Best websites to look at potential draft picks/players

original poster

Reaction score
Hi guys,

To keep me sane after yesterdays loss I am going to invest some time into researching the draft properly this year.

What good websites are there to look at stats/players/projected rounds/mock drafts etc etc?

Thanks in advance guys.

McGruff

Reaction score
Cbs is my go to baseline. Much respect for Rob Rang. Nfl is great after the combine.

But for me I love draftbreakdown.com. no rankings, just film. Lots of film. Use the rankings, and then do your own work from there.

cubbyhawkfan

Reaction score
If you're a twitter guy/gal theres a bunch of solid draft guys worth a follow:

Rob State:he runs the seahawks draft blog which is great
Lance Zierlein
CFB Film Study
Spot NFL Draft
Jared Stanger:another really solid Seahawks blogger who contributes via twitter and field gulls.com
Davis Hsu:Seahawks draft/cap guru/contributer on fieldgulls.com
Rob Rang:Seahawk guy who contributes on CBS sports page I believe

Theres a ton more solid draft analysts out there who contribute to various draft sites just gotta do a lil looking

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":2nizdf06 said:
Cbs is my go to baseline. Much respect for Rob Rang. Nfl is great after the combine.

But for me I love draftbreakdown.com. no rankings, just film. Lots of film. Use the rankings, and then do your own work from there.

+1

Especially draftbreakdown.com

You'll never be able to scout every player, but I enjoy really digging into a couple specific position group before the draft that I think the Hawks will be looking at drafting.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":9cy8lhn6 said:

Definitely a top resource. There is no substitute for seeing and forming your own opinion. And some advice: Don't deal in absolutes and always assume you don't know everything. Be prepared and willing to let your opinion evolve. And if at all possible, try to form your first opinions before you consume other opinions. You will find very quickly which sources fall very out of sorts with your own eye. There are definitely sources I trust more than others and I lean on those sources to review prospects or to take looks at guys that I missed or didn't have time to look at.

Know this: You can't look at everyone. So don't try to.

One thing I like to do, is to watch the earliest footage I have (my own and DBD). Try seeing what they do well and don't. Put down notes on file. Then watch the current year. See how prospects evolve using the notes you put down. It's useful to see how prospects improve -- which is important since they need to improve by leaps and bounds between May and September.

That approach helps me to see how hyped prospects based on prior year can be risky in the current year. Guys that just don't get better can raise red flags. Every draft has a lot of these kinds of guys that were penciled in as top 20 guys and end up being a 1st round bust or end up a late day 2 pick.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
cbssports.com = Frequently updated Rankings, prospect info, see players by position as well as overall, - keep in mind you can click on a HEADER - ie: player name - (to sort database alphabetically), or Height/weight/40-yd time, etc to arrange players by those factors. This, and drafttek.com are my go to rating sites.

cfbstats.com = A go to site for FBS stats on most players. Click HEADER for "players", select & click on a players "team", scroll down team site where players are listed alphabetically, click on player name & see 2015 stats, for previous years click HEADER for 2014, 2013, etc. ------->NOTE: This site gives you the ability to find player stats with just a few clicks, all you need is player name and team. Additionally on this site, you can click on HEADER "National", and you will see offensive & defensive player stats arranged by FBS National leaders. Great site, use it all the time.

mockdraftable.com = Post combine, complete info. by position & by year. The graphs that this site produces can go a long way toward understanding specific physical aspects for each player compared to all others at the same position. You can look at the specific metrics that the Seahawks desire, for example, just look at Frank Clark, Tyler Lockett's #'s and graphs from the 2015 draft, you'll see what the Seahawks saw pre-draft as I did, I had both on my 2015 Seahawk draft mock for good reason. This is an excellent site.

mattwaldmanrsp.com = In depth player analysis/tape review, updated approx. weekly. A lot can be learned about scouting from this site and Matt Waldman is a very good teacher. Be prepared to spend some hours here.

3sigmaathlete.com = Spark analysis is very useful when considering Seahawk draft picks. Post combine, there will be a lot of info on this site.

draftbreakdown.com = Many players with game tape available here, once a prospect of interest comes up, one of the obvious things to do is scout his tape. Also a name search on U-TUBE can also add game films for your viewing pleasure. If you need info on two or more players at a position, watching film is extremely valuable.

nationalfootballpost.com = general draft info with some player analysis and interesting articles.
thefootballeducator.com = general content, player evaluations, scouting tips, etc.
nfldraftdays.com = general content, with rankings, mocks and info. helpful in player evaluations.
draftinsider.net = general content, with rankings, mocks and info. helpful in player evaluations.
firstroundgrade.com = general content, with rankings, mocks and info. helpful in player evaluations.
.....and many more.....

titan3131

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2zy6v6j8 said:
http://www.seahawksdraftblog.com

The only one you need 8)

Rob is satiating my seahawks draft hunger daily. I endorse his site as the best!

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'll second Rob's site. Absolutely incredible resource for Seahawks fans.

Latest posts