Treyvon Boykin and Vernon Adams

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'd like to see both of these guys on the Seahawks roster next year. Both would be ideal backups for Russell Wilson.

Boykin could probably had for a draft pick in the 4th to 6th round range and I think could step in and be a backup day 1. Yea, he just got into some legal trouble, but from all reports ive heard he's a pretty good dude.

Adams I think would be an undrafted free agent and could probably be stashed on the practice squad.

kearly

Reaction score
Boykin's arm leaves a lot to be desired for me, he's a very good touch passer but the question I'd need to have answered is if Boykin can throw a strike like a frozen rope when he needs to.

That said, Boykin's overall package of skills reminds me of Tyrod Taylor. Put him in the right system and he's a very effective QB.

I've been a huge fan of Vernon Adams for years. If Seattle spent a 3rd round pick on Adams you wouldn't hear a complaint out of me, I think he's the real deal.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":7f8kn6ck said:
I'd like to see both of these guys on the Seahawks roster next year. Both would be ideal backups for Russell Wilson.

Boykin could probably had for a draft pick in the 4th to 6th round range and I think could step in and be a backup day 1. Yea, he just got into some legal trouble, but from all reports ive heard he's a pretty good dude.

Adams I think would be an undrafted free agent and could probably be stashed on the practice squad.
Yeah I've liked Vernon Adams since he almost knocked off my dawgs last year when he played for EWU. Durability would be his biggest question mark IMHO.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
I'd add Vad Lee to this type of QB to target in late rounds or free agency, in fact Lee would top my list of QB prospects requiring little draft stock and the best match on the field and in a QB room with Russell. I'd be surprised if any went before the 6th round. Boykin was a fringe draft pick even before his assaulting an officer incident and may just be a camp arm for some team.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm a TCU fan, and because of that I'd like to see Boykin in our colors but I don't really think he's going to be a huge success in the NFL. I may have to eat those words one day, wouldn't be a first for me.
I also have concerns about his recent legal problems. I'm fairly certain that it was an isolated incident but you never know.
If we only had the two as our options , my heart says Boykin, my football brain says Adams.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Love the idea of Vernon Adams as Russ' backup. Perfect choice and it looks like he may be available in the 7th rd.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Adams is cited as being too small to be an effective NFL QB and because of that will most likely not get drafted. We might be able to give him a look as UFA.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Well, I think it was Mayock who jokingly renamed the East West Shrine Game today in St. Pete, FL "The Vernon Adams Bowl." He lit it up doing his best Russell Wilson impersonation... even wore #3. (Was that his number at Oregon? I don't know.)

Anyway, he may have just made himself a bit more relevant in the upcoming draft with today's performance. June Jones said that there's two types of QB's. Guys that get better throughout the course of a game and those who do not. Adams got that nod from June Jones today.

Adams has small hands, but looks like he proved today he can be a gamer.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3655cdgw said:

I dont like to pat myself on the back (yes i do), but nailed it 5 months ago.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drdiags":2ce1w0ad said:
JSea, you are a savant. Truly a man before his time. I salute you and bow to your wisdom.

Thank you sir, but you forgot incredibly handsome and funnier then pehawk

CPHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1s8bdw04 said:
JSeahawks":1s8bdw04 said:

Yeah I've liked Vernon Adams since he almost knocked off my dawgs last year when he played for EWU. Durability would be his biggest question mark IMHO.

I've said before how little I think of this draft class of qbs, in fact if you gave me a choice of any two qbs, not named Goff or Wentz, I'd take the two we got. The rest of the guys are crap, who will be lucky to play 5 years.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1rl3z1r0 said:
drdiags":1rl3z1r0 said:
JSea, you are a savant. Truly a man before his time. I salute you and bow to your wisdom.

Thank you sir, but you forgot incredibly handsome and funnier then pehawk
Humble...and proud of it!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Boykin signed as UDFa and Adams coming for a tryout at rookie minicamp. Prophetic thread.

Atradees

Reaction score
And we drafted TB's center...has to be related doesnt it?

I mean we cut Simms. We draft a center from TCU (with strange measurables hard to qualify) Pick up Trevone Boykins.

Was he a target?

hawknation2016

Reaction score
jammerhawk":m4pc15oq said:
Boykin signed as UDFa and Adams coming for a tryout at rookie minicamp. Prophetic thread.

Indeed. That's going to be an interesting battle during the rookie mini-camp.

[youtube]cSau0z9QDqU[/youtube]

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I'm not an expert but Treyvon seems to have a serious lack of arm strength. I guess thats why he went undrafted though. Definitely athletic, but I honestly think Vernon has much better arm talent.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I guess I will be the contrarian...but I honestly have no idea how someone can say Boykin's arm is worse than Adams, who has pretty poor arm strength (NFL scale)?

Definitely not saying anybody is wrong about who is "better" (I'd say Adams is the better QB), but I think Boykin clearly has more physical talent and a higher bet to succeed as an NFL backup. Hence, why Adams is a tryout player and Boykin got a hefty UDFA bonus. In the grand scheme this means nothing, but it's telling that nobody is willing to give VA anything more than a tryout.

To be honest, I really like both guys, but I'd put far more money on Boykin because quite frankly, I think Adams arm and frail build just can't make it in the NFL, no matter how much I liked him in college.

Just my opinion...please don't kill me for it.