OT Germain Ifedi Highlights

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Wow . . . this guy is an impressive looking specimen. 6'5, 325 with long arms, agile feet, and a powerful build, not a lot of fat on him. Reminds me of Dallas LT Tyron Smith, who (like Ifedi) played RT in college for three years. Actually, he reminds me a little of our very own Russell Okung.

I see some sites projecting him in the Seahawks' range, toward the end of the First Round.

[youtube]OlHnptehjR0[/youtube]

[youtube]MOLj8K6e8Dk[/youtube]

If he fell to the Seahawks and they chose to draft him at #26, they could keep him at RT as a rookie, which is what Dallas did with Tyron Smith initially. Meanwhile, they could flip Gilliam to his more natural LT position. That gives us more power on the right side.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I like Ifedi, but he's also a prime candidate to rise up the boards late imo. Looks the part of a top 20 pick come draft day.

A&M's the tackle factory.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":7b60cuna said:
I like Ifedi, but he's also a prime candidate to rise up the boards late imo. Looks the part of a top 20 pick come draft day.

A&M's the tackle factory.

He would be their 4th First Round offensive tackle in four years.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Overseasfan":25fhq1qr said:
I'm not really sure he's the way to go here. I'm not really a big fan of his run blocking.

But can he pass block? That's by far our biggest issue.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
CPHawk":2r0chus1 said:
Overseasfan":2r0chus1 said:
I'm not really sure he's the way to go here. I'm not really a big fan of his run blocking.

But can he pass block? That's by far our biggest issue.

Right now, his run blocking is considered to be ahead of his pass blocking. Most consider him one of the better run blocking OTs in college football. Some knock him for a supposed lack of agility in pass pro, "choppy steps," and the tendency to be beaten by speed. That perception mostly emanates from the fact that he played RT for three years, like Tyron Smith.

His run blocking against Louisville in A&M's bowl loss was very impressive:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... the-blitz/

He was also named to PFF's All-Bowl team, despite allowing a sack, due to his run blocking:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... wl-season/

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
My notes on him aren't kind. I'll end up looking at him again. The main theme I hammered on the first pass on film is lack of finish. Effort seems limited to about 1-2 seconds. Awareness, effort and finish seemed horribly low.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I was really interested in this guy till I watched these highlights. He looks like garbage on so many plays! Jeez I can't believe that this level of blocking is considered 1st round material. Now I hope we steer clear of him.

kearly

Reaction score
Reminds me a lot of a lean James Carpenter. Good or bad, I could see him on Seattle's board for sure.

To the naked eye, he has a mid-1st round physique, I could see him rising with a good offseason.

With there being so much spread in the college game, it's getting very hard to evaluate OL purely from tape. Though I guess it helps that Seattle will be spread heavy themselves in 2016.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
draftbreakdown.com is a good source of full games. I haven't checked these ones, but they probably are from there. Dont recall which videos I watched, but there are a number of times he gets pushed back like he's on skates, but Im not upset with the pick. At least he's got a ton of tools already and that Cable can do his job making him the best he can be. Only thing that worries me is that he doesn't play with a meanstreak IMO. Hope to be wrong and that Ifedi beasts it up. Will wait and see.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Not sure what all the consternation is about Ifedi's somewhat raw in technique but clearly has first round talent.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1w7btmmz said:
Not sure what all the consternation is about Ifedi's somewhat raw in technique but clearly has first round talent.
Only because of his size and not because of his performance. Cable believes he can change what is wrong though so there is some hope.