Updated College Football Playoff Rankings

Rat

Reaction score
Winning a close game against Indiana gets a surprising amount of respect from the committee.

ARhawk

Reaction score
1. I don't understand how Baylor isn't in over Notre Dame
2. Iowa is trash.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1t0hj4vz said:
Big 12 getting no respect again. These rankings are trash. Oklahoma State should be above Stanford, Iowa and Notre Dame at the very least. I could make a case for them above Ohio State, too.

Why? They really haven't played anyone.

Compare ND schedule with OklaSt and get back to us.

Go undefeated and you might get to #4.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DTexHawk":2r3fhg4h said:
peachesenregalia":2r3fhg4h said:
Big 12 getting no respect again. These rankings are trash. Oklahoma State should be above Stanford, Iowa and Notre Dame at the very least. I could make a case for them above Ohio State, too.

Why? They really haven't played anyone.

Compare ND schedule with OklaSt and get back to us.

Go undefeated and you might get to #4.

If they go undefeated they will be higher than #4. The basic premise of your argument is sound... OKState and the rest of the Big 12 front loaded their schedule with the softer teams.

Now they are all in the mix against each other. If they wind up beating each other as they did last season they will be left out again. But if OKState or Baylor run the table, one will get in.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Baylor, Oklahoma, Ohio State (but at least defending champs), and Okie State haven't played anyone.

That's why they are where they are.

Okie State does not have a better SOS than Iowa or Stanford according to:

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Rat

Reaction score
Maybe OK State should been more worried about Iowa State than Iowa.

Big 12 looks like trash today.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":ojypluha said:
SeatownJay":ojypluha said:
No's 6, 7, 9, & 10 all lose this week.

And YOUR Oklahoma State Cowboys keep rolling along, beating everyone in their way. Two easy home games against Baylor and the Goons to end the season and get into the playoff. We can beat any of the top 4 teams easily.

does "rolling" mean just getting by a bad team?

Assuming you beat baylor, your SOS just got weaker. Baylor just got exposed for what they are, a mediocre team that beats up on little guys.

This weakens the whole conference and is why they won't have a team in the final 4.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Michigan just kinda stays where they are. It has been a pleasant surprise this year. I was not expecting this kind of season at all. I really cannot wait until the recruits start playing but that could be another year or two. After that, the Wolverines are going to be beastly. You have to admire how Harbaugh is getting this group to play.
So, since the Hawks are kinda looking sub par this season, at least I have an up and coming college team to be excited for again. GoBlue!!!!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3k3bowqe said:
Oklahoma State are a nailed-on LOCK for the playoff at this point. Their SOS is far superior to Iowa, ND and Ohio State at this point, and wins over power-houses like ISU are only solidifying that position. Baylor and OU don't stand a chance.

OU will get in if they win out.

So would OSU.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I'm sensing the statements in this thread may be fed by some allegiance to certain schools...

DTexHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":30py0eti said:
Once again, YOUR Oklahoma State Cowboys continue to surge up the rankings. With victory against Baylor this weekend a foregone conclusion, you will see the Pokes move into the top 4 by next Tuesday. Ohio State will lose to either Michigan or MSU, but will beat Iowa, paving the way for YOUR Oklahoma State Cowboys to leap into the 3rd spot, maybe the second if Clemson falls to North Carolina.

It's a shame we couldn't have a bigger opponent than the OU Gooners for our final game of the regular season, otherwise we might have been able to claim the #1 spot in the rankings.

3rd string QB?????????????????

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Shakeup this week from the committee

1) Clemson
2) Bama
3) Oklahoma
4) Iowa

5) Michigan State
6) Notre Dame

7) Baylor
8.) Ohio State
9) Stanford
10) Michigan

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3mktij9a said:

1) Clemson
2) Bama
3) Oklahoma
4) Iowa

5) Michigan State
6) Notre Dame

7) Baylor
8.) Ohio State
9) Stanford
10) Michigan

I think in the end it will come down to Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma and either Michigan state or Stanford. If Stanford can handle Notre dame pretty convincingly I think they'll get a pretty big boost.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3a2ub75d said:
Hasselbeck":3a2ub75d said:

1) Clemson
2) Bama
3) Oklahoma
4) Iowa

5) Michigan State
6) Notre Dame

7) Baylor
8.) Ohio State
9) Stanford
10) Michigan

I think in the end it will come down to Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma and either Michigan state or Stanford. If Stanford can handle Notre dame pretty convincingly I think they'll get a pretty big boost.

There's no way Stanford leaps Michigan State if Michigan State wins the Big 10. First of all Michigan State has 1 less loss. Second of all.. the real obvious one.. Oregon beat Stanford while Michigan State beat Oregon.

Stanford's only shot at getting back into the conversation is pure chaos at this point. (i.e. Oklahoma State beating OU, TCU beating Baylor, Michigan beating Ohio State, UNC over Clemson in the ACCCG, Florida over Bama)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2meuaf1o said:
Hasselbeck":2meuaf1o said:
JSeahawks":2meuaf1o said:
Hasselbeck":2meuaf1o said:

1) Clemson
2) Bama
3) Oklahoma
4) Iowa

5) Michigan State
6) Notre Dame

7) Baylor
8.) Ohio State
9) Stanford
10) Michigan

There's no way Stanford leaps Michigan State if Michigan State wins the Big 10. First of all Michigan State has 1 less loss. Second of all.. the real obvious one.. Oregon beat Stanford while Michigan State beat Oregon.

Stanford's only shot at getting back into the conversation is pure chaos at this point. (i.e. Oklahoma State beating OU, TCU beating Baylor, Michigan beating Ohio State, UNC over Clemson in the ACCCG, Florida over Bama)

You don't reckon Ok State would get in over a two-loss Stanford at that point?

In that scenario of chaos, yeah I think Ok State would be in over Stanford.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3m311vci said:
Oklahoma State are a nailed-on LOCK for the playoff at this point. Their SOS is far superior to Iowa, ND and Ohio State at this point, and wins over power-houses like ISU are only solidifying that position. Baylor and OU don't stand a chance.

Does anyone else think Ohio State is one of the most over rated teams? Most of the teams they play are like practice games.