UW Quarterback Cyler Miles Retires Due To Hip Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
– A chronic hip injury has forced Washington quarterback Cyler Miles to retire from college football, head coach Chris Petersen announced today. Medical personnel have advised Miles that it would be against his best interest to continue to play on the injury, which has persisted throughout his career.

Miles, who would have been a fourth-year junior this coming fall, started 12 games for the Huskies last season and played in a total of 20 games during his UW career.

"I am grateful to Coach Petersen and his staff for all the opportunities I have been given here at Washington," Miles said. "I am disappointed that my hip injuries will not allow me to continue playing, but I am committed to earning my UW degree and will leave the program with many great friendships and valuable lessons learned."

As with all medical retirements, Miles can remain on scholarship through the completion of his undergraduate degree, but will not count against the NCAA limit of 85 scholarship players on the roster.

"I am pleased that Cyler will remain committed to the pursuit of his UW degree, even though his injuries will keep him from competing on the football field," Petersen said. "We will continue to support him and wish him the best in this next phase of his life."

http://www.gohuskies.com//ViewArticle.d ... um=twitter

chris98251

Reaction score
Well good for the Kid staying for his degree. He wasn't much of a QB though, that kid that transferred may be having second thoughts now as well, bailing early trying to start and there was a chance here.

Well all predictions just got tossed into the air now, open competition in camp and we have to be better looking forward now.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I think what Coach Petersen did for Cyler Miles, simplifying the game for him and playing to his strengths in order to turn him into a halfway decent QB with solid production, was one of the great miracles of sports last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.