Give me your 4 playoff teams

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Thought it might be fun to do this. Top 4 will be very fluid after every week and throughout the season. Right now after week 2 i've got:

1. Ohio State
2. TCU
3. Alabama
4. USC

The top 3 are pretty set in stone for me at this point. Michigan State, UCLA and Texas A&M were also considered for that 4th spot)

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
1. Ohio State
2. Alabama
3. TCU
4. Michigan State

I think Oregon still wins the Pac 12, thus keeping USC out and propelling MSU in.

No one else from the Pac 12 is really a contender, nor is anyone from the ACC. Baylor could supplant TCU though.

Hard to say how the committee would seed it, but an all BIG semi seems better than the potential of an all BIG final.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Preseason I had:

1. Ohio State
2. TCU
3. Auburn
4. USC

Now I have

1. Ohio State
2. Alabama
3. TCU
4. Michigan State

I think the Pac-12 is going to eliminate itself, and if Sparty has a good showing against tOSU they can slide in.

Also look out for Georgia Tech, they are a dangerous team.. that game against Clemson will be a doozy.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I almost put Michigan state in there, i just don't like the idea of 2 from the same conference. I believe you should be a conference champ to make the playoffs, and that will be Ohio State from their conference.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
JSeahawks":37i5yrfc said:
I almost put Michigan state in there, i just don't like the idea of 2 from the same conference. I believe you should be a conference champ to make the playoffs, and that will be Ohio State from their conference.

In theory, I agree. But if your choices are:

Non conference champ MSU
Conference champ Oregon
2 loss ACC conference champ

I don't see any logical reason for keeping MSU out. They would have the best resume, with the exception of getting absolutely boat raced by tOSU.

ARhawk

Reaction score
1.Arkansas
2.Alabama
3.Georgia
4.Ole Miss
The SEC would be the best conference in the NFL :sarcasm_off:

For real though:
1. Ohio St- unless they lose to Michigan St, which would make me happy
2. Ole Miss- just a feeling
3. Baylor- could be TCU here but I think Baylor wins head to head
4. Michigan St- too good to leave out

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Def not Auburn. They should of just went ahead and lost last week instead of being laughed out of the building against LSU. Current losing by 30 :lol: and I love every minute. No miracles here today boys :D

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Big changes after week 3:

1. Ohio state
2. Tcu
3. Georgia
4. Notre dame

Neither Ohio state or tcu looked dominant today, but they get to keep their spots.

If I were doing rankings I'd have Michigan state at #3, but as I said last week if I'm on the playoff committee I'm not taking two teams from the same conference. 4th spot comes down to Notre Dame or UCLA but I wasnt very impressed with UCLA tonight, so ND gets it for now, but I dont expect them to stay there. Hopefully someone (Oregon!) in the PAC 12 will be able to separate themselves by the end of the season to take that spot. Otherwise it will probably end up being Clemson or fsu.

Georgia, ole miss, lsu and Texas a&m all look pretty good. For now I'm going with Georgia by a slight margin.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Notre Dame will lose 2-3 games. Way overrated as usual.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CPHawk":36jy0r1k said:

I agree, but for now they're up there. They'll probably get blown out @Clemson in a couple of weeks.

CPHawk

Reaction score
My top 4 teams right now, but more than likely no way it's a final four.

Georgia, Ole Miss, OSU and Michigan St. Not in any order.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2ki54ahr said:
CPHawk":2ki54ahr said:

I agree, but for now they're up there. They'll probably get blown out @Clemson in a couple of weeks.

Eh Clemson is overrated too IMO. ND's defense will keep them in games.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If we're projecting what the rankings look like after Week 3.. would go

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan State
3. Ole Miss
4. TCU

Projecting how I think it will end now..

1. Ohio State
2. LSU
3. TCU
4. Michigan State

Like I said last week, I think the Pac-12 is basically going to cancel itself out. Stanford gave USC a loss, Oregon already has one, I can see USC/UCLA/Oregon all losing 1-2 more games this year. If Michigan State runs the table and only loses to tOSU, I think that may put them above the Pac-12 and ACC Champs.

What would be interesting is if the opposite happens and Michigan State beats Ohio State and wins the B10 title. Would Ohio State have enough to get in with that one loss? I don't think so.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Utah and UCLA both alive to make the final 4 with USC having an outside shot (would need to run the table IMO).

I'm gonna go bold here and say Ohio St. doesn't get there. They seem to be going through the motions this year. Granted, outside of Va Tech they haven't payed anybody, but still.....

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":34v9f55v said:
Utah and UCLA both alive to make the final 4 with USC having an outside shot (would need to run the table IMO).

I'm gonna go bold here and say Ohio St. doesn't get there. They seem to be going through the motions this year. Granted, outside of Va Tech they haven't payed anybody, but still.....

Yesssss :th2thumbs: