Bears @ Huskies

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Washington's defense can't tackle worth crap today and they're getting their asses kicked as a result.

Chapow

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2dcy383s said:
Stupid Pac-12 Network . . . I have DirecTV. Larry Scott can go to hell.

Yep

CPHawk

Reaction score
Chapow":1uasm6wf said:
hawknation2015":1uasm6wf said:

Yep

DTV is the idiots who won't do a deal. I had to dump them because they don't care to get a deal done, the retention person told me as much. They don't feel the need for the pac 12 network is enough for them to agree to terms.

Chapow

Reaction score
CPHawk":1igz5u2j said:
Chapow":1igz5u2j said:
hawknation2015":1igz5u2j said:

Yep

DTV is the idiots who won't do a deal. I had to dump them because they don't care to get a deal done, the retention person told me as much. They don't feel the need for the pac 12 network is enough for them to agree to terms.

I'm gonna go ahead and place some blame on both parties. Neither are willing to compromise and reach a deal. So yeah, screw DirecTV and screw the PAC-12 network.

I will say this though, before the creation of the PAC-12 network, I can't remember ever not being able to watch a UW game at home on my TV.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Chapow":2ujgafb1 said:
CPHawk":2ujgafb1 said:
Chapow":2ujgafb1 said:
hawknation2015":2ujgafb1 said:

Yep

I'm gonna go ahead and place some blame on both parties. Neither are willing to compromise and reach a deal. So yeah, screw DirecTV and screw the PAC-12 network.

I will say this though, before the creation of the PAC-12 network, I can't remember ever not being able to watch a UW game at home on my TV.

There was no reason for Larry Scott to self-produce to the Pac-12 Network. I can get the SEC Network no problem, but the big providers seem to want nothing to do with the seven-channel behemoth.

The Network has become a revenue suck with less than 2/3 of the total TV revenue going back to the Pac-12 schools, compared with 90+% to SEC and Big 12 Schools.

I did find the game online. If anyone wants it, they can PM me.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
This network has some of the worst produced games I have seen. Constantly missing live action while replaying other games..

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The youth really showed itself today. Poor tackling on defense and five turnovers on offense. They'll learn from this, but they gave this game away.

kearly

Reaction score
Goff got away with a fumble. Really surprised the refs failed to see it on replay. Goff was clearly on top of his own player and the whistle had not been blown. There was a clear recovery by UW too. Sucks, there's a decent chance that could have turned the game.

Qualls is the best player on the team right now.

Goff is really really good at attacking zones. He hot hit a ton and still diced UW on 3rd and long.

Browning looked really good for much of the game, but suffered from trying too hard at times. Every mistake he made bit the team in the ass hard. Sometimes you get away with mistakes, sometimes you don't.

This game was frustrating as hell, but it shows that UW could be a good team in 2016 or 2017.

jkitsune

Reaction score
kearly":26p9mc1r said:
This game was frustrating as hell, but it shows that UW could be a good team in 2016 or 2017.

Agreed. It was frustrating to watch, but I'm not even really that upset. The Huskies looked like a team starting >50% first-year players, and were competitive with a good Cal team, just like they were competitive against a good Boise St team.

I expected the Huskies to look substantially worse than they have so far this year, given their youth, so to even be in a position to win these games is pretty encouraging. Browning has the kind of talent that could steal an unexpected win somewhere along the line, and who knows? I'm still expecting about 4 wins overall, but the talent on the field sure looks like it could be great next year.

That being said, it was frustrating to see Browning miss a wide open TD on that pick from the 3 yard line (or however deep it was), then to see the receiver drop a sure TD on a beautiful throw on our second to last drive. Browning looked indecisive in the face of pressure, and routinely took negative plays when he could have thrown it away. If he were a senior, that'd be cause for concern - but in his 4th game, his overall body of work is still far better than I could have hoped.

Got a brutal stretch coming up. Would be kind of neat if they could upset USC, Stanford, or UO, though I don't expect it.