Who will win the Heisman & who do you think should win it?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I think Henry will win it though IMO it should be Christian McCaffrey. SEC bias combined with Pac-12 teams playing really late games in the Eastern Time Zone will cost him the trophy despite incredible total yardage numbers. I believe I saw a graphic where he has 1000 (one thousand!) more total yards than any other player in college football (Bowl Subdivision).

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":23le9erp said:
I think Henry will win it though IMO it should be Christian McCaffrey. SEC bias combined with Pac-12 teams playing really late games in the Eastern Time Zone will cost him the trophy despite incredible total yardage numbers. I believe I saw a graphic where he has 1000 (one thousand!) more total yards than any other player in college football (Bowl Subdivision).

Agreed. Henry will win because he is the media darling, but his numbers aren't that impressive when you consider the sheer number of carries he has.

McCaffrey, OTOH, has done everything. If he played for USC this wouldn't even be a discussion.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Agreed with both of you, it will be Henry but should be mccaffrey. I really hope Keenan Reynolds (navy qb) gets an invite.

I think it's funny that nick saban is always complaining about fast pace offenses being bad for player safety cuz of the number of plays run, but he has no problem giving his running back 80 carries over the last 2 weeks.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2o50ucq9 said:
Agreed with both of you, it will be Henry but should be mccaffrey. I really hope Keenan Reynolds (navy qb) gets an invite.

I think it's funny that nick saban is always complaining about fast pace offenses being bad for player safety cuz of the number of plays run, but he has no problem giving his running back 80 carries over the last 2 weeks.
Agree with you on Reynolds. Very good player and deserving to be there not just because he plays for Navy.
Also agree with you as it concerns Saban. He's an ass.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Henry will win and I have no problem with it. I get the case for the other two finalists as well.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The heisman is officially not going to the top player in college this year. Henry is a nice back, although I think his NFL future will be more Rashaan Salam or ceiling of LaGarrett Blount, rather than a great back, and McCaffery will have to go to New England if he's going to be anything More than a slot WR or a third down back.

IMHO the top player is obviously Ferrnette no question, I'm not an LSU fan, but he's a stud.