So how do the Hawks use their first round pick?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Cuz we know they aren't actually drafting somebody with it. I like the idea of trading back for a second and another pick, but the possibility of Joe Thomas is intriguing.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
HawkGA":1e09k7ak said:
Cuz we know they aren't actually drafting somebody with it. I like the idea of trading back for a second and another pick, but the possibility of Joe Thomas is intriguing.
I always like the idea of trading back, preferably into the top of the 2nd round. But, I'd like to see Schneider get better trade value than he typically does to move back, otherwise probably take a player the team needs with the (what 26th?) pick. There are some good candidates in that range that could help the team. But, I think there are players that could fit well in the high 2nd perhaps just as well. There's a couple of special players that if they are available at the Hawks pick in the first round, I'd probably take them and not risk trading back hoping they'll still be there.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":1fwk3m9u said:

If anything has been established, it's that nobody really knows what Seattle will do with their first pick. The Harvin/Graham trades came out of nowhere. While we've definitely established a strong record of trading back -- recent history has shown that Seattle will trade up. And in terms of concept, I'd consider both the Harvin and Graham trades as moving up not moving back.

I wouldn't hazard a guess at this point. Consider that their most aggressive move up in terms of just draft picks has netted them their best player in the draft in years. That isn't going to be lost on PCJS.