LSU OLB Deion Jones

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
For no reason in particular I seemed to watch LSU games this year as much as any other team. It always seemed like Deion "Debo" Jones stood out to me. He looks incredibly athletic and always seemed to be around the football (reminded me a lot of Leroy Hill but a little smaller and faster). For those of you with a better scouting eye than me, do you see the same thing? Would he be a consideration for the Hawks in the second round (I don't believe they'll be bringing back Irvin)?

McGruff

Reaction score
He's very different from Irvin, and that's not a bad thing. He doesn't show much as a pass rusher, but that could be more do to inexperience. He's only started one year as far as I can tell. But watching the games he's very fast, very fluid getting through traffic and is aggressive to the ball. I didnt see him in cpverage a lot, so that is a bit of a mustery. But everything is there athletivally and instinctually to make a good transition. He's a lot like KPL or Malcolm Smith. Which means he probably projects well in Seattle.

I don't see him going before the 3rd or 4th round because he's pretty limited to a WSLB and those players don't get valued highly, especially by seattle. He'd by an option I'd think in the 30th round for us.

OP
OP
I

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
McGruff":3gux15fy said:
He's very different from Irvin, and that's not a bad thing. He doesn't show much as a pass rusher, but that could be more do to inexperience. He's only started one year as far as I can tell. But watching the games he's very fast, very fluid getting through traffic and is aggressive to the ball. I didnt see him in cpverage a lot, so that is a bit of a mustery. But everything is there athletivally and instinctually to make a good transition. He's a lot like KPL or Malcolm Smith. Which means he probably projects well in Seattle.

I don't see him going before the 3rd or 4th round because he's pretty limited to a WSLB and those players don't get valued highly, especially by seattle. He'd by an option I'd think in the 30th round for us.

Thanks for the info McGruff. Although I must say I missed that the NFL was going to 30 rounds in the draft this year. Gonna make for a loooonnnnggggg third day of the draft! ;)

Latest posts