Not a good year to be looking for a QB in the draft.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm looking at you San Francisco.

Jared Goff, Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook are the 3 that are considered first rounders. I admit, i've never seen Lynch play so he might be amazing. But I think both Goff and Cook are going to be average at best. Goff can make all the throws but I think he's weak mentally. He seems to play his worst games in his teams biggest games. Not good. Cook I dont think is athletic enough. I also think its a huge red flag that he's a senior all american level QB and his own team doesnt even vote him as a captain.

I think the QB that i'm most intrigued by and that I would target if i were looking to add a qb is Trevone Boykin. He'll never be a dominant drop back passer, but he's one of those guys that can run around and make plays and have early success in the league. I actually would be intrigued to see him as a back up to Russell Wilson. He can also be had with probably a 3rd day draft pick so there's very little risk if he doesnt work out.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/pros ... gs/2016/QB

Rat

Reaction score
I'm still a believer in Christian Hackenberg. Carson Wentz sounds intriguing, although ive barely seen him play.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Trevone Boykin would fit the Seahawk offense extremely well. He's a taller version of Russell Wilson. Boykin had a bad game this past weekend but could be picked anywhere from 4th - 6th round. He'd be a decent guy to replace TJack as a backup to Wilson.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Cook's team mates don't like him. That and his rank average physical talent and overall college performance is concerning.

Teams will believe they can win with Paxton Lynch. Goff a bit overrated IMO, more likely to go in Teddy Bridgewater range not top five.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I thought this class had potential coming in, but wow has it dropped off a cliff. It is terrible.

kearly

Reaction score
Cook's arm is extremely impressive, but he stares lasers at his 1st read. He runs well. But the way he stares down reads, I think his best case scenario in the NFL is an Andy Dalton type result.

Jared Goff gets compared a lot to Matt Ryan and I think that's pretty fair. Get him some weapons and some protection and he'll put up nice numbers and win more games than he loses, but against tough teams he can be flustered into bad decisions.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't think this is a great year for QBs, it's probably average. But it's getting kind of old hearing how almost every QB class is terrible because it isn't 2012 or 2004 or 1983. If just one QB from this draft turns into a multiple pro-bowler, that makes it an a better QB class than most.

And since almost half the good QBs in the league these days seem to come out of left field, it means that any QB draft has the potential to be a good one in retrospect. Other than a handful of generational QB drafts, pre-draft analysis tends to only be the tip of the iceberg.