Rob Rang (Tuesday) "Schneider in Mobile"

ivotuk

Reaction score
"MOBILE, Ala. -- The life-blood of any NFL team is the draft and given the success John Schneider and his staff have enjoyed, the Seattle Seahawks know that better than most.

Seattle has enjoyed remarkable success with Senior Bowl prospects, plucking the likes of Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman and Bobby Wagner after each starred at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in the sleepy southern town of Mobile.

Schneider and his scouting staff are back in Mobile this week for the latest Senior Bowl, with SeahawkFootball.com on hand, as well.

Tuesday served as the kickoff to the annual college football all-star with the South and North team weigh-ins taking place first before practices began.

After taking in all of the minutia of heights, weights, hand width, arm lengths and wingspans, we actually got to watch a little bit of football.

Here are some quick notes on some standouts who would seem to be particularly good fits at positions of need for the Seahawks."

http://www.scout.com/nfl/seahawks/story ... enior-bowl

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Some good analysis although I still find it painful every time we're linked to Le'Raven Clark. He's big and has huge reach but he is not a player. If we draft him he'll be Britt 2.0 Looks the part but has nothing to show for it on the field.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1pkyl74n said:
Some good analysis although I still find it painful every time we're linked to Le'Raven Clark. He's big and has huge reach but he is not a player. If we draft him he'll be Britt 2.0 Looks the part but has nothing to show for it on the field.

I don't know much about him, but I get the impression he's "just a guy."

cheese22

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3fbbqv32 said:
Totally agree. Watching his film, he gets beat by speed rushers as well bull rush. The man he's blocking seems to make a lot of plays.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
His projected draft stock is a bit off right now. Because of his amazing measurables he jumped from about the 7th to 4th round (with some experts even having him going in the first two rounds). This occurred at the senior bowl weigh in.

Thoigh what the experts fail to see is that many teams took him off their boards later that same day. He's been the second worst Offensive linemen there during practices (only second to Beavers who somehow also got linked to us in some mock drafts). He got beat on nearly every play. He's a true turnstile.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3uhaxf7t said:
His projected draft stock is a bit off right now. Because of his amazing measurables he jumped from about the 7th to 4th round (with some experts even having him going in the first two rounds). This occurred at the senior bowl weigh in.

Thoigh what the experts fail to see is that many teams took him off their boards later that same day. He's been the second worst Offensive linemen there during practices (only second to Beavers who somehow also got linked to us in some mock drafts). He got beat on nearly every play. He's a true turnstile.

He'd be a fit with the current OL then. Since they are already turnstiles. Clark would be a big reach before the 4th round. Hopefully the Seahawks FO has learned from Britt, not to reach for players.

Fade

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2825u2ee said:
Overseasfan":2825u2ee said:

He'd be a fit with the current OL then. Since they are already turnstiles. Clark would be a big reach before the 4th round. Hopefully the Seahawks FO has learned from Britt, not to reach for players.

I don't think Cable will ever learn. After watching Cable evaluate, and pick O-Lineman. Drawing names randomly out of a hat would produce better results.

What concerns me even more is it seems he has trouble evaluating lineman on his own roster. Playing Nowak over Lewis. After Glow started 1 game it was painfully obvious he should of been starting over Britt.

I'm rooting hard Cable gets it right this time, but in the end his track record in evaluation speaks for itself. He is a hell of a cook, he just shouldn't shop for the groceries.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Fade":17o7joa3 said:
hawkfan68":17o7joa3 said:
Overseasfan":17o7joa3 said:

I don't think Cable will ever learn. After watching Cable evaluate, and pick O-Lineman. Drawing names randomly out of a hat would produce better results.

What concerns me even more is it seems he has trouble evaluating lineman on his own roster. Playing Nowak over Lewis. After Glow started 1 game it was painfully obvious he should of been starting over Britt.

I'm rooting hard Cable gets it right this time, but in the end his track record in evaluation speaks for itself. He is a hell of a cook, he just shouldn't shop for the groceries.
Is he a helluva of a cook?

In all his years in the NFL he has never put together a good offensive line.

ZERO!

If a player never has a good season, no one will say he is good.
If a GM never has a good offseason, no one will say he is good.

So why is it that an offensive line coach (and former HC) who has never put together a good OL is always talked about as being a good OL coach?

People should at least wait until someone has put together ONE good OL before they proclaim the OL coach as good.

Tom Cable is the Charlie Whitehurst of OL coaches; he's only good for holding the clipboard.