The 2017 recruiting thread.

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:51 pm

Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:37 pm
  • sc85sis wrote:Ah, so Ruth is the source of the BS "Helton is dirty" rumors. That explains it.

    Who said that? What did she say about Helton?
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3274
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:41 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:Ah, so Ruth is the source of the BS "Helton is dirty" rumors. That explains it.

    Who said that? What did she say about Helton?


    Not word for word, but it was something like this.... "What USC did to get Marlon was not against the rules but it was unethical. UW was trying to do the same thing but not to the extent that USC was".
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22948
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:53 pm

Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:54 pm
  • sc85sis wrote:Ah, so Ruth is the source of the BS "Helton is dirty" rumors. That explains it.

    I didn't say that.
    I'm just connecting the dots on what she said with what I've been told. It lines up, but it's speculation.
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2416
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:57 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:Ah, so Ruth is the source of the BS "Helton is dirty" rumors. That explains it.

    Who said that? What did she say about Helton?


    Not word for word, but it was something like this.... "What USC did to get Marlon was not against the rules but it was unethical. UW was trying to do the same thing but not to the extent that USC was".

    correct. the rumors is Tui is undocumented. UW was going to get him citizenship through the legal system. USC is promising to use some loophole to do it through canada.
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2416
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:35 pm

Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:39 pm
  • You cannot just go and get US citizenship, it is a process of years after you receive legal resident status. Other than that, you would have to apply for a student visa.

    Canada is much the same with a six-year requirement but there is express entry for shilled immigrants or study visa. Quebec has different rules and if you pony up 800K you can expedite the process.

    In either case I don't know how either school could help except for student visa. Particularly now, if you are here illegally, you might have to return to your citizenship country to apply.

    The only other thing is refugee status for those seeking asylum because they are considered at risk upon return to their home country.

    The whole thing sounds very convoluted to me.
    User avatar
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 206
    Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:51 pm
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:07 am
  • Coming right down to the wire here on 1/30, looks like we might not get to see UW's last couple of picks until signing day.

    Of the two most discussed programs here, it looks like UW is focusing on quality vs quantity with a predominately 4-star class while Oregon has been forced to accept a quantity first approach with almost all 3-star recruits (per 247Sports, which, I am informed, is the best recruiting site.)

    Updated 247Sports rankings as of 1/30/2017:

    http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Footba ... amRankings
    User avatar
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 206
    Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:51 pm
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:17 am
  • Sounds like jones will stick.

    Jackson
    Lolahea (lds)
    ah you
    These are the three potential commits before signing day
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2416
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:41 am
  • davidonmi wrote:Sounds like jones will stick.

    Jackson
    Lolahea (lds)
    ah you
    These are the three potential commits before signing day


    Good news, could they take all three if available?

    That would be a great finish!
    Last edited by sondevil89 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 206
    Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:51 pm
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:51 am
  • Ducks will close with:

    Guys i'm really confident on:

    Deommodore Lenoir
    Josh Falo
    Billy Gibson
    Dominic Artis (who will immediatly become my favorite commit.. and will likely be one of our startling OLB's next year)
    George Moore
    Juliano Falaniko

    Guys im somewhat confident on:

    Amir Speed
    Kamilo Tongamoa

    Then there are guys we still have an outside shot with, but its not very probable:

    Greg Johnson
    Stephen Carr
    Elijah Blades
    Bryan Thompson

    And of course, there's always a chance for a nice surprise or two.

    We should be taking 8 or 9 more in the next few days.

    Final class should end up somewhere in the 15-20 range. This after our coaching staff has only had about 3 weeks to work. Cant wait to see what they do with next years class. I predict top 10, because it will be a big class once again, and we have a lot of local talent in next years class.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22948
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:51 am
  • davidonmi wrote:Sounds like jones will stick.

    Jackson
    Lolahea (lds)
    ah you
    These are the three potential commits before signing day


    What about Kirkland? I think you get him.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22948
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:53 am
  • Kirkland was what I meant with Jackson. my bad.

    We have 0 chance at landing Austin jackson
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2416
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:54 am
  • sondevil89 wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:Sounds like jones will stick.

    Jackson
    Lolahea (lds)
    ah you
    These are the three potential commits before signing day


    Good new, could they take all three if available?

    That would be a great finish!

    yes. they would take all three
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2416
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:02 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Ducks will close with:

    Guys i'm really confident on:

    Deommodore Lenoir
    Josh Falo
    Billy Gibson
    Dominic Artis (who will immediatly become my favorite commit.. and will likely be one of our startling OLB's next year)
    George Moore
    Juliano Falaniko

    Guys im somewhat confident on:

    Amir Speed
    Kamilo Tongamoa

    Then there are guys we still have an outside shot with, but its not very probable:

    Greg Johnson
    Stephen Carr
    Elijah Blades
    Bryan Thompson

    And of course, there's always a chance for a nice surprise or two.

    We should be taking 8 or 9 more in the next few days.

    Final class should end up somewhere in the 15-20 range. This after our coaching staff has only had about 3 weeks to work. Cant wait to see what they do with next years class. I predict top 10, because it will be a big class once again, and we have a lot of local talent in next years class.


    Top-10? IIRC, the only time Oregon had a top-10 recruiting class was in USC's sanction years where they were losing 10 recruits a year.

    I get that Oregon fans believe they will bounce right back but when Taggart took over USF to accomplish the same thing he went 2-14 and 4-8 in his first two seasons.

    As for the three weeks time, it has been a good deal longer than that as almost half of the class is from Florida where Taggart had been recruiting for years. Many of the others had been recruited by Oregon's previous staff.
    User avatar
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 206
    Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:51 pm
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:30 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Ducks will close with:

    Guys i'm really confident on:

    Deommodore Lenoir
    Josh Falo
    Billy Gibson
    Dominic Artis (who will immediatly become my favorite commit.. and will likely be one of our startling OLB's next year)
    George Moore
    Juliano Falaniko

    Guys im somewhat confident on:

    Amir Speed
    Kamilo Tongamoa

    Then there are guys we still have an outside shot with, but its not very probable:

    Greg Johnson
    Stephen Carr
    Elijah Blades
    Bryan Thompson

    And of course, there's always a chance for a nice surprise or two.

    We should be taking 8 or 9 more in the next few days.

    Final class should end up somewhere in the 15-20 range. This after our coaching staff has only had about 3 weeks to work. Cant wait to see what they do with next years class. I predict top 10, because it will be a big class once again, and we have a lot of local talent in next years class.


    After a little more surfing the net when i'm supposed to be working i'm moving Gibson down to the Maybe list and adding DJ Johnson to the possible but not likely group.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22948
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:40 pm
  • Listening to the radio on the way home from the office this afternoon a sport's analyst was talking about how the Huskies could put another three players in the 1st round of the draft again this year. When he talked to Elijah Molden he said that was one of the factors that played into his decision to spurn Oregon even though his dad had been an All-American football player at Oregon. This kid has a chance to play right away and I wouldn't be surprised to see him entering the draft in three years.

    Oregon lost their other top recruit to USC and it looks like their new coach has had to rely on players from Florida that he was recruiting there to fill their class. It will be interesting to see how these Florida kids respond to the culture shock that the move to central Oregon will present. I am guessing that is not going to be the easy transition that they think it is going to be.

    This looks like another great year for the Huskies and they will be vying for the Pac-12 championship again. Next year's class will be much bigger and there will be plenty of quality recruits coming out of Washington along with the traditional recruits out of California and western states. In spite of the erroneous information presented here, the state of Washington ALWAYS produces many more Pac-12 candidates that its southern neighbor Oregon does.

    http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/co ... 93429.html
    User avatar
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 206
    Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:51 pm
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:42 pm
  • Molden is going to redshirt. None of the players Washington is bringing in on defense will play this year.
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3274
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:44 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:Molden is going to redshirt. None of the players Washington is bringing in on defense will play this year.


    While that's a nice luxury to have, I don't think that is set in stone.

    See: Taylor Rapp
    User avatar
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 206
    Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:51 pm
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:48 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:Molden is going to redshirt. None of the players Washington is bringing in on defense will play this year.


    Molden is a stud. And by all acounts an even better kid then football player. (Men of Oregon know how to raise their kids!) I really hope i'm wrong, but my guess is that he doesnt finish his career at UW because of head injuries... he's already had several, and he's not a kid that needs football to be successful in life.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22948
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:52 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:Molden is going to redshirt. None of the players Washington is bringing in on defense will play this year.

    tui would have been the only for sure, albeit likely in a rotational role.

    I think there's space at safety for a true frosh to step up. molden could be that guy.

    He won't start at CB right away. Miller, Murphy, Love, all definitely ahead on the depth chart at least.
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2416
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:46 pm
  • cesame wrote:This is a college football forum and you're bringing up university rankings. No one cares. Go to a forum that does.

    On the field, yes, UW has been little brother. Going 15 years between conference championships? Do better, please.

    Sure UW has a NC. Too bad they didn't have to actually prove it and play Miami, something they would be required to do now. I mean, imagine if Washington didn't have to play Alabama this year. Too bad for them they did and got their ass kicked. Perhaps the same thing happens in 1991.

    So WHEN Oregon does win their first national championship, I'm sure glad they won't have to share it with another team and will have to actually beat the best teams in the country. Having my only championship be questioned? Not that amazing.


    Bitter is what I see, UW is a Co National Champion, the Huskies didn't set the format anymore then a school does now, or anymore then the Seahawks set up scheduling for Home and Away games.

    Ducks in a National Championship game, maybe someday, but Nike High School better do it soon, Uncle Phil doesn't have that many years left and once he passes away the Golden Spoon may go away as well.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 20490
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:52 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    cesame wrote:This is a college football forum and you're bringing up university rankings. No one cares. Go to a forum that does.

    On the field, yes, UW has been little brother. Going 15 years between conference championships? Do better, please.

    Sure UW has a NC. Too bad they didn't have to actually prove it and play Miami, something they would be required to do now. I mean, imagine if Washington didn't have to play Alabama this year. Too bad for them they did and got their ass kicked. Perhaps the same thing happens in 1991.

    So WHEN Oregon does win their first national championship, I'm sure glad they won't have to share it with another team and will have to actually beat the best teams in the country. Having my only championship be questioned? Not that amazing.


    Bitter is what I see, UW is a Co National Champion, the Huskies didn't set the format anymore then a school does now, or anymore then the Seahawks set up scheduling for Home and Away games.

    Ducks in a National Championship game, maybe someday, but Nike High School better do it soon, Uncle Phil doesn't have that many years left and once he passes away the Golden Spoon may go away as well.

    Exactly, so very bitter.
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3274
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:54 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Bitter is what I see, UW is a Co National Champion, the Huskies didn't set the format anymore then a school does now, or anymore then the Seahawks set up scheduling for Home and Away games.

    Ducks in a National Championship game, maybe someday, but Nike High School better do it soon, Uncle Phil doesn't have that many years left and once he passes away the Golden Spoon may go away as well.


    Understood. Still....didn't have to prove it against the best. That leaves a lot of doubt in my mind. There's a reason they went to the CFP and it's scenarios like that. Who is the best team? In 1991 we will never know. A lot of doubt there.

    We all know Oregon is very capable of winning a championship. Been there twice, just couldn't finish it. Currently put together a great staff so it's looking like they're putting themselves in great shape to get back.
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:56 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    cesame wrote:This is a college football forum and you're bringing up university rankings. No one cares. Go to a forum that does.

    On the field, yes, UW has been little brother. Going 15 years between conference championships? Do better, please.

    Sure UW has a NC. Too bad they didn't have to actually prove it and play Miami, something they would be required to do now. I mean, imagine if Washington didn't have to play Alabama this year. Too bad for them they did and got their ass kicked. Perhaps the same thing happens in 1991.

    So WHEN Oregon does win their first national championship, I'm sure glad they won't have to share it with another team and will have to actually beat the best teams in the country. Having my only championship be questioned? Not that amazing.




    Ducks in a National Championship game, maybe someday, but Nike High School better do it soon, Uncle Phil doesn't have that many years left and once he passes away the Golden Spoon may go away as well.


    Uh, we've been in 2.

    And the golden spoon isnt going away, he's left a very nice endowment thats going to live on long past him.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22948
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:00 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:Exactly, so very bitter.


    No..no...you're bitter!
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:08 pm
  • Looks like UW just received a commitment along the Offensive Line - maybe Kirkland?



    Would prefer Austin Jackson, but Kirkland could be a ok player
    User avatar
    Spleenhawk2.0
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 337
    Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:45 am


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:12 pm
  • Spleenhawk2.0 wrote:Looks like UW just received a commitment along the Offensive Line - maybe Kirkland?



    Would prefer Austin Jackson, but Kirkland could be a ok player


    You are correct. It is Kirkland.

    http://www.hudl.com/profile/4634317/jaxson-kirkland
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22948
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:14 pm
  • Kirkland's ceiling is George Fant
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:18 pm
  • cesame wrote:Kirkland's ceiling is George Fant

    Such an odd comp...
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3274
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:19 pm
  • Better way to say it is I don't think he's very good
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:19 pm
  • cesame wrote:Better way to say it is I don't think he's very good

    Better way to say you're not very good at evaluating players
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3274
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:20 pm
  • Burn.
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:21 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    cesame wrote:Kirkland's ceiling is George Fant

    Such an odd comp...


    Yea, fant is plenty athletic. Kirkland's problem is that he's not. He's a mauler. Who knows, I might be wrong on the kid but I think he'll be a nice depth piece at best. (not that thats anything to look down upon, half of these recruits wont become much of anything in college but at least they got themselves a free education).
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22948
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:22 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    cesame wrote:Kirkland's ceiling is George Fant

    Such an odd comp...


    Yea, fant is plenty athletic. Kirkland's problem is that he's not. He's a mauler. Who knows, I might be wrong on the kid but I think he'll be a nice depth piece at best. (not that thats anything to look down upon, half of these recruits wont become much of anything in college but at least they got themselves a free education).

    Give him two years in a college program to get his strength right and he's going to have a good chance at replacing McGary at RT. Kirkland has made huge strides in the last year, he's a P5 level player.
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3274
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:25 pm
  • I want Kirkland protecting my QB like I want George Fant protecting my QB. That's the only comparison that matters.

    Kirkland is a statue. There's been a lot of talk about him and the consensus is he's pretty much a fringe PAC 12 player because he lacks so much athleticism.
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:26 pm
  • cesame wrote:I want Kirkland protecting my QB like I want George Fant protecting my QB. That's the only comparison that matters.

    Kirkland is a statue. There's been a lot of talk about him and the consensus was pretty much fringe PAC 12 player because he lacks so much athleticism.

    Glad there's been talk that you read about...funny though because your program wanted him pretty badly...
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3274
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:29 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    cesame wrote:I want Kirkland protecting my QB like I want George Fant protecting my QB. That's the only comparison that matters.

    Kirkland is a statue. There's been a lot of talk about him and the consensus was pretty much fringe PAC 12 player because he lacks so much athleticism.

    Glad there's been talk that you read about...funny though because your program wanted him pretty badly...


    This staff has had just weeks to try and put a class together.

    They're considering a lot of players they would usually pass on for others. Problem is those other players have been committed to their schools for months.
    Last edited by cesame on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:30 pm
  • cesame wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    cesame wrote:I want Kirkland protecting my QB like I want George Fant protecting my QB. That's the only comparison that matters.

    Kirkland is a statue. There's been a lot of talk about him and the consensus was pretty much fringe PAC 12 player because he lacks so much athleticism.

    Glad there's been talk that you read about...funny though because your program wanted him pretty badly...


    This staff has had just weeks to try and put a class together.

    They're considering a lot of players they would usually pass on for others.

    Uh huh... :roll:
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3274
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:31 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    cesame wrote:I want Kirkland protecting my QB like I want George Fant protecting my QB. That's the only comparison that matters.

    Kirkland is a statue. There's been a lot of talk about him and the consensus was pretty much fringe PAC 12 player because he lacks so much athleticism.

    Glad there's been talk that you read about...funny though because your program wanted him pretty badly...


    Yea, wanted him so badly that they waited the week before signing day to bother offering him even though he's been in our back yard all along. He's a fall back option for you, as he would have been for us. Thats a fact.

    Now, plenty of fall back options have turned out to be really good football players. So, we'll see.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22948
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:31 pm
  • Oregon hired their OL coach like 2 weeks ago

    These are clearly great conditions to recruit in. I mean who can't see that.
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:05 am
  • cesame wrote:Oregon hired their OL coach like 2 weeks ago

    These are clearly great conditions to recruit in. I mean who can't see that.


    Taggart had been recruiting the the 8-9 Florida recruits all along and many of the other recruits were in the Oregon treadmill already
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Change the record...
    User avatar
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 206
    Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:51 pm
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:33 am
  • Yes I'm sure Taggart would take those 8-9 lower ranked Florida recruits over every other group of recruits in the country. He wouldn't want to have more time to go recruit higher ranked kids.

    My point still stands
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:54 am
  • DeMarco Artis announcing at 5 today. Between Oregon and Baylor.

    Would be huge for Oregon to land him. His tape is really damn impressive rushing the passer. Him and Troy Dye flying off the edges....oh boy. Would love to see that become a reality.
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:14 am
  • cesame wrote:DeMarco Artis announcing at 5 today. Between Oregon and Baylor.

    Would be huge for Oregon to land him. His tape is really damn impressive rushing the passer. Him and Troy Dye flying off the edges....oh boy. Would love to see that become a reality.


    Reminds me of Bruce Irvin. He's going to be a duck.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22948
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:19 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    cesame wrote:DeMarco Artis announcing at 5 today. Between Oregon and Baylor.

    Would be huge for Oregon to land him. His tape is really damn impressive rushing the passer. Him and Troy Dye flying off the edges....oh boy. Would love to see that become a reality.


    Reminds me of Bruce Irvin. He's going to be a duck.



    Oops. Baylor. Bummer.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22948
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:26 pm
  • Taggart never tweeted out that he received a phone call so I was wondering....

    Too bad. Artis would have been a huge get. Can't believe he went to Baylor, though. That program deserves the death penalty.
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:37 pm
  • cesame wrote:Taggart never tweeted out that he received a phone call so I was wondering....

    Too bad. Artis would have been a huge get. Can't believe he went to Baylor, though. That program deserves the death penalty.


    Hopefully we throw a late offer at Anthony Pandy. I like his tape almost as much as Artis, although he's not as much of a pass rush specialist and more of an all around player. Commited to Arizona a few days ago, but has said he'd commit to Oregon if offered.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22948
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:01 pm
  • cesame wrote: That program deserves the death penalty.

    That's something we can agree on :2thumbs:
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3274
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


PreviousNext


It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online