Five worst NFL draft classes of last 25 years

ivotuk

Reaction score
Man this is ugly, and kind be used against/for seabowl's thread on Seattle's 1st round picks. I'm thinking that John Schneider should just trade away every 1st round pick from now on, especially since it's going to be #32 anyway. And like Kearly mentioned, it's just a glorified 2nd round value that late in the First.

2. 2013

» Complete draft class
» Pro Football Hall of Famers: None
» On the road to Canton: None
» Other notable stars: Sheldon Richardson, Eric Reid, Kyle Long, Le'Veon Bell, Eddie Lacy
» Number of players who made at least one Pro Bowl: 7
» First-rounders who made at least one Pro Bowl: 5

3. 2009

» Complete draft class
» Pro Football Hall of Famers: None
» On the road to Canton: None
» Other notable stars: Matthew Stafford, Brian Orakpo, Clay Matthews, LeSean McCoy, Mike Wallace, Arian Foster (undrafted)
» Number of players who made at least one Pro Bowl: 20
» First-rounders who made at least one Pro Bowl: 9

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... t-25-years

ctrcat

Reaction score
The top 10 in 2013 was mind numbingly bad, but Star Lotulelei @14 and Kawann Short @44 have been outstanding for 2nd year DT's. Lotulelei was neck and neck with Richardson for DROY in 2013 for most of the year and battled injuries/missed some games in 2014 to include the playoff game. Short may be the better overall player and while I don't gamble (anymore, learned my lesson), if I did, it would be on one or both being a Pro-Bowler in the near future.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
2013 was a horrible draft . . . it almost makes me feel better about our draft that year. Luke Willson, Jordan Hill, Tharold Simon, and Christine Michael still have a chance to develop into contributors this year.

1992 obviously takes the cake. Bob Spitulski's career ended with a thud. Ray Roberts was alright, but never lived up to his potential. We got Michael Bates as a returner when he eventually came back from the Olympics.

And there's 2009 . . . :34853_doh:

At least we got Max Unger out of it, and said goodbye to Ruskell.

kearly

Reaction score
If you are decently good and a 1st rounder, you will probably reach at least one pro-bowl because everyone will know your name before you even step on the field. If you are decently good and a 3rd rounder, you are Brandon Mebane, and make no pro-bowls. Because only the biggest diehards even know who you are.

To be drafted later and still make the pro-bowl, you have to be flat out awesome, at least in most cases. So it makes sense that the 2009 and 2013 drafts would be high on a list using these criteria, because both had horrible value in the top 15 picks, but were above average in the mid-to-late rounds.

2015 was like this too, but even weaker in the first round and seemingly weaker in the later rounds too, other than a couple areas like WR and RB.