I want Braxton Miller

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I don't care how it happens, I want this kid to be a Seahawk for a long time. Reminds me so much of the Anquan Boldin switch from QB to WR and we've seen what Boldin has done over the duration of his career.

[youtube]hOXd9tWYuiI[/youtube]

titan3131

Reaction score
Idk recievers are really weak this draft I think nthere will quality options that last till 4-5 range.

This is a LINEMEN draft for sure.

kearly

Reaction score
I'll pass. He bobbles a lot of catches, stumbles a lot, and would probably need years to learn route running. And this is assuming he has any innate talent for playing WR, which he hasn't shown yet (and Boldin showed right away). I get the appeal - he's a playmaker - but this guy has all the tell tale signs of being fool's gold. Watching him play WR is like watching a less talented version of Cordarelle Patterson. Anyone that takes him before day three is smoking crack, IMO.

I think Seattle is actually set up pretty nicely at WR anyway. Even if they lose Kearse and Lockette retires, the team still has Baldwin-Lockette-Richardson-Smith-Williams. I'm just guessing, but my gut feel is that Kearse's market is pretty soft and that he'll have more value to the Seahawks than other teams, so I think we'll see him back. That would give Seattle a very good six receiver group. Anybody Seattle does draft will be fighting for a 6th spot, which means that it probably won't be a high pick.

Don't get me wrong, I could totally see Miller as a Seahawk. He fits the MO. But I would be very surprised if they took Miller before the 5th round.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
He's definitely one of my draft crushes this year.

If we don't land him I also think Bralon Addison would be a great late round pick. He'll never be the stud #1 receiver, but he could kill it in the slot in a spread style passing attack.

kearly

Reaction score
Has anybody done better with UDFA WRs than Seattle? Baldwin and Kearse's success, as well as Smith, Williams, and Lockette making the roster, acts as a hell of a selling point to UDFA wideouts. I expect Seattle to "ignore" WR in the draft this year then try to use UDFA to their advantage to add competition.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm sorry but Kasen Williams and Kevin Smith do nothing for me. Maybe they wind up being okay WR's, but they feel very JAG like .. similar to Kevin Norwood, Matthews, and everyone before them. I agree that we probably have bigger needs than WR, but Braxton is going to be special. I'd be stoked if we got him in Round 2.

pugs1

Reaction score
I like Miller also but think the Seahawks have other priorities in the draft. My WR crush is Michael Thomas from Southern Miss. 6'1" with go-go gadget arms and he has fly paper hands.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
He's alright but I don't really see the same talent as I see in Richardson and Lockett. imo not worth to spend a 2nd or 3rd rounder on.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I'm back and forth. For certain, he's got big time potential. He looks the part if you just watch him run, etc. But, not sure how he's going to hold up against quality NFL competition. He's the kind of prospect you hate to miss out on, but one you also hate to miss on / a valuable draft pick that might be better used on a better prospect at any position.

I sorta think that the Hawks wont value him as high as some other teams may and will stay true to their board with Braxton Miller. Perhaps worthwhile if they trade down and draft Miller like they did with Richardson (but hopefully not as high as the 2nd round.) With what is presently observed of Miller, I can't imagine the Hawks are exactly enamored with him. But, we'll see how he does at the Combine and his Pro day.

CPHawk

Reaction score
He's a less refined Chris Harper, who was also a qb at one time. Although not a very good one.

penihawk

Reaction score
He didnt show any part of whats on the highlight tape in the Sr. Bowl but they said he had a good week. His combine numbers and performance in the drills may decide how high someone takes a shot at a raw athlete. I don't see him that high on the list of "must have players" the Hawks always seem to have in the first 3 rds. If he falls into day 3 then you never know.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think he shoots way up draft boards and goes in the second. I need to watch some game tape but he looks like a unique talent for sure. Hasselbeck might not be all that far off.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
CPHawk":132jikpg said:
He's a less refined Chris Harper, who was also a qb at one time. Although not a very good one.

Could not disagree more.

More recent comparison I'd say he's much closer to a Randall Cobb than Chris Harper.

He had a shaky Senior Bowl, but I still love the guys talent and future. Hopefully free agency addresses some needs so we can look at value picks like a Braxton Miller or elsewhere. Especially as this offense moves to be more pass-oriented. I know WR isn't a "glaring" need .. but if Kearse leaves in FA .. it's going to become one pretty quickly.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":sshg4tb5 said:
CPHawk":sshg4tb5 said:

Could not disagree more.

More recent comparison I'd say he's much closer to a Randall Cobb than Chris Harper.

He had a shaky Senior Bowl, but I still love the guys talent and future. Hopefully free agency addresses some needs so we can look at value picks like a Braxton Miller or elsewhere. Especially as this offense moves to be more pass-oriented. I know WR isn't a "glaring" need .. but if Kearse leaves in FA .. it's going to become one pretty quickly.

I'm just curious, what makes you all so sure he can be an NFL WR? The 26 catches 341 yds and 3 tds? He's athletic, but to compare him to a top 15 WR in the NFL seem like a huge stretch. He's got much further to go as a route runner and WR then Golden Tate had to go, and it took Golden 3 years to be a WR we could count on.

And how do you compare a 6'2 guy with a quick 5'10 WR?

I'll also bet Miller doesn't run faster than a 4.4 40, the Ohio state is overblowing his 40 time. On the list they used to show he ran a 4.32, the next guy behind him, Stoneburner, was said to run a 4.4 flat. Guess what he ran at the combine? A 4.65.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Nothing against Braxton Miller. But, I'd probably rather see the Hawks get Pharoah Cooper or Sterling Shepard instead if they're targeting a player like this. Not to hijack this thread away from the player being discussed, so I won't post videos. Just links. (For purposes of comparison to players that might be drafted around the same point in the draft.)

Still, would not be disappointed to see Miller become a Seahawk.

Pharoah Cooper
Hand-Eye Coordination
http://www.foxsports.com/college-footba ... ill-012516

Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwRyTLx ... _9y-cFKgd3

Sterling Shepard
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college ... tice-award

I think someone has already posted Shepards highlights elsewhere, so won't duplicate.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Miller is an incredibly dynamic talent. Without doubt the best player 'in space' among any of the receivers. A natural athlete with surprisingly natural WR skills given his late switch from QB.

He is going to go early in this class. Early second is probably the worst case scenario.