As a duck homer

cheese22

Reaction score
I'd like to throw out the name Byron Marshal as an udfa for a third down back. He started his career as a rb so he has experience with blocking and running out of the backfield. He was moved to wr because of the rb depth and he became the most reliable receiver almost immediately. He has great hands and is a dynamic runner after the catch. He's been ranked as going undrafted so it wouldn't cost a pick and I don't think he'll make it as a wr. I think he'd make a great weapon in that position, especially now that everyone says we're a pass oriented offense.

CPHawk

Reaction score
cheese22":cguo0x8w said:
I'd like to throw out the name Byron Marshal as an udfa for a third down back. He started his career as a rb so he has experience with blocking and running out of the backfield. He was moved to wr because of the rb depth and he became the most reliable receiver almost immediately. He has great hands and is a dynamic runner after the catch. He's been ranked as going undrafted so it wouldn't cost a pick and I don't think he'll make it as a wr. I think he'd make a great weapon in that position, especially now that everyone says we're a pass oriented offense.

He's not an NFL RB. He can play the slot however, and if he lands someplace like New England, he could have a long and productive career.

OP
OP
cheese22

cheese22

Reaction score
Most third down backs wouldn't make a roster as an every down type of back. Saying he might make it as a slot receiver leads me to think he has the skills to work out of the backfield too. I agree that he'll never make it as a rb, but the way that position has become so specialized, I think he compares favorably to other third down guys.

CPHawk

Reaction score
cheese22":2bdmg4bd said:
Most third down backs wouldn't make a roster as an every down type of back. Saying he might make it as a slot receiver leads me to think he has the skills to work out of the backfield too. I agree that he'll never make it as a rb, but the way that position has become so specialized, I think he compares favorably to other third down guys.

He's the only 1000 yard rusher and 1000 yard receiver in pac 12 history.