Really like this guy: Sebastian Tretola Arkansas G 6'5" 334#

ivotuk

Reaction score
HE's a Senior (will be in the Senior Bowl)

"Junior (2014)
Appeared in all 13 games and started 11 at left guard … Launched a Heisman Trophy campaign after throwing a touchdown pass on a fake field goal … Saw action in over 690 snaps, allowing no sacks and was only penalized four times … Averaged an offensive grade of 79 percent, tied for second-best on the team … Blocked for RBs Alex Collins and Jonathan Williams, who were the only FBS teammates to each rush for 1,000-plus yards in the 2014 season … Helped protect QB Brandon Allen as the offensive line led the SEC with 14 sacks allowed … vs. Nicholls (Sept. 6): Earned a season-high 95 percent offensive line grade … vs. Texas Tech (Sept. 13): Collected a season-high seven knockdown blocks with a grade of 90 percent as the Razorbacks gained more than 400 yards on the ground in the non-conference road win … vs. UAB (Oct. 25): Caught the college football world’s attention when he tossed a touchdown pass to Arkansas’ long snapper on a fake field goal … vs. No. 20 LSU (Nov. 15): Tied for a season-high seven knockdowns and graded out at 82 percent in the shutout over the Tigers … vs. No. 8 Ole Miss (Nov. 22): Registered five knockdown blocks in the Razorbacks’ second consecutive shutout over a ranked opponent."

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roste ... n-tretola/

And he can backup Russell Wilson

[youtube]NcMCHTl4WE0[/youtube]

titan3131

Reaction score
I believe brock mentioned this guy on 710, said that brett bielema said this was his best lineman he had ever coached. And one of the nastiest (seahawky) being a great fit for the hawks.

McGruff

Reaction score
Man, he's got short arms. 30 inches for a lineman is quite a handicap. Might not even be on our board.

But then you watch him play and he's a street fighter. he's a bull in a box and pretty good in pass protection as well.

McGruff

Reaction score
I'm still watching him and two things stand out.

First, as a run blocker he locks onto his man and doesn't let go. I don't know how that transitions to a zone blocking scheme, but he renders defenders useless against the run.

Secondly, I can't recall ever seeing a guard, especially one this big, mirror pass urshers in pass protection as good as Tretola. He pass blocks like an elite left tackle.

But those arms . . . .

xgeoff

Reaction score
McGruff":1l1zumz3 said:
Man, he's got short arms. 30 inches for a lineman is quite a handicap. Might not even be on our board.

But then you watch him play and he's a street fighter. he's a bull in a box and pretty good in pass protection as well.

The whole notion that the NFL is placing on 'measurables' like length of arms and such is just plain stupid. This is one of the reasons that Russ Wilson fell to the 3rd round. There is no correlation between arm length and effectiveness. None.

You know what there is evidence of?

There is a correlation between past performance in College and future performance in the NFL:

https://t.co/sKRc7wdkZV

cheese22

Reaction score
I'd love to see Tretola and Kirkland on our team. I've watched both quite a bit and like them more every time I see them. Huge, strong and nasty. Three things we could use more of. It doesn't solve our line problems but I would enjoy watching these two battle every week.

McGruff

Reaction score
ivotuk":1gi8dvzq said:
LOL!

[youtube]1Z3Epzae5QI[/youtube]

One stone. Two birds. Replace Britt at LG and Jackson at QB.

I'd love to see him run the read option keeper.