Stanford @ WSU

Hawker

Reaction score
Predictions? #8 Stanford visiting the Palouse on Halloween night. I don't know if or when it will be announced, but WSU may have well earned itself a Gameday this week.

As much as I want to pick the upset, the Cougs' special teams and defense this year leave a lot to be desired.

Stanford 45
Wash St. 38

Hope I'm wrong. Should be a fun, high scoring affair and McCaffrey should probably get a third straight 300+ all purpose yards in this one.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Not feeling tremendously optimistic about this one.

WSU goes through stretches where there front 7 ranges from utterly dominant to below average. They struggle with slow developing run plays, mainly power plays, which is what Stanford runs. I expect that they might hold up alright early on but I think they will get worn down as the game goes on and Stanford will pop some big plays.

I expect WSU to move the ball, as they have against every opponent(except for Portland State(WTF)), if the offensive line can give Luke Falk time, they should be able to get the ball downfield.

I think WSU will play hard and play well, but I think Stanford is better, and will play like it.

Stanford 38-28

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Stanford appears to be a cut above the rest of the conference. WSU will probably put up a fight for a while, but hard to imagine Stanford not pulling away in the 2nd half.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sounds like weather will have a big impact in Pullman tonight. Rain, puddles forming on the field, 20 mph winds.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I'll take a 9 point lead at half, no problem.

Cougar defense looks really good tonight.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Wsu's defense is playing great. And I really think those pooch kicks (I hate them cuz I love watching mccaffrey) are taking a lot of the mojo and momentum away from Stanford by keeping the ball out of his hands.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I saw an interesting stat during the Michigan-Minnesota game. Despite their high powered passing attack Washington State is one of only six FBS teams without a pass play of 45+ yards.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Cougs look like a team destined for a good bowl game this year. I was dogging Leach earlier this season but he's done well since the PSU debacle.