WR Sterling Shephard

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Was just looking around at some draft prospects and Senior bowl news and this guy stood out as having a great practice this week.

Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma
Height: 5-10. Weight: 195.
Projected 40 Time: 4.42.
Projected Round (2015): 3-5.
from http://walterfootball.com/draft2016WR.p ... H7ZSXhr.99

Has anyone else had an eye on this guy. He said he contacted Lockett about the Senior Bowl in his q and a below
From http://www.seniorbowl.com/news-highligh ... p?news=463
Sterling Shepard (Oklahoma)

Q: What are your thoughts on NFL coaches now that you’ve had a week with them?
A: It’s been fun. It’s been hectic at times when I first got in having to deal with all the scouts and trying to learn the playbook on top of that, but it comes pretty natural to me. Football is football and I got the plays down pretty smooth since the beginning.

Q: Is there anything in particular you wanted to showcase this week?
A: I wanted to show I could get off of press coverage and play on the outside and I feel like some people think I can’t go outside in the NFL. I think I can as well as playing on the inside.

Q: Has this week been what you expected it to be?
A: It’s been about what I expected it to be. I got a chance to talk to Tyler Lockett before I got here and pick his brain and find out what events we would be doing. I got a pretty good idea from him and it’s been pretty smooth since I’ve been here.

This guy seems to be similar to Diggs and Lockett from last year. Do you think we would take a chance at this guy and have shorter WRs that have great route running in Baldwin, Lockett, and Shepard. I hope Pete and John are taking a look at this guy if they can get him with a 3rd round or later pick. He seems to be exactly the type of WR we love

two dog

Reaction score
I don't have the scouting cred of some of the people here but I agree with you.
I have watched him play for Oklahoma for a couple of years now and have been impressed.

The size makes me pause though. Duplicating the receivers we have now makes me fear
there may be situations where we will want a little bigger guy. Braxton Miller comes to mind.

That said, Sterling Shephard is a hell of a hell of a player. If he's the guy I'm thinking of, he
also has a great back story and high character. Basing that on a TV feature spotlighting him
on a game broadcast a couple of years ago.

penihawk

Reaction score
Shepard is just like Lockett and Diggs last year. Huge college production and everyone pigeon holed them into special teams/part time inside receivers due to size. I'm pretty sure the rest of the league sat up and took notice last year.

I think he is gonna be a very good pro. Great ball skills/hands catcher,route runner and is dangerous after the catch. I would think he was among the leaders in YAC. He plays bigger than his height,much like Lockette & Baldwin, so I wouldn't let that keep us from taking him if he fell to the right spot to do so even tho I doubt that happens.