Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The 2017 recruiting thread.

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:47 pm
  • Yesterday was a real downer

Guessing recruits not real impressed with Oregon right now
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:59 pm
  • cesame wrote:Yesterday was a real downer

Not necessarily. Last year we got two commits from guys that were visiting when we get beat down by Utah. One of the main things recruits look at is early playing time. Especially defensive recruits have to see they have a chance to come in and make an early impact.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:37 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    cesame wrote:Yesterday was a real downer

Not necessarily. Last year we got two commits from guys that were visiting when we get beat down by Utah. One of the main things recruits look at is early playing time. Especially defensive recruits have to see they have a chance to come in and make an early impact.

I would think the uncertainty at the coaching position may have a negative affect on recruiting
    dadof3
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:44 pm
  • ^That and guys just want to win.

Jerseys and facilities are great, but Oregon winning is what got recruits in.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:11 pm
  • Funny I post that but am reading that the rumor is LB Jacob Phillips is set to announce this week and it's going to be Oregon

He had a great visit a month ago and seeing that true freshman Troy Dye was starting gave him confidence that he could play right away.

Recruiting rumors though.......
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:46 am
  • cesame wrote:Funny I post that but am reading that the rumor is LB Jacob Phillips is set to announce this week and it's going to be Oregon

He had a great visit a month ago and seeing that true freshman Troy Dye was starting gave him confidence that he could play right away.

Man, I hope your'e right because I think inside linebacker and d'line are our two biggest needs. But on 247 there are 16 "expert" predictions on where he'll end up and not one of them is for Oregon. Most are either for Oklahoma or Texas A&M.

I do think the already commited Sampson Niu is going to be a beast at inside linebacker. And true freshman Keith Simms actually looked decent against UW so I have hopes for him, but its a position we can definitely use a lot of help at.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:43 am
  • cesame wrote:Funny I post that but am reading that the rumor is LB Jacob Phillips is set to announce this week and it's going to be Oregon

Maybe the rumor said he was commuting to UO? He just commited to Oklahoma.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:14 pm
  • Ducks get a commitment from 3 star safety nick Pickett from Los Angeles. Teammate of de'ommodore lenoir who is already commited to UO. The ducks also offered another of their teammates today, 4 star linebacker Rhayme Johnson.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5323435/572 ... 638017c1fe
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:58 pm
  • kearly wrote:I'm jealous of Michigan fans. And feel sorry for 49ers fans.

I am a Michigan fan. So happy right now. :irishdrinkers: I knew the Niners were toast when they let Harbaugh go.
    I follow the recruiting and it's crazy how highly rated many of the kids that are coming in are. Big brother is back in the mitten.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:18 pm
  • apparently huskies are making major ground on foster sarrell. he's also feeling pressure by friends and family to stay home.
    the UW official visit will mean a lot
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:12 pm
  • If the Ducks can't land Elijah Molden then this staff needs to go

Defense is a huge problem and failing to land top ranked in-state talent on defense is a big red flag

Already dropped the ball on Tuipulotu
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:29 pm
  • cesame wrote:If the Ducks can't land Elijah Molden then this staff needs to go

Defense is a huge problem and failing to land top ranked in-state talent on defense is a big red flag

Well get ready to be dissapointed, cuz he's not coming to Oregon.

He's going to UW or Stanford. Then hes going to have a short career due to head injuries, imo.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:19 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    cesame wrote:If the Ducks can't land Elijah Molden then this staff needs to go

Well get ready to be dissapointed, cuz he's not coming to Oregon.

He's going to UW or Stanford. Then hes going to have a short career due to head injuries, imo.

Just commited to Washington. Going to be a great player if he can stay healthy. Big if though. Already had a few concussions and fractured skull. This is a kid who shouldn't be playing football, IMO.

You guys should send thank you flowers to Helfrich.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:50 pm

Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:00 pm

Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:10 pm

Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:24 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:4 star o'linemen Henry Bainvalu from Skyline High School in Sammamish, WA has commited to the Huskies. UW's class is up to 16th nationally.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3016306/henry-bainivalu

With Foster Sarell likely headed to Stanford, this was a very important commit. Bainivalu is the only other known OL prospect UW was targeting.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:34 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Ducks get their 2nd commit of the day. High 3 star DT Popo Aumavae. Top 6 rated commits are all on the devensive side of the ball.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3626039/popo-aumavae

He'll be a guard, unless the new coaching staff changes his mind.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:01 pm
  • drrew wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:4 star o'linemen Henry Bainvalu from Skyline High School in Sammamish, WA has commited to the Huskies. UW's class is up to 16th nationally.

With Foster Sarell likely headed to Stanford, this was a very important commit. Bainivalu is the only other known OL prospect UW was targeting.

Source on Sarell heading to Stanford?

Also, it looks like the Huskies are also recruiting Austin Jackson at OT: http://www.scout.com/college/washington ... -prospects
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:19 pm
  • A-Dog wrote:
    drrew wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:4 star o'linemen Henry Bainvalu from Skyline High School in Sammamish, WA has commited to the Huskies. UW's class is up to 16th nationally.

Also, it looks like the Huskies are also recruiting Austin Jackson at OT: http://www.scout.com/college/washington ... -prospects

Stanford has long been tge favorite for sarrell, from every source. UW is still in the conversation though. Jackson is all USC I think.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:09 am
  • Stanford WAS a huge favorite for sarrell. From everyone I trust things have changed massively. Right now it's apparently 50/50 with no one really having a great idea until sarrell takes his UW official. I think what's telling is the staff has still yet to offer any plan B's on the OL. which makes me think they know they have a good shot.

UW is also in play now for DJ Johnson, Miami commit, who visited UW last week out of nowhere and people now say he too could be leaning UW.
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:11 am
  • A-Dog wrote:
    drrew wrote:

Jackson is a longshot for UW, at best. If he actually takes a visit things could change
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:34 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Ducks get a commitment from a big time player today. Cornerback Deommodore Lenoir from Los Angeles. The composite rankings has him as the 85th best player in the country.

Junior highlights

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3554279/hig ... /283229396

Just decommited. I'm sure the Ducks will have quite a few decommitments with the potential coaching change. Hopefully whoever the new coach is will be able to reel him back in. His gf is commited to Oregon as a soccer player, so I think he'll still end up a Duck.

Gonna be an interesting ride from here til signing day.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:46 pm
  • Huskies lost one today. Connor Weddington, the 4 star rb from Sumner decommited. Probably heading to Stanford.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:22 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Huskies lost one today. Connor Weddington, the 4 star rb from Sumner decommited. Probably heading to Stanford.

Big loss for the Dawgs. On the bright side (?) it does now open up another scholarship. Now the Dawgs have 3 to play with instead of 2, which is nice because they are in on some pretty highly touted recruits.
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:24 am
  • yeah I wonder how they fill it.
    They're definitely holding out 2 for Sarell and Johnson.
    Pola Mao is almost certainly committing soon.

They might offer Ford or go after Umana more seriously now.

It sucks, I'm not sure why he committed when stanford was always his school
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:55 am
  • davidonmi wrote:yeah I wonder how they fill it.

When Stanford lost out on Ahmed (go Dawgs), they went plan B and that was/is weddington. They hadn't offered until recently, or least not a commitable offer.

I sure hope they can find a spot for Pili. I think he's what this class needs.
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:10 pm
  • Taggart got his first commit tonight. No assistant coaches on staff yet. Dude's a one man recruiting tornado. Flipped 3 star athlete Darrian McNeal who was commited to Arizona. I believe he's going to be a WR, but not 100% sure.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/2900995/darrian-mcneal
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:32 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Huskies lost one today. Connor Weddington, the 4 star rb from Sumner decommited. Probably heading to Stanford.

Big loss for the Dawgs. On the bright side (?) it does now open up another scholarship. Now the Dawgs have 3 to play with instead of 2, which is nice because they are in on some pretty highly touted recruits.

While it would have been nice for the Huskies to keep Weddington, they already have Gaskin and Coleman. Plus, behind them are Dotson and McGrew. I believe Weddington realized he would have to go somewhere else to be guaranteed of playing time. With McCaffrey leaving, Stanford will be in need of a tailback.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:24 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Ducks get a commitment from a big time player today. Cornerback Deommodore Lenoir from Los Angeles. The composite rankings has him as the 85th best player in the country.

Junior highlights

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3554279/hig ... /283229396

Just decommited. I'm sure the Ducks will have quite a few decommitments with the potential coaching change. Hopefully whoever the new coach is will be able to reel him back in. His gf is commited to Oregon as a soccer player, so I think he'll still end up a Duck.

Gonna be an interesting ride from here til signing day.

He'll be a duck still, and hopefully Graham commits also.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:18 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:yeah I wonder how they fill it.

When Stanford lost out on Ahmed (go Dawgs), they went plan B and that was/is weddington. They hadn't offered until recently, or least not a commitable offer.

I sure hope they can find a spot for Pili. I think he's what this class needs.

I think the ship might have sailed on pili. we'll see I guess. Maybe they could take a commit from katoa now
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:42 am
  • Ducks lost their 2018 QB commit Colson Yankoff. No surprise really. As soon as Helfrich was fired we knew this was going to happen. Likely to lose TE commit Tre McKitty in the next few days as well, another one we've known we'd lose basically since he commited. Momma doesnt want him playing this far from home.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:44 am
  • Sounds like Joseph Lewis (top 5 WR out of SoCal) who is expected to go to USC will be making a visit to UW in January.

Seems unlikely that he ends up at UW, but they weren't even known to be on his radar up to this point so just getting the chance to sell him on the program is a big deal.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:45 pm

Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:53 am
  • Ducks got a HUGE Christmas present this morning. Jordan Scott, from Florida, 6'1", 345 and moves pretty well. Now thats a nose tackle! Plus he's an early enrollee so the strength and conditioning coaches at Oregon will get a hold of him early.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3452903/jordon-scott
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:35 am
  • He reminds me of Mebane.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:18 pm
  • Foster Sarrell, #1 player in the nation, is announcing his commitment on Saturday. Stanford is still the favorite, but Washington is in the conversation.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:32 am

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:40 am

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:45 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Beavs land a 4 star WR, Jamir Calvin. Hes visiting Eugene in a few weeks though, so there's flip potential.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4459235/jamire-calvin

The flip failed as just seen on tv..

The flip attempt hasnt happened yet. As i mentioned, he's scheduled to visit Eugene in a couple weeks.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:08 am
  • Oregon needs to get some momentum going.

Coaching changes are just tough. Gonna be a tough finish to the recruiting cycle. Just how it goes.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:17 am
  • cesame wrote:Oregon needs to get some momentum going.

Coaching changes are just tough. Gonna be a tough finish to the recruiting cycle. Just how it goes.

They've got a massive, impressive list of visitors coming in in the next 3 weeks. Its been a dead period since the day after Taggart got hired, which ends wednesday. We'll finish in the 15th to 20th range which is going to be pretty damn impressive considering the damage Helfrich did on the recruiting trail.

We've got 13 kids signed right now and are expected to take 27 or 28 in this class. Its not even half way done. Gonna be a ton of quality additions in the next few weeks (including 2 five stars who have legitimate interest in the Ducks).
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:25 am
  • Perhaps if they fill every single available spot they could finish in the 20's

But this late in the game all of the blue chip recruits are already committed. They aren't going to pull any big names this late in the game. A lot 3 star guys and maybe even some 2 star guys.

Next year will be the year to watch. Having a full year to work on recruits makes a HUGE difference. 2 months or less just isn't enough time. Willie hasn't even coached a game at Oregon yet.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:31 am
  • cesame wrote:Perhaps if they fill every single available spot they could finish in the 20's

But this late in the game all of the blue chip recruits are already committed. They aren't going to pull any big names this late in the game. A lot 3 star guys and maybe even some 2 star guys.

Next year will be the year to watch. Having a full year to work on recruits makes a HUGE difference. 2 months or less just isn't enough time. Willie hasn't even coached a game at Oregon yet.

There's 3 four stars who are virtual locks to become Ducks. A corner and 2 linebackers. Over a dozen other 4 star or 5 stars with legitimate interest.

Don't worry about guys already being commited, guys flip late all of the time.

I'll be absolutely shocked if we dont finish in the top 20.

Starting next weekend we're going to be getting QUacks all over the place.

We'll see, i know guys like Justin Hopkins, who covers Oregon recruiting for a living, and talks to all the recruits, are extremely confident in how we close.,
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:21 pm

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:54 pm

Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:05 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:As expected, Foster Sarrell commits to Stanford. Thats their 2nd 5 star tackle in this class.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3258116/foster-sarell

Nobody but them was getting this guy.He had them down as a kid to himself.That Stanford line is looking damn scary
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:21 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:As expected, Foster Sarrell commits to Stanford. Thats their 2nd 5 star tackle in this class.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3258116/foster-sarell

Nobody but them was getting this guy.He had them down as a kid to himself.That Stanford line is looking damn scary

Stanford has 4 of the top 25 players in the class commited to them. Two tackles, a tight end and a QB.

Ohio State has 10 of the top 50.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:41 pm
  • I know but everything starts on the OL line on offense..As for D well Stanford may be weak there.As for who has highest top players thats Alabama for 7 straight years..Other schools may have higher academic standards and cannot ever match Alabama,OS or even the Ducks..UW I guess may be able to someday but not sure what their standard is compared to a football factory who takes anybody good like Alabama.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information