The DRAFT Thread

RussB

Reaction score
Been a great season. Starting 2-4 and then making the playoffs, Rawls showing what he can do along with lockett. Wilson absolutely balling second half. Cant wait to see what we do next season.

Who do you want to draft?

I think we need corners and O linemen. WR core is loaded no need for anymore receivers.

I think if we improve the o line we can be the #1 seed again. Whats the biggest need?

Crizilla

Reaction score
if there's a based olinemen at our first round pick, go with him, dont trade

but if we trade it i wouldnt mind that much knowing how well our drafting has been under schneider and carrol

BlueOne

Reaction score
OL, CB, DT.

O-line has been a problem as everyone knows and Okung and Sweezy are FAs now I believe. We need to do something here. (Glowinski is I hope part of that answer).

CB- Looked really good I think but unfortunately Shead and Lane are FAs. We need to keep at least one and probably draft one at least too.

DT- Run stopping was good. But Avril and Bennett had INSANE seasons on the outside this year and the reason their sack numbers are so low is because Bane/Rubin/Injured Hill got almost 0 pressure up the gut all year allowing QBs to push up.

I think all three of these areas are places this team can improve in a big way next year if we can manage to get the right players.

raisethe3

Reaction score
1st round - OL
2nd round - OL
3rd round - OL
4th round - CB (I don't think Lane is coming back)
5th round - DT
6th round - WR
7th round - Safety

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
raisethe3":15bghxdt said:
1st round - OL
2nd round - OL
3rd round - OL
5th round - DT
6th round - WR
7th round - Safety

Ayeeeee!! (Pirate voice) jk.

OL, DL, RB (insurance for Rawls), can we also draft an Offensive and Defensive Coordinator? Lol.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
I think we need to let Sweezy walk. Sweezy has cost us points in multiple playoff games now due to him allowing his assignment a free run at the quarterback.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
thebanjodude":38xbz2ng said:
I think we need to let Sweezy walk. Sweezy has cost us points in multiple playoff games now due to him allowing his assignment a free run at the quarterback.

Love the avatar.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
BlueOne":1gcculml said:
OL, CB, DT.

O-line has been a problem as everyone knows and Okung and Sweezy are FAs now I believe. We need to do something here. (Glowinski is I hope part of that answer).

CB- Looked really good I think but unfortunately Shead and Lane are FAs. We need to keep at least one and probably draft one at least too.

DT- Run stopping was good. But Avril and Bennett had INSANE seasons on the outside this year and the reason their sack numbers are so low is because Bane/Rubin/Injured Hill got almost 0 pressure up the gut all year allowing QBs to push up.

I think all three of these areas are places this team can improve in a big way next year if we can manage to get the right players.

Lotta truth!

The way the LOS was owned in the first half today should never happen.

And, I've been a Sweezy supporter, but come on...

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
raisethe3":1gvebbvg said:
1st round - OL
2nd round - OL
3rd round - OL
5th round - DT
6th round - WR
7th round - Safety

We don't have a 5th ot 6th round pick this year...have a high 7th and our regular 7th (26) Not sure how many COMP picks we get yet. Good chance we lose Irvin and Bennett wants more $$$. Like that Shaq Larsen ( Clemson)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
CDN_C_Hawk":39idcqa0 said:
raisethe3":39idcqa0 said:
1st round - OL
2nd round - OL
3rd round - OL
5th round - DT
6th round - WR
7th round - Safety

We don't have a 5th ot 6th round pick this year...have a high 7th and our regular 7th (26) Not sure how many COMP picks we get yet. Good chance we lose Irvin and Bennett wants more $$$. Like that Shaq Larsen ( Clemson)

Overthecap.com projects a 3rd, 5th, and 6th as compensatories.

1st round (26)
2nd round (54, one up because New England forfeited their First Rounder)
3rd round (89)
3rd round (around 96-100, likely compensatory for Maxwell)
4th round (around 120-25)
5th round (around 168-80, likely compensatory for Carpenter)
6th round (around 200-20, likely compensatory for Smith)
7th round (around 225-30)
7th round (around 240-50)

Largent80

Reaction score
On one play yesterday we had 3 OL blocking one guy while Russ was getting sacked.

If we don't draft OL then it's going to be going nowhere again. But drafting OL isn't going to solve the problem as most rookies struggle, we may have to go F.A.

Erebus

Reaction score
I don't trust the front office to draft the right offensive lineman. They have proven to suck at it. Their best o-lineman pick, Russell Okung, was an Alex Gibbs pick. James Carpenter was a reach and effectively a bust considering his draft position. John Moffitt was underwhelming before being traded. Justin Britt has just been terrible. I sincerely hope he doesn't make the team next year. The jury is still out on Poole and Glowinski, but their inability to crack a terrible starting five doesn't bode well.

Their inability to draft offensive linemen is even more perplexing considering their ability to hit home runs at almost every other position. They need to resign Okung (or trade for Joe Thomas) and sign Alex Mack. That is the most reliable way to get better, instead of hoping their luck suddenly changes in the draft.

CPHawk

Reaction score
College football no longer has OL, we can only draft crappy DL and make them OL. Did people not get the memo?

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
We probably need to replace Kam now. Or at least bring another safety in to learn for a year.

sutz

Reaction score
We have a whole forum for draft threads. Not all of us live for draft day. :34853_doh: