2016 first mock draft

titan3131

Reaction score
Your score is: 6759 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 18 (IND): Adolphus Washington, DT/DE, Ohio State (A)
Round 2 Pick 27 (MINN): Jayron Kearse, SS, Clemson (A)
Round 2 Pick 32 (CAR): Kyle Murphy, OT, Stanford (B+)
Round 3 Pick 18 (IND): William Jackson III, CB, Houston (A)
Round 3 Pick 24: Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 27 (MINN): Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech (B)
Round 4 Pick 18 (IND): Kyler Fackrell, OLB/DE, Utah State (A)
Round 4 Pick 24: Ricky Seals-Jones, WR, Texas A&M (A)
Round 7 Pick 4: Joe Dahl, OG, Washington State (F)
Round 7 Pick 24: Tyler Marz, OT, Wisconsin (B+)

Once we get closer to the draft we can get alot better look at measurables and film but I hit all the needs I think outside of a nickel corner and a leo.

gmor

Reaction score
Your score is: 7206 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 24: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 27 (MINN): Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 24: Deion Jones, OLB, LSU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 24: Stacy Coley, WR, Miami (Fla.) (B+)
Round 4 Pick 27 (MINN): Scooby Wright, ILB, Arizona (A)
Round 5 Pick 25 (MINN): Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn (A)
Round 7 Pick 24: RJ Williamson, SS, Michigan State (D)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Nice drafts. Jayron Kearse could be the answer to the Seahawk TE coverage issues. Kareem Hunt in the 5th round is a steal. Adams is a good get in the 7th round.

Here's my latest -

Your score is: 8219 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 24: A'Shawn Robinson, DT/DE, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 29 (CINN): Jayron Kearse, SS, Clemson (A)
Round 3 Pick 24: Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama (A+)
Round 4 Pick 4 (DAL): Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio State (A)
Round 4 Pick 24: Brandon Shell, OT, South Carolina (A+)
Round 4 Pick 28 (N.E.): Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo (A)
Round 7 Pick 4: Travis Feeney, OLB, Washington (A)
Round 7 Pick 24: Taveze Calhoun, CB, Mississippi State (A+)

McGruff

Reaction score
My first go of the new draft season. Still trying to get to know a lot of players and see if they fit our scheme. Also trying to get an idea of round value for players. I did a couple of trades simply to approximate the picks we will eventually have after comps are added, but its hard to do. Each selection I made is a player I think the Hawks could seriously look at.

Round 1 Pick 26 (K.C.): Josh Doctson, WR, TCU (B) - Simply a value pick here for a player that is an upgrade from Kearse. The best jump ball receiver I've scouted so far.
Round 2 Pick 24: Noah Spence, OLB, Eastern Kentucky (A) - Trouble player who was booted from the big ten for an addiction to Ecstacy which he claims to have overcome. Great athlete and versatile player who fits the mold of Bruce Irvin.
Round 3 Pick 24: Sheldon Day, DT, Notre Dame (A-) - Probably one of the best interior rushers in the draft. Not quite at the Sheilden Richardson/Aaron Donald level, but he reminds me a bit of Kawaan Short.
Round 3 Pick 26 (K.C.): Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia (B-) - Probably a reach, but I really like this player for Seattle. His technique is a bit of a mess, but with good coaching he can excel in Seattle's scheme.
Round 4 Pick 26 (K.C.): Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech (A) - Good size and versatility as a pass catcher to grow into a Fred Jacksion type player.
Round 5 Pick 15 (DET): Tyler Johnstone, OT, Oregon (C+) - Athletically he's a LT and a high upside one at that, but had a long comeback from an ACL tear and didn't show as well this year as he should have. Kind of a Walter Thurmond pick . . . prior 1st round talent for a bargain price.
Round 5 Pick 28 (DET): Jerell Adams, TE, South Carolina (A+) - He's not the blocker fans clamor for, but he fits in well with our TE room as a seam stretching receiver with good length.
Round 7 Pick 4: Joe Dahl, OG, Washington State (F) - I think Cable will like Dahl's pitbull tenacity. I could see him transitioning to a center prospect.
Round 7 Pick 24: Trae Elston, SS, Ole Miss (D+) - Could be my favorite player in this draft, and if we can get him in the 7th it would be a gargain. He's more of a FS to me, but there isn't a defensive player I've seen this year that is as active, competitive and passionate as Elston. His build isn't Kams, but his heart is. Probably my favorite college safety I've seen since I fell in love with Kam leading up tio that draft class.

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
McGruff":2bsa9ipi said:
My first go of the new draft season. Still trying to get to know a lot of players and see if they fit our scheme. Also trying to get an idea of round value for players. I did a couple of trades simply to approximate the picks we will eventually have after comps are added, but its hard to do. Each selection I made is a player I think the Hawks could seriously look at.

Round 1 Pick 26 (K.C.): Josh Doctson, WR, TCU (B) - Simply a value pick here for a player that is an upgrade from Kearse. The best jump ball receiver I've scouted so far.
Round 2 Pick 24: Noah Spence, OLB, Eastern Kentucky (A) - Trouble player who was booted from the big ten for an addiction to Ecstacy which he claims to have overcome. Great athlete and versatile player who fits the mold of Bruce Irvin.
Round 3 Pick 24: Sheldon Day, DT, Notre Dame (A-) - Probably one of the best interior rushers in the draft. Not quite at the Sheilden Richardson/Aaron Donald level, but he reminds me a bit of Kawaan Short.
Round 3 Pick 26 (K.C.): Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia (B-) - Probably a reach, but I really like this player for Seattle. His technique is a bit of a mess, but with good coaching he can excel in Seattle's scheme.
Round 4 Pick 26 (K.C.): Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech (A) - Good size and versatility as a pass catcher to grow into a Fred Jacksion type player.
Round 5 Pick 15 (DET): Tyler Johnstone, OT, Oregon (C+) - Athletically he's a LT and a high upside one at that, but had a long comeback from an ACL tear and didn't show as well this year as he should have. Kind of a Walter Thurmond pick . . . prior 1st round talent for a bargain price.
Round 5 Pick 28 (DET): Jerell Adams, TE, South Carolina (A+) - He's not the blocker fans clamor for, but he fits in well with our TE room as a seam stretching receiver with good length.
Round 7 Pick 4: Joe Dahl, OG, Washington State (F) - I think Cable will like Dahl's pitbull tenacity. I could see him transitioning to a center prospect.
Round 7 Pick 24: Trae Elston, SS, Ole Miss (D+) - Could be my favorite player in this draft, and if we can get him in the 7th it would be a gargain. He's more of a FS to me, but there isn't a defensive player I've seen this year that is as active, competitive and passionate as Elston. His build isn't Kams, but his heart is. Probably my favorite college safety I've seen since I fell in love with Kam leading up tio that draft class.

I have appreciated your work from last year McGruff, and your first shot of this year does not disappoint!

pcbball12

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1kjw1431 said:
Jayron Kearse might be the most overrated 2016 NFL draft prospect possible.
Have to agree with English here. Kearse has all of the traits to be an absolute monster...physically he is a specimen. But, for a man his size playing that position, he almost looks like he doesn't enjoy contact that much. That is what makes Kam so special, he not only is a specimen, but he has been a dog since he was in college. That's not something you learn in my opinion. You will find a few big hits from Kearse, but from what I watched they were all on players with their back turned or blind side hits. He seems to avoid head on big collisions. Takes bad angles, tries to arm tackle guys. Will make a play here and there, and because of his size/athleticism i think people just become enamored with him. He is like a less physical Taylor Mays.

McGruff

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":e6uapx20 said:
Jayron Kearse might be the most overrated 2016 NFL draft prospect possible.

I think sometimes we fall into the trap of seeing "tall" and "big" at that position and we jump on the comparisons. But McCray isn't that big. Johnson wasn't all that big. Shead is big, but not as physical as Kam. I haven't had a chance to look at Kearse yet, but I look forward to seeing what he can do.

Hey, when you get a chance, take a look at Trae Elston and tell me what you think. I'm really interested in getting another set of eyes on him. He's more of a FS IMO (played deep middle for Ole Miss) and I haven't found any dedicated tape on him yet, but he popped to me while looking at Nmediche. There is film at draftbreakdown on his backfiled mate Tony Conner so you might check that out too.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
McGruff":1x45vqmd said:

As a duck fan I'm not sure I'd draft johnstone. His strength was his athleticism but I think he might have lost some of that with the injuries. He's not the strongest dude and has trouble keeping on weight. Great locker room and off te field dude though.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I wish the real draft was this easy.

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 11 (CHI): Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana (A-)
Round 2 Pick 26 (K.C.): Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 6 (BALT): KeiVarae Russell, CB, Notre Dame (B+)
Round 3 Pick 11 (CHI): Karl Joseph, SS, West Virginia (B+)
Round 3 Pick 24: Denver Kirkland, OT/OG, Arkansas (B-)
Round 4 Pick 6 (BALT): Eric Striker, OLB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 4 Pick 24: Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech (A)
Round 4 Pick 26 (K.C.): Charles Tapper, DE, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 5 Pick 22 (K.C.): Chris Jones, DT/DE, Mississippi State (A-)
Round 7 Pick 4: Donte Deayon, CB, Boise State (A)
Round 7 Pick 24: Chris Brown, WR, Notre Dame (A)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Here's my latest Seahawk mock draft -

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 26 (K.C.): Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA (A+)
Round 2 Pick 27 (MINN): Maliek Collins, DT, Nebraska (A)
Round 3 Pick 24: Jerald Hawkins, OT, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 26 (K.C.): Denver Kirkland, OT/OG, Arkansas (B)
Round 4 Pick 20 (NYJ): Kenyan Drake, RB, Alabama (A)
Round 4 Pick 24: Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 26 (K.C.): Sheldon Day, DT, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 5 Pick 18 (NYJ): Eric Murray, CB, Minnesota (A)
Round 7 Pick 4: Travis Feeney, OLB, Washington (A)
Round 7 Pick 24: Nelson Spruce, WR, Colorado (A+)

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Overseasfan":25c7hlzx said:
Some of these picks are pretty unrealistic. I really don't trust these mock draft simulators.

I don't either. But one thing they do provide, is some general perspective of where players possibly fit.

In particular, I think it does a decent job of generically slotting players that we may otherwise feel is a '3rd round pick' kind of player. Trying to forecast the 3rd through 5th round range can be very tough. Guys we just like and would think would be a smart pick in R3 compete with a whole slew of other prospects that others might covet instead. There are so many end of day two type prospects that filter through to mid day three. When we project where a guy could be a good pick is done in a vacuum of sorts.

The process does an ok job of putting these late round prospects into big picture perspective. The trade option thing is just not very accurate at all. But where guys might fall is at the very least intriguing.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Where are you guys getting all these picks? According to what I see, we have the following:
RD1 pick 26
RD2 pick 58
RD3 pick 90
RD4 pick 121
RD7 pick 193 (from Dallas)
RD7 pick 215

Do you guys have a simulator that allows you to trade picks? If you can post the link, that would be cool.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Here is my first mock draft:

RD1 pick 26: Germain Ifedi OT, Texas A&M -- A guy with a wide body who can play both G and T. Punishes defenders and shows skill in both run and pass blocking.

RD2 pick 58: Jayron Kearse SS, Clemson -- This guy is a great combination of size, speed and physicality. I'd like to move Kam Chancellor to OLB to replace Bruce Irvin and let this guy and Kelcie McCray battle it out for SS. Could also consider using him like Deone Bucanon if we keep Chancellor at SS.

RD3 pick 90: Josh Garnett G, Stanford -- hometown Puyallup boy! But seriously, I love the idea of getting one of those Stanford linemen that have done so well for that team. Would love to see him replace Britt or Sweezy. Hopefully one of the other OL prospects like Glowinski or Sokoli would be ready as well. Or if we keep Okung then maybe Ifedi could play one of the guard spots as well.

RD4 pick 121: Bralon Addison WR, Oregon -- I like our Wide Receivers, but I'd like to see someone else added to the mix that has the speed and movement to get separation at the NFL level. I think this guy may be that type. Scouts have compared him to Brandin Cooks and would love to see him added to the mix with Kearse, Baldwin and Lockett.

RD 7 pick 193: Vernon Adams JR QB, Oregon -- I think this guy is very Russell-like. He can run but can also make big time throws. He scared a lot of big time teams when he played at Eastern Washington and showed great skills at Oregon as well. I'd like to have us drop T-Jack and groom this guy as Russell's backup. With his athleticism, maybe he could be a versatile player like BJ Daniels and play a couple of positions in addition to QB.

RD 7 pick 215: Wendell Smallwood RB, West Virginia -- From his description he sounds a bit like a Tavon Austin WR/RB hybrid. While I wouldn't think he would start ahead of Rawls or Michael, he might be excellent in third down situations. Sounds like he has game-breaking ability and I'd like to add some more of that ability to the offense.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
xgeoff":gn323i5d said:
Where are you guys getting all these picks? According to what I see, we have the following:
RD1 pick 26
RD2 pick 58
RD3 pick 90
RD4 pick 121
RD7 pick 215

Do you guys have a simulator that allows you to trade picks? If you can post the link, that would be cool.

First-pick.com has a simulator that offers a billion trade ideas. Most are fairly unrealistic.

xgeoff

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2njwhvh9 said:
xgeoff":2njwhvh9 said:
RD1 pick 26
RD2 pick 58
RD3 pick 90
RD4 pick 121
RD7 pick 215

First-pick.com has a simulator that offers a billion trade ideas. Most are fairly unrealistic.

Got it, thanks! Yeah, wow, it's pretty easy to accumulate a boatload of picks in that simulator. They ought to tweak that algorithm a little bit, but the overall app is fun!

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
Round 2 Pick 6 (S.F.): Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana (B+)
Round 2 Pick 28 (K.C.): Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA (A+)
Round 3 Pick 5 (S.F.): Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn (B+)
Round 3 Pick 26: Kyler Fackrell, OLB/DE, Utah State (B)
Round 4 Pick 7 (S.F.): Paul Perkins, RB, UCLA (A-)
Round 4 Pick 26: De'Runnya Wilson, WR, Mississippi State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 28 (K.C.): Nile Lawrence-Stample, DT, Florida State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 24 (K.C.): Graham Glasgow, C, Michigan (F)
Round 7 Pick 4: Daryl Worley, CB, West Virginia (A)
Round 7 Pick 26: Javon Hargrave, DT, South Carolina State (A-)

I liked what aI got here. REally improved both lines of scrimmage depth and level of competition.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
As a "fun" thing to do, firstpick.com has some value. Their grades are very questionable as they are based on that sites opinions of rankings, which may or may not be very accurate, especially later round guys, (see Glasgow's grade above).

Also, at the end of each draft you do, there is only a handful (25-30 +/-) of players remaining available. Obviously, many players that may be of interest aren't included in their database at all. The upside is it gives us something fun to do pre-draft, but accuracy may be a little off.......