Seahawks 2016 mock draft - with Kam trade

cover-2

Reaction score
If Kam Chancellor continues to hold out, then he in a way forces the team to trade him. The Giants are said to be the team that has the most interest in trading for Kam. Giants GM has put his players on notice, he thinks they have been underachieving and a lot of his players are on the last year of their contract. So, he is probably a little misguided/ delusional that he can make a deep run into the playoffs. With his thinking, he might be in the mindset that if he adds an All-Pro with great leadership qualities, that this is their year. I think the Giants will have a bad season picking any where for top-15 to top-10. So here is my "way too early mock draft". For this mock I'll say the Giants 1st round pick is the 13th overall, we give them Kam and we get the #13th pick in the 1st round.

2016 NFL Draft

TRADE : The top three LT should be off the board by the time we pick with our 1st round #13 pick (from Giants), so I see us trading down with an eye towards the 2017 NFL draft. The Seahawks trade the 1st round #13 pick to the Bengals and in return we get the Bengals 1st round #23 pick, 3rd round pick, and their 1st round pick in the 2017 NFL draft.

1st round #23 (from Bengals trade for Giants 1st) - Auburn (OT) Shon Coleman 6-6 313 lbs. : Coleman is a player that was mention on Seahawks Draft Blog as a player to keep an eye on. He looked like a solid OT prospect in his game against Louisville, while maybe not elite he does look like he could rise to be the fourth OT selected in the draft. Coleman is only a junior, but if he declares he could be a OT for us to target late in the 1st round. If we don't re-sign Okung then I would assume we target an OT in the first or second round.
1235075.jpg

1st round #32 - Alabama (DT) Jarran Reed 6-3 313 lbs. : I'm a big fan of Reed, he is the run stopping force on the Alabama defensive line. He is strong as an ox and he hits with bad intentions. He would be a 1-technique DT on our defense. If Mebane is not re-signed, then Reed would be his replacement. Right now Reed is considered a 2nd round prospect, but I could see him going late 1st - early 2nd round.
541e23cb17724image
6_3219484.jpg

2nf round - Louisville (SS) Josh Harvey-Clemmons 6-5 230 lbs.: Harvey-Clemmons at 6-5 230 lbs is a super sized SS, with and incredible wingspan, he is very fluid for his size, and he looks very comfortable in coverage. Coming out of high school he was the number one LB recruit. He is an inch or two taller than Chancellor but not as thick, he could easily add another 5 pounds of muscle without losing agility or speed.
http://www.cbssports.com/video/play...789/0/harvey-clemons-plays-thief-for-2nd-time
[youtube]7ZNcUlWwC60[/youtube]

3rd round (from Giants) - Texas A&M (WR) Ricky Seals-Jones 6-5 240 lbs: The big man was the #1 WR/Athlete recruit coming out of high school. He is a redshirt sophomore and probably won't put up impressive stats, but he has immense upside.
[youtube]v9EqjeD9nPA[/youtube]

3rd round - Oregon St. (CB) Treston Decoud 6-3 208 lbs. : When I was watching Oregon St vs. Michigan Decoud stood out. He has the length that the Seahawks like in their CB's and he is a very physical player. He is only a junior and this is his first year at Oregon St, he played at a junior college last year.
631636227872047104.jpeg

3rd round (comp) - Louisville (DE) Devonte Fields 6-4 245 lbs: Fields is a long, quick twitch athlete that is a perfect player for the Seahawks Leo position. He has quick hands to keep offensive lineman off him when the opposing team tries to run towards his side. He had double-digit sacks while at TCU and he is good against the run. He has had an off the field problem which got him kicked off the TCU team. This weekend he didn't look like a high motor player, but he is a very talented player and he is worth the gamble late in the 3rd round.
Here is a quick article on him...
http://www.scout.com/college/louisville ... louisville
635746707422063906 0808UofLFBPractice008 DRL

4th round - Kentucky (LB) Josh Forrest 6-3 255 lbs: Forrest is an very athletic LB, he is a former WR, but he is not the most physical LB. He put on about 20 lbs of muscle for this year, so it will be interesting if that added weight slows him down or makes him a more physical player. He should be a SPAQ stud, and he is productive so the 4th round should be a good value for this prospect. Last year when I was scouting Kentucky DE Alvin "Bud" Dupree, I couldn't help but notice Forrest flying around the field making plays. He could play himself into the 2nd or 3rd round if he can become a more physical player.
[youtube]mLWS_zRb16w[/youtube]

5th round - NC State (QB) Jacoby Brissett 6-4 235 lbs. : Brissett would us a young talented QB to back up Wilson. Brissett could easily shoot up the draft board.
[youtube]VNmjSHwhM0Y[/youtube]

6th round (Cowboys) - Arkansas St (TE) Darion Griswold 6-5 267 lbs. :
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8463509
Darion griswold ncaa football idaho arkansas state

7th round - Boston College (DE/DT) Mehdi Abdesmad 6-7 288 lbs. : Unique size , worth taking a flyer on him late in the draft.
NKBHaAa8tLmiz2iAw300h300c0pid1

7th round - Texas A&M (RB) Tra Carson 6-0 235 lbs. : Carson is a big back that can come in and compete for a spot on the roster.
[youtube]fxNBTEZB88o[/youtube]

7th round (comp) - LSU (TE) Dillon Gordon 6-4 295 lbs. : The Seahawks find another player to convert to offensive lineman.
52917b29d8253image

2017 NFL Draft
With two 1st round picks the Seahawks have the draft ammo to move up into the top-10 and select their guy to take over for Marshawn Lynch.
1st round #7 (acquired from trading our two 1st round picks) - LSU (RB) Leonard Fournette 6-1 230 lbs. : IMO Fournette is an elite RB prospect with an excellent combination of speed, power, and balance.
[youtube]Xw6rt4Tw4E4[/youtube]

ARhawk

Reaction score
We wont get a first for Kam. Nobody is giving that up for an aging SS who wants to be paid.

I would be really surprised if we dont draft a running back in the first three rounds of 2016. After Marshawn, (who wont be around much longer) we have an undrafted guy, and a 34-year old. This could be the last year for both Lynch and Jackson, and that would leave us with just Rawls. Although Rawls could end up being pretty good, I highly doubt the team will want to risk going into the 2016 season with just him and maybe Rod Smith. They will have much better options in this next class. I also dont think the FO will want to gamble that they will be in a position to take the top RB on the board two years from now either, especially with running backs starting to go higher in the draft.

If Marshawn doesnt show any signs of slowing down, and Rawls shows that he will be a capable back-up, maybe I could see them passing on the running backs in this class. But they still need a plan for the future, and I dont think Rawls is the answer.

Outside of the RB situation, I really like that draft. Good post

Subzero717

Reaction score
Kam is a 27 year old SS. His shelf life is realistically 2 more years after this. If we got a 3rd and something else I'd be stoked. It has to be a team that's close and has a specific need. I still don't see it.

randomation

Reaction score
If we were to get a top 15 pick I would expect it to go towards Beast's eventual replacement either Zeke or Henry specifically.

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
ARhawk":1ykyebaa said:
We wont get a first for Kam. Nobody is giving that up for an aging SS who wants to be paid.

I would be really surprised if we dont draft a running back in the first three rounds of 2016. After Marshawn, (who wont be around much longer) we have an undrafted guy, and a 34-year old. This could be the last year for both Lynch and Jackson, and that would leave us with just Rawls. Although Rawls could end up being pretty good, I highly doubt the team will want to risk going into the 2016 season with just him and maybe Rod Smith. They will have much better options in this next class. I also dont think the FO will want to gamble that they will be in a position to take the top RB on the board two years from now either, especially with running backs starting to go higher in the draft.

If Marshawn doesnt show any signs of slowing down, and Rawls shows that he will be a capable back-up, maybe I could see them passing on the running backs in this class. But they still need a plan for the future, and I dont think Rawls is the answer.

I disagree with the thinking that a 27 year old SS is "aging". He could easily play another 7 years. If we were talking about RB's then I would agree 27 is aging, but Pro Bowl type safeties can play into their mid - late 30's.

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
randomation":2hgrnelj said:
If we were to get a top 15 pick I would expect it to go towards Beast's eventual replacement either Zeke or Henry specifically.

I like both Zeke and Henry, but IMO neither one is a top-20 talent.

CPHawk

Reaction score
If no kam, then draft Jallen Ramsey.

Tra Carson? Are we really going to go down this path again? There's a reason he couldn't see the field at Oregon.

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
CPHawk":3fcawum4 said:
If no kam, then draft Jallen Ramsey.

Tra Carson? Are we really going to go down this path again? There's a reason he couldn't see the field at Oregon.

Ramsey is a fantastic player, but he will probably be a top-10 pick. Ramsey best projects at FS or CB not as an in the box SS.

At the bottom of the 7th round you can plug in any RB back you like, I'm not going to nit pick about Carson.

ARhawk

Reaction score
cover-2":3kfmt8jm said:
ARhawk":3kfmt8jm said:

I disagree with the thinking that a 27 year old SS is "aging". He could easily play another 7 years. If we were talking about RB's then I would agree 27 is aging, but Pro Bowl type safeties can play into their mid - late 30's.
Kam can not keep up his style of play for seven years. With the beating his body takes, he could probably play 2-4 more years at or a little below his current level. Kam himself knows this which is why he's holding out and trying to get guaranteed money while his body can still hold up.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I just want to know why I didn't know there is a 295lb TE in college. I like the Okung replacement but I agree that I think we need a RB replacement and probably sooner than later.

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
ARhawk":2cy92cff said:
cover-2":2cy92cff said:
ARhawk":2cy92cff said:

Kam can not keep up his style of play for seven years. With the beating his body takes, he could probably play 2-4 more years at or a little below his current level. Kam himself knows this which is why he's holding out and trying to get guaranteed money while his body can still hold up.

On the subject of Kam's shelf life, we are going to have to agree to disagree.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
ARhawk":1zhrmxk1 said:

I agree. I think next year we will probably draft RB in the first round if the top guy is still there unless they feel like one of the other guys is better than maybe we use our second on RB. I dont think Lynch is going to be here much longer TBH.

Havent seen enough of Rawls to say whether he could be the man but I dont think he would be bad.

Looking at some mocks and about the draft next year I guess we would be able to nab either Ezekiel Elliot or Derrick Henry although honestly if there is a good tackle available we should go that route IMO

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2ty05vr7 said:
Kam is a 27 year old SS. His shelf life is realistically 2 more years after this. If we got a 3rd and something else I'd be stoked. It has to be a team that's close and has a specific need. I still don't see it.

Id rather we get nothing if all we are getting is a 3rd round pick. The Vikings desperately need a SS next to Harrison Smith. If there is any team that would trade for him I would imagine they would be it IMO