new poster draft question

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
hey wanted to say I'm from St Louis and glad to be free of the Rams...hard to follow. too many late hits and players mouthing off in games , bad drafts and below avg coaches/GM's. Always enjoyed the draft and fun not having to watch a draft from the Rams needs perspective any longer. Like a cloud been lifted. Also am a huge Russell Wilson fan. Just enjoy watching the kid play. Also a big believer in sparq so enjoy your guys drafts...

started a draft site nfldraftresearch(no big deal just stuff I would post on a rams forum) and am doing a mock. My favorite player for the Seahawks would be Shonn Coleman OT IMO better LT prospect then Greg Robinson and a top RT but not sure he will fall. Curious any talk of moving Mizzou 's Britt back to rt and what positions do you want in rds 1 2, & 3 ? Also really liked the Mark Glowinski and Terry Poole picks last year. How will they fit in?

anyway try not to be too big a nuisance

titan3131

Reaction score
If Coleman is there we should pick him.

Are you going to be joining us along our dynasty voyage or just admire from a distance?

OP
OP
P

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
titan3131":3pw60m8d said:
If Coleman is there we should pick him.

Are you going to be joining us along our dynasty voyage or just admire from a distance?

I'm here for the ride...4/5 teams I root for with Seattle being one......was in a fantasy league for maybe 10 years and picked the Seahawks as my home team...own a seahawks hat/jersey...

Erebus

Reaction score
Shon Coleman is one of the popular picks around here. However, a strong case has been made that the interior of our o-line is more important to our offense, so we might lean towards the top center (probably Nick Martin) instead of the 4th or 5th best LT.

There has been little or no talk of moving Britt back to RT. The hope is that he can be relegated to backup duty, capable of filling in for multiple positions.

OP
OP
P

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
Erebus":390espzg said:
Shon Coleman is one of the popular picks around here. However, a strong case has been made that the interior of our o-line is more important to our offense, so we might lean towards the top center (probably Nick Martin) instead of the 4th or 5th best LT.

There has been little or no talk of moving Britt back to RT. The hope is that he can be relegated to backup duty, capable of filling in for multiple positions.

used Cody Whitehair in my last mock..athletic and best guard in the draft...would believe Martin would be there in the 3rd if not very deep draft at center this year..my 2nd best C is Evan Boehm

firebee

Reaction score
poplarbluffman":2cfbmadx said:
hey wanted to say I'm from St Louis and glad to be free of the Rams...hard to follow. too many late hits and players mouthing off in games , bad drafts and below avg coaches/GM's. Always enjoyed the draft and fun not having to watch a draft from the Rams needs perspective any longer. Like a cloud been lifted. Also am a huge Russell Wilson fan. Just enjoy watching the kid play. Also a big believer in sparq so enjoy your guys drafts...

started a draft site nfldraftresearch(no big deal just stuff I would post on a rams forum) and am doing a mock. My favorite player for the Seahawks would be Shonn Coleman OT IMO better LT prospect then Greg Robinson and a top RT but not sure he will fall. Curious any talk of moving Mizzou 's Britt back to rt and what positions do you want in rds 1 2, & 3 ? Also really liked the Mark Glowinski and Terry Poole picks last year. How will they fit in?

As of this moment, I think you hit the nail on the head with Coleman.
Really liking him as our 1st pick of the draft. Seems to have all the traits our FO looks for in a player and he looks like a guy that will develop into a great starting left tackle for us. However, I also think their is a very high probability that we trade down, especially if Ezekiel Elliott slides and is still on the board when our pick comes up. We'd know we have teams over a barrel and could pick up great value on trading our pick at that point, picking up much more than we might otherwise.. Still... tough to say what the priorities in the draft will be until some moves in free agency are made. Free agency can change the priorities in the draft real quick.

As for our needs... Did you not watch our offensive line almost get Wilson killed? We might need a LB, DT or WR too, but offensive line is definitely our biggest need... across the board.

Hawks46

Reaction score
first of all, welcome to .net

Pete Carroll has said that OL is our biggest priority heading into the off season, but one thing I've noticed is that they won't draft OL in the 1st unless it's Tackle.

Typically, you'll see an elite Center go in the first or 2nd round, but overall you can get great Center value in the 3rd -5th rounds and they know this. I can see maybe Guard in the 3rd, but I could also see them getting a decent FA signing for Guard. Glowinski also shows a lot of promise; he's already more polished than Sweezy and comes from a ZBS in college.

I honestly think we'll go Tackle or 3 tech DT in the 1st. After interior OL, our biggest need is interior pass rush. We're elite on the edges, but QB's just step up in the pocket and by another second or two consistently, and it burns us at times. The draft is very deep at DT, but I can see some teams grabbing a need in the 1st round knowing that, and seeing a very good DT dropping to us.

A lot of fans have given up on Britt, but I highly doubt the coaching staff has yet. He only had one year at Tackle in the NFL, and he came form Mizzou, where they ran a spread and it was a given that he'd take a bit more to season in the NFL because of that. They moved him to LG out of necessity more than him failing at Tackle, and I can see a scenario where we slide Gilliam over to LT and Britt back to RT (it may not be the most likely scenario, but you bet that it's being discussed behind closed doors).

We'll likely have to replace Irvin, and I see them drafting a CB as well, since I'm not sure how ready Smith and Seisay are, we may not retain Lane if he costs too much, and Simon is too brittle to rely on. If Simon gets hurt again, I could see them IR him again or just straight out cut him and come to a settlement.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
poplarbluffman":1ipjvww4 said:

Welcome aboard! You sound like someone who would add a lot of value to this board.

I like the long-term trajectory of Germain Ifedi . . . start him off at RT, a la Tyron Smith, then move him to LT once he has had time to improve his technique.

OP
OP
P

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
Hawks46":182z3ad7 said:

Pete Carroll has said that OL is our biggest priority heading into the off season, but one thing I've noticed is that they won't draft OL in the 1st unless it's Tackle.

Typically, you'll see an elite Center go in the first or 2nd round, but overall you can get great Center value in the 3rd -5th rounds and they know this. I can see maybe Guard in the 3rd, but I could also see them getting a decent FA signing for Guard. Glowinski also shows a lot of promise; he's already more polished than Sweezy and comes from a ZBS in college.

I honestly think we'll go Tackle or 3 tech DT in the 1st. After interior OL, our biggest need is interior pass rush. We're elite on the edges, but QB's just step up in the pocket and by another second or two consistently, and it burns us at times. The draft is very deep at DT, but I can see some teams grabbing a need in the 1st round knowing that, and seeing a very good DT dropping to us.

A lot of fans have given up on Britt, but I highly doubt the coaching staff has yet. He only had one year at Tackle in the NFL, and he came form Mizzou, where they ran a spread and it was a given that he'd take a bit more to season in the NFL because of that. They moved him to LG out of necessity more than him failing at Tackle, and I can see a scenario where we slide Gilliam over to LT and Britt back to RT (it may not be the most likely scenario, but you bet that it's being discussed behind closed doors).

We'll likely have to replace Irvin, and I see them drafting a CB as well, since I'm not sure how ready Smith and Seisay are, we may not retain Lane if he costs too much, and Simon is too brittle to rely on. If Simon gets hurt again, I could see them IR him again or just straight out cut him and come to a settlement.

great info..agree about Britt being a OT...maybe ot/g backup mocked a guard in the 1st but also agree with your point about not drafting a guard in the 1st. Great spot for a 3 tech. Also Spence is very similar to Irvin. guard I would love to see you guys draft is Christian Westerman Arizona 3rd/4th 6'3 296 very good in pass pro, very light on his feet with solid power to hold poa senior bowl solid 33 1/2 arms. wouldn't be against using a late 2nd on him..really good player should test well and have a solid sparq score

McGruff

Reaction score
poplarbluffman":3o9q7rud said:
Hawks46":3o9q7rud said:

great info..agree about Britt being a OT...maybe ot/g backup mocked a guard in the 1st but also agree with your point about not drafting a guard in the 1st. Great spot for a 3 tech. Also Spence is very similar to Irvin. guard I would love to see you guys draft is Christian Westerman Arizona 3rd/4th 6'3 296 very good in pass pro, very light on his feet with solid power to hold poa senior bowl solid 33 1/2 arms. wouldn't be against using a late 2nd on him..really good player should test well and have a solid sparq score

I will check out Westerman. But off the hoof he seems light for us, especially if we are looking to replace Britt at LG. They tend to prefer a 320+ road grader there.