I just had an interesting idea.

cheese22

Reaction score
At least, I think it's interesting. What about using Braxton Miller not only as a wideout, but as our primary third down back? He came out of the backfield quite a bit at OSU so it wouldn't mean teaching him a new position. He also ran the ball too and was very successful as a running back. Thoughts?

Ozzy

Reaction score
He seems like the type of pick the seahawks make. A guy who tilts the field and has a couple of unique qualities that are hard to find picking late in the round.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I'd like it although his draft stock is on the rise. Currently a 3rd to 4th round should be enough but I'm afraid he's going to rise up to the early third or late second.

penihawk

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3p3k7p0f said:
I'd like it although his draft stock is on the rise. Currently a 3rd to 4th round should be enough but I'm afraid he's going to rise up to the early third or late second.

:13:

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I've already mentioned this in another thread, but I personally wouldn't mind spending a 2nd round pick on him. I love the versatility he brings to the table. Wildcat, trick plays, mismatches out of the backfield; while I know a lot of that especially the wildcat won't be used here (you never know though) the possibilities are immense.

sutz

Reaction score
In addition to what was posted above, Pete loves guys that can do more than one thing.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Lots of people are saying he's a borderline 1st rd pick now and I just don't see us going that high on him.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
City Of Reign":2mmttoeh said:
I've already mentioned this in another thread, but I personally wouldn't mind spending a 2nd round pick on him. I love the versatility he brings to the table. Wildcat, trick plays, mismatches out of the backfield; while I know a lot of that especially the wildcat won't be used here (you never know though) the possibilities are immense.
We see how Bevall spasms when he has a gadget player-no thanks

Fade

Reaction score
He is definitely Seahawky, but the Seahawks need to draft for the trenches with their early picks. I will be shocked if Seattle's first 2 selections aren't O-Line & D-Line.

Conveniently this draft is stacked at the O-Line & D-Line positions.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
2 threads on Braxton freaking Miller??TP2 are you kidding me?

firebee

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1tkai13a said:
City Of Reign":1tkai13a said:

My thoughts exactly... With Bevell as OC, I want to stay as far away from gadget players or one dimensional offensive players as possible. Anytime he gets one of these type of players, he totally bungles the offense up in an attempt to try getting the ball in these players hands; Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham are perfect examples. Totally alters his playcalling and drifts from how the offense is supposed to run in order to get his new toy the ball. Just stick with drafting good solid fundamental players that can do everything required of their position. The more Bevell's forced into calling plays for the offense vs. calling plays to get a player the ball; the better off Bevell and our offense will be.

Hawks46

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1q5bblom said:
City Of Reign":1q5bblom said:

What are you talking about ? You telling us you've never seen Syndey Rice or Golden Tate throw a football ? Never seen Lynch throw it back to Russ ? Bevell has unleashed tons of trick plays. He just hasn't done much lately.

I'd also say the trick plays we've tried have worked well a good percentage of the time. Now Holmgren, if he did run trick plays, was miserable at it.