Several Mocks Have Us Taking E. Elliott

Ozzy

Reaction score
I can't see it with this team going to a heavier pass oriented approach but I would be excited to watch a rawls/Elliott backfield.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
If you're not planning on starting Elliott it'd be a waste of a first round pick. I can't poasibly see this guy come in and outlerform Rawls.

Just pick the BPA out of OT, DT, CB and OLB.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I see your reasoning but it wouldn't surprise me if they took him. If they deem him as special or far and away the best player on the board they will take him. I don't think he ends up in Seattle

kjreid

Reaction score
he would be 3rd string behind ML and Rawls. not a good pick unless we get him in the 4th

Hawks46

Reaction score
austinslater25":sntczj7x said:
I see your reasoning but it wouldn't surprise me if they took him. If they deem him as special or far and away the best player on the board they will take him. I don't think he ends up in Seattle

The kid would have to be a generational talent for us to pick a RB in the 1st, and I don't see that happening now that Rawls has emerged.

The FO liked Gurley last year and there were whispers that we could draft him because we really wanted to replace Lynch. The problem is, it looks like we replaced Lynch with a UDFA. I can't see any situation where the FO drafts a RB after that. There's just no way to see the value there when it's possible we could get an elite 3 tech DT or a very good OT.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kjreid":28r4y2l5 said:
he would be 3rd string behind ML and Rawls. not a good pick unless we get him in the 4th

:lol:

1) Lynch isn't coming back in 2016
2) There's literally no way Zeke falls to the 4th
3) While I really don't see us taking a RB at 26, if he's a Top 10 player on the Seahawks board and he falls to them and the other players on the board don't merit the 26th overall pick.. I mean it's not impossible to happen.

But realistically, no, Zeke Elliott will not be a Seahawk but its not for the reasons you listed.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hasselbeck you summed up my thoughts in a much better fashion which is nothing new lol.

It's not realistic but its possible. IF they did it I would trust that they did it for a reason and have a plan in place to help the team in a dramatic fashion.

kjreid

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":zle5zoqe said:
kjreid":zle5zoqe said:

3) While I really don't see us taking a RB at 26, if he's a Top 10 player on the Seahawks board and he falls to them and the other players on the board don't merit the 26th overall pick.. I mean it's not impossible to happen.

But realistically, no, Zeke Elliott will not be a Seahawk but its not for the reasons you listed.

you are right, I was being a little sarcastic on what I wrote because I really don't believe that Elliott will be there at 26, nor do I think Seattle will be looking for a RB in the 1st round (if they moved up it is not to take a RB). having said that I believe that Elliott is the best running back in the draft, not only because of his speed, ability to catch the ball and that he only wants to run north and South but watching him block as a back is really awesome. he has got to be one of the best blocking backs in college (including any quasi fullbacks that are used just to block).

OP
OP
C

chet380

Reaction score
Draft Day 2016; Seahawks turn to choose -- take an elite, possibly-generational RB or a non-elite,but functional, OT, CB, DT or trade down? Not an easy decision.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kjreid":14h2a0ox said:
Hasselbeck":14h2a0ox said:
kjreid":14h2a0ox said:

you are right, I was being a little sarcastic on what I wrote because I really don't believe that Elliott will be there at 26, nor do I think Seattle will be looking for a RB in the 1st round (if they moved up it is not to take a RB). having said that I believe that Elliott is the best running back in the draft, not only because of his speed, ability to catch the ball and that he only wants to run north and South but watching him block as a back is really awesome. he has got to be one of the best blocking backs in college (including any quasi fullbacks that are used just to block).

Agreed.. I like Zeke a lot, and if Rawls didn't emerge then I'd be hoping he'd fall to 26.. but really I hope we go with a vet and C-Mike to back up Rawls in 2016 and draft a RB in 2017 when the class is (to take a page out of Peaches book)

L O A D E D

It's like the 2014 WR class, only for RB's. That's when we should draft someone. 2016 needs to be all about the OL and restoring depth on defense.

CPHawk

Reaction score
kjreid":6dn4eezx said:

Yeah, and his brother is going to be in the NFL also.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
This season showed that you don't need a highly touted draft pick to have a good RB. So many RBs got hurt and their no name backups came in a played great. No on the first round RB.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I see us drafting a running back but it would be to replace Fred Jackson not Rawls. I love Kenneth Dixon from Lousiana Tech. He reminds me of Golden Tate only with a bigger build. I seriously think he could succeed at WR in the NFL if he wanted to.
Great hands and elusive in the open field with good burst. Big play miking ability and with they way Wilson( and Bevel) was starting to make the running back a part of the offense on third down this year I could see him being an immediate impact player here. I also could easily see him being split out wide in our spread formations too.
I think we should be able to nab him with our third round comp pick.
Please please Pete and John make it happen! :3:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":16wbj9gm said:
This season showed that you don't need a highly touted draft pick to have a good RB. So many RBs got hurt and their no name backups came in a played great. No on the first round RB.

Only time I would EVER take a first round RB now is if it is a cant miss, HOF type RB like AP was. I think RB might be the least important position on the entire offense now with how the NFL has evolved. Or at the very least a very easy position to get a player that is good enough to play and plug into your offense. Rawls was 16th in the league in rushing yards as an undrafted free agent and he only got meaninful carries in 7 or so games. If he had finished out the year he would of been a top 5 rusher this year, possibly #3 beating out Gurley

Honestly right now in the NFL it seems like your first round pick should be in the following positions and sort of extends to the 2nd round as well as there are sometimes alot of depth at one position that what would be a first rounder falls.

#1- QB - Seahawks are good here and this is BY FAR the most important position in the NFL and not many good QBs come after the first round. Wilson, Brady and Romo are by far rare compared to how many QBs are drafted past the 1st round that turn out good

#2- DT- I think interior pressure is slightly more important than pressure from the edges. We have seen first hand what pressure up the middle can do to our own offense. It shuts down both running and passing the ball. Even with a mobile QB fast pressure up the middle is usually a negative play.

#3- DE- See above- Pressure on QBs can bring even the most elite offense to its knees. See Brady this past weekend or are SB winning defense.

#4 LT- Protect your QBs blindside and neutralize that pressure

#5 LB- an elite LB is key to a good defense. Multiple examples here but usually one of the most important pieces of a defense

I truly believe those 5 positions should be first round pick material. There are exceptions obviously but I think those positions have the most impact. Im starting to devalue LT more and more though. Seems like alot are drafted every year in the first and only a few turn out actually good. Although if they are able to move to another position and be at least average it seems a fairly safe pick though. Not even to mention interior pressure from the C or G spot seems to be just as important to protect.

I think drafting a WR is pointless in the first round. How many ELITE WRs ever actually win just one superbowl. Even Moss didnt win one championship. Its a flashy pick but usually doesnt result in much. Usually you can find servicable WRs past the first round and win. It seems more and more the only thing you really need to draft on offense is the Oline and the QB. TE, WR and RB there are alot of guys who can do well in your system. Just look at our own team for prove of that. I think unless you are drafting Oline or QB for offense in the first round you should just go defense and you would probably be better off.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Perkins out of UCLA is another possible add. I really hope we get a dynamic third down type back.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Overlooked in my opinion is that by drafting a guy you feel is going to be good, you at least take him away from the other teams in the league for a little while.

Best offense is a good defense.

Imagine if Carolina grabbed him and then they had him, cam, benjamin, olsen. With stewart coming in fresh every now and again.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":13a87cad said:
Agreed.. I like Zeke a lot, and if Rawls didn't emerge then I'd be hoping he'd fall to 26.. but really I hope we go with a vet and C-Mike to back up Rawls in 2016 and draft a RB in 2017 when the class is (to take a page out of Peaches book)

L O A D E D B O Y S

It's like the 2014 WR class, only for RB's. That's when we should draft someone. 2016 needs to be all about the OL and restoring depth on defense.

F I F Y B O Y S

massari

Reaction score
I'm guessing some people mocking Elliot to the Seahawks don't know Rawls is a #1?

Instead of drafting a RB early, I'm sort of hoping they can sign a free agent 3rd down guy like Bobby Rainey, Lance Dunbar(if healthy), Knowshon Moreno(if healthy) ect for the vet minimum or around 1M, unless they feel the RB is by far the BPA left in the draft. Use that early/mid pick on another position.

Rawls, Michael, Free Agent and a late pick or UDFA would be nice to have going into the pre season.

Erebus

Reaction score
When Schneider was on the radio last week he mentioned wanting to go BPA. I'm paraphrasing, but he said if you draft for need and pass up on a superior talent and your draft pick flops, you've now got two problems: the hole in the roster that the bad draft pick should've filled, and not having that star player you passed on. Remember in 2013 he drafted Christine Michael with our first pick (albeit in the 2nd round) because he was the top player on their board, even though we didn't need him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him draft Elliott, but I'm really hoping for a LT or disruptive DT in the first round.