New World Order of College Football and my Top 10 Week 3

Playmaker21

Reaction score
November 10, 2012. The last day both Auburn and Alabama lost on the same day in the regular season. Auburn lost to Georgia, Alabama at home to Texas A&M. That ended yesterday, Saturday September 19 when Auburn was blown out at LSU and Alabama was handled by Ole Miss. I think this is the changing of the guard in college football. The national championship will no longer run through the state of Alabama.

We are in a new world order in college football. Look at your top 5 this week in the AP & Coaches Poll Top 25. Only 1 traditional powerhouse, Ohio State at #1 http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

They dropped Alabama to 12 and the AP dropped Auburn, the preseason favorite to win the SEC according to the SEC Writers.

Personally I do not think any polls should be submitted until the 3rd weekend in October. They exit to sell people to watch games. It's a TV thing. The rest of us could live without needing to know who is #23 in the country.

That said this is my top 10. I base it of of who they have played so far and how they've looked, not who they are.

#1. Ole Miss 3-0
#2. Michigan State 3-0
#3. LSU 2-0
#4. Notre Dame 3-0
#5. UCLA 3-0
#6. TCU 3-0
#7, Georgia 3-0
#8. Ohio State 3-0
#9. Oklahoma 3-0
#10 Texas A&M 3-0

Just Missed
Clemson 3-0
Baylor 3-0
Northwestern 3-0

Heisman Top 3
#1, LSU RB Leonard Fournette
#2. TCU QB Trevone Boykin
#3. Missouri LB Kentrell Brothers

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Not bad, you have UCLA too high (looked bad last night against BYU i thought), and Ohio State and Georgia too low, imo. And I think a few one loss teams are better then quite a few of those undefeated teams, but this early in the season it's hard to tell.

Based just off what we've seen so far, and not what I think they'll be at the end of the season i'd go something like:

1. Georgia
2. Ole Miss
3. Michigan State
4. Ohio State
5. TCU
6. LSU
7. Oregon
8. Alabama
9. UCLA
10. Texas A&M

People will think i'm a homer but Oregon has the most impressive loss. By 3 to a top 5 team on the road. In all reality should have won that game if Adams could have hit a wide open Byron Marshall for a TD on that final drive instead of overthrowing him by 10 yards.

As for Heisman i'd go Fournette, Chubb and Boykin.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":bp1tlzmv said:
homer but Oregon has the most impressive loss. By 3 to a top 5 team on the road. In all reality should have won that game if Adams could have hit a wide open Byron Marshall for a TD on that final drive instead of overthrowing him by 10 yards.

Giving up a total of 70 points and just short of 1000 yards to Georgia State and Eastern Washington is a huge red flag. I think I saw that they're somewhere around 110th in team defense and another 10 spots or more lower in passing defense.

The offense is still top class but they don't get through the conference schedule unscathed unless the defense gets a lot better effective immediately.

So yeah, Oregon at 7 is a homer pick, but it's expected.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":3dxy1tlw said:
JSeahawks":3dxy1tlw said:
homer but Oregon has the most impressive loss. By 3 to a top 5 team on the road. In all reality should have won that game if Adams could have hit a wide open Byron Marshall for a TD on that final drive instead of overthrowing him by 10 yards.

Giving up a total of 70 points and just short of 1000 yards to Georgia State and Eastern Washington is a huge red flag. I think I saw that they're somewhere around 110th in team defense and another 10 spots or more lower in passing defense.

The offense is still top class but they don't get through the conference schedule unscathed unless the defense gets a lot better effective immediately.

On the flip side they held Connor Cook (who is considered one of the best QB's in the country, although I personally think he's overrated) under 200 yards in the one game we've played this year that meant anything.

I completely agree that the Oregon D is not a top unit, but their offense is good enough that it wont matter against 90% of opponents. And I think the defense will be much better than they've been when they need to be. They gave up a ton of yards in 2 games that were never in doubt and had no intensity whatsoever.

Tackling has been the biggest problem by far.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
1. Michigan State
2. Ohio State
3. Ole Miss
4. TCU
5. LSU
6. Baylor
7. Georgia
8. Notre Dame
9. Clemson
T-10. Oregon/UCLA

Dropping tOSU to 8th is ridiculous. I'm dropping them to 2 simply because the past two weeks they haven't played better than Michigan State who beat Oregon and had a really tough Air Force team immediately after. Long term though I think the Buckeyes are clearly the best team in the country.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1xsruwzp said:
1. Georgia
2. Ole Miss
3. Michigan State
4. Ohio State
5. TCU
6. LSU
7. Oregon
8. Alabama
9. UCLA
10. Texas A&M

Notre Dame has to be in at 8, 9, or 10 in place of UCLA or A&M (and this coming from an Aggie fan).