Arizona @ Washington

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Huskies are 4½ point favorites tonight. I haven't seen word on if Browning will play tonight. Washington needs this one to keep their bowl hopes alive.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Looks like Browning will play.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/A_Jude/status/660631332326797313[/tweet]

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Over 54,000 tickets were sold for the game tonight. I doubt even half that many are in the stadium right now.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/660652502510014468[/tweet]

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
God, Washington's offense is terrible. Gaskin gained 5 yards on the first play and he hasn't touched it since. The other 5 offensive plays have gained a total of 3 yards.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Petersen remembers that Washington is pretty good at running the ball and the offense is actually producing.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Browning has fit the ball into some pretty small windows tonight. Imagine how good his numbers would be without all the drops.

kearly

Reaction score
I really like how the players ball for Petersen. He seems like Pete Caroll, a father-figure type.

I don't know where he gets drafted, but Browning is going to be in the NFL when it's all said and done. So many NFL qualities already as a true freshman. Browning made a few plays in this game that literally made me think "man, I wish Russell would do that..." Can't wait to see him next year with an offseason to get his weight up and further master the offense.

UW's run blocking was absurdly good at times in this game, including the WR blocking.

The no name defense seems so well coached. Night and day from last season.

Petersen had 3-4 game management gaffes per contest last year, but in 2015 he has his shit together.

Dwayne Washington has NFL talent, I just don't know what position he'd play. I think he should probably move back to WR, he's very impressive catching the football and has a great combination of size and speed for that position.

Gaskin is basically UWs equivalent Justin Forsett. Scouts won't rave about him but he's just a really good RB. That's actually great news for the Huskies because UW will probably get four good years out of him. Browning might declare early, but I don't think Gaskin would.

That TE 82 for UW had some nice grabs. Seems too small for TE but is great as a big WR.

Some WR, I think his number was 15 or 16, had some monster blocks in this game.

UWs OL was kicking the crap out of Arizona all game long. Especially in the run game. Even the backup skill players where marching down the field and scoring by the end.

I don't really care if UW makes a bowl game this year, they've already shown me all the positive signs I could have hoped for this season. 2015 so far has been to the UW program what 2011 was for the Seahawks. A mediocre final record, but there were clear signs by seasons end that something big was coming. A few times this year, and especially tonight, it feels like UW is turning into Kellen Moore-era Boise State.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2nzeivcv said:
ZorntoLargent":2nzeivcv said:
JSeahawks":2nzeivcv said:
I think uw takes this one. 21-17.
Or 49-3

Yea, I guess Arizona doesn't like the win and rain and cold. Not bad for the second most relevant program in the state.

Are you saying WSU is more relevant than UW this year? UW is 4-4 and WSU is 5-3 and they haven't played each other so I think that's yet to be decided.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
There was only one game I really wanted to win this season . . . beating the snot out of USC. Now that that happened, I just want to see continual improvement and growth from this team. From where we started to where we are now, I truly feel this is one of the best coached teams in the conference. Going to a bowl game is important because it means more practice opportunities to develop these young players. The future is bright at UW.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":6q2vt41r said:
JSeahawks":6q2vt41r said:
ZorntoLargent":6q2vt41r said:
JSeahawks":6q2vt41r said:
I think uw takes this one. 21-17.
Or 49-3

Yea, I guess Arizona doesn't like the win and rain and cold. Not bad for the second most relevant program in the state.

Are you saying WSU is more relevant than UW this year? UW is 4-4 and WSU is 5-3 and they haven't played each other so I think that's yet to be decided.

It was a joke. None of the northwest schools are relevant this year, including my ducks. Wsu could have been if they had won last night.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3dw27nyw said:
..........None of the northwest schools are relevant this year, including my ducks. Wsu could have been if they had won last night.
Sadly true. They'd have been in the driver's seat for the Northern Division. Oh well. Poulon Weedeater type bowl here we come. Sigh.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
So the Huskies need 2 more wins to make a bowl? I can see them beating Oregon State and maybe Arizona State. Have a feeling it may come down to the Apple though to add some drama to it.

I think this young team making any bowl game would be a fantastic achievement, especially how most people wrote them off as a 3 win team if not worse. They also came close against Oregon, Boise St and Cal (well at least didn't embarrass themselves). Would have loved to have saw Browning play against Stanford.