Favorite: TCU (QB) Trevone Boykin

Dark horse: Alabama (RB) Derrick Henry

Darker Horse: Oklahoma (RB) Samaje Perine. I doubt Oklahoma finishes in the top-20, so that will greatly hinder Perine from winning the Heisman.

kearly

Reaction score
Vernon Adams. IMO he's the most natural QB in the NCAA. And he's going to play for the freaking Ducks. If he stays healthy he will have googly eyed numbers.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Dark horse- Jalen Hurd, Tennessee. Currently tied for 30th at 66-1, he's great value. A 6'3, 230 pound former 5 star RB who went for 122 yards on 16 carries in a bowl thrashing of Iowa as a freshman. Butch Jones has Tennessee recruiting with the elite again after many years in the college football wilderness. They can very realistically win the SEC East, which in theory means they are one win away from the playoff (SECCG). At 66-1 he is great, underrated value.

cover-2

Reaction score
ctrcat":1543zm63 said:
Dark horse- Jalen Hurd, Tennessee. Currently tied for 30th at 66-1, he's great value. A 6'3, 230 pound former 5 star RB who went for 122 yards on 16 carries in a bowl thrashing of Iowa as a freshman. Butch Jones has Tennessee recruiting with the elite again after many years in the college football wilderness. They can very realistically win the SEC East, which in theory means they are one win away from the playoff (SECCG). At 66-1 he is great, underrated value.

I personally don't think Hurd is all that special as a running back, IMO I think he should be playing on the defensive side of the ball. I would love to see him playing strong safety or maybe LB. Yeah, he is going to get his carries and get his yards in Tennessee's spread offense, but for me he would be an exciting prospect as a SS.

ctrcat

Reaction score
I think he would make a good safety as well, but Bob Stoops compared Hurd to Adrian Peterson. Hyperbole sure, but he did put the two in the same sentence.

CPHawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":5xzu8exa said:
I think he would make a good safety as well, but Bob Stoops compared Hurd to Adrian Peterson. Hyperbole sure, but he did put the two in the same sentence.

Just like everyone was compared to Reggie Bush, and Urb tells every RB they remind him of Harvin.

drrew

Reaction score
drrew":ou758hrd said:

Figured I'd resurrect this thread to see how everyone elsese predictions have gone.

For me, Jeremy Johnson just got benched and Shane Morris didn't even win the starting job and hasn't stepped on the field yet.

So good calls by me.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
drrew":2qqr27if said:
drrew":2qqr27if said:

Figured I'd resurrect this thread to see how everyone elsese predictions have gone.

For me, Jeremy Johnson just got benched and Shane Morris didn't even win the starting job and hasn't stepped on the field yet.

So good calls by me.

Man Jeremy Johnson has been a disaster. I whiffed on him pretty badly too.

Looks like it's Fournette's to lose at this point.