Alex Collins, RB Ark

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Watching the Kansas St vs Arkansas Bowl game and this guy really intrigues me. Anyone have some insight on him?

ARhawk

Reaction score
He reminds me a bit of Marshawn Lynch. He has incredible balance and vision, and has no trouble running over people. He doesn't have breakaway speed though. Probably runs around a 4.5- 4.6, which is decent but he's not going have that AP or Gurley speed/power combo. He's got nice burst through the hole but will get caught from behind in the NFL. I think he'd be a nice complement to Rawls.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I like him, but I don't see Marshawn Lynch with him.. I see more Chris Ivory than Lynch.. but you can definitely win with a Chris Ivory type player.

Couple things he will get knocked for .. he's had a bit of a fumbling issue in college and he's not a pass catcher out of the backfield. The latter may not be a huge deal .. but he's going to have to work on holding onto the football at the next level.

Still very intriguing player, I think he was the 3rd best RB in the SEC this year.. (Fournette and Chubb ahead of him) but wouldn't mind looking at him in the 3-4 round range.

ARhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3evqdw0c said:
I like him, but I don't see Marshawn Lynch with him.. I see more Chris Ivory than Lynch.. but you can definitely win with a Chris Ivory type player.

Couple things he will get knocked for .. he's had a bit of a fumbling issue in college and he's not a pass catcher out of the backfield. The latter may not be a huge deal .. but he's going to have to work on holding onto the football at the next level.

Still very intriguing player, I think he was the 3rd best RB in the SEC this year.. (Fournette and Chubb ahead of him) but wouldn't mind looking at him in the 3-4 round range.
I didn't mean that he is the next Lynch, just that they have similar strengths (vision, balance, power etc.) Collins cant cut like Lynch and runs more upright which is what makes him look like Ivory.
I've used the Ivory comparison a lot and that's what I expect Collins to be at the next level in the right system.
He doesn't catch ball very often, but his hands are fine so I dont think it's an issue, it's just not something he excels at.
He fumbled early in his career here but it hasn't been as much of a problem recently. He had one concerning one against Ole Miss on the 4th and 25 conversion where he was actually trying to lateral the ball because he didn't realize he already had the first down.

ARhawk

Reaction score
I don't know who's watching the game, but his 3rd touchdown shows the Lynch I see in him.