Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The 2017 recruiting thread.

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:44 pm
  • Obviously Foster saw UW's OL get demolished by Alabama and wanted no part of that
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:47 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    cesame wrote:Perhaps if they fill every single available spot they could finish in the 20's

    But this late in the game all of the blue chip recruits are already committed. They aren't going to pull any big names this late in the game. A lot 3 star guys and maybe even some 2 star guys.

    Next year will be the year to watch. Having a full year to work on recruits makes a HUGE difference. 2 months or less just isn't enough time. Willie hasn't even coached a game at Oregon yet.


    There's 3 four stars who are virtual locks to become Ducks. A corner and 2 linebackers. Over a dozen other 4 star or 5 stars with legitimate interest.

    Don't worry about guys already being commited, guys flip late all of the time.

    I'll be absolutely shocked if we dont finish in the top 20.

    Starting next weekend we're going to be getting QUacks all over the place.

    We'll see, i know guys like Justin Hopkins, who covers Oregon recruiting for a living, and talks to all the recruits, are extremely confident in how we close.,


    But everything has to break perfectly to finish in the top 20

    As you said, guys flip late all of the time. Could easily happen to the Ducks. They've already had 2-3 4 stars decommit after Helfrich was fired.

    Whatever Willie and crew salvage from this class I'll be fine with. I'll start judging him on the 2018 recruiting class.
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:13 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:UCLA gets 5 star Darnay Holmes. Number 1 DB in the country. Another great talent for Mora to waste.

    http://www.hudl.com/profile/3695029/darnay-holmes

    Him and Phillips are gonna look great on the 8-5 defense
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2416
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:27 am

Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:01 pm
  • Nice

    Sounds like he's open to playing/trying out different positions. Maybe he winds up on defense, who knows.

    Or could just be WR or RB
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:35 pm
  • cesame wrote:Nice

    Sounds like he's open to playing/trying out different positions. Maybe he winds up on defense, who knows.

    Or could just be WR or RB


    I think he'll be in the Deanthony thomas role. (Not saying he'll be as good as DAT). Spend some time in the backfield, but most of his time in the slot. Ran a 4.39 electrically timed 40. So he can move.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:06 pm
  • Sounds like the Ducks are making a run at Braxton Burmeister

    Gotta say... not impressed by his tape at all. Can't imagine him ever being the starter at Oregon.
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:20 pm
  • On another note, sounds like Willie sent a message last night in his meeting with the team.

    Posters on another board with sources that were there to witness the meeting had this to say

    Yeaterday, Taggart told the team Helf didn't get fired because he was a bad coach, he got fired because "you guys did what you wanted and didn't care enough. That phase of your life is over as of today."


    And

    I heard it was much more colorful than that. And that he banned everyone from Taylor's since a few guys had some issues there last year. And then said he would love to catch some one there, and he doesn't care who it is, they will be gone.


    Willie setting the tone for the team. Desperately needed after the players walked all over Helf and company.
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:49 pm
  • cesame wrote:Sounds like the Ducks are making a run at Braxton Burmeister

    Gotta say... not impressed by his tape at all. Can't imagine him ever being the starter at Oregon.


    He's a great athlete, not a great passer yet, actually kind of reminds me of a faster Jake Locker. His senior tape is a LOT better then his junior tape, so it shows he's willing to work. Plus, even if he never starts (which I agree with you on) its good to have depth to avoid another Jeff Lockie situation.

    I could imagine him ending up at safety if he doesnt work out at qb.
    Last edited by JSeahawks on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:52 pm
  • cesame wrote:On another note, sounds like Willie sent a message last night in his meeting with the team.

    Posters on another board with sources that were there to witness the meeting had this to say

    Yeaterday, Taggart told the team Helf didn't get fired because he was a bad coach, he got fired because "you guys did what you wanted and didn't care enough. That phase of your life is over as of today."


    And

    I heard it was much more colorful than that. And that he banned everyone from Taylor's since a few guys had some issues there last year. And then said he would love to catch some one there, and he doesn't care who it is, they will be gone.


    Willie setting the tone for the team. Desperately needed after the players walked all over Helf and company.


    Love it. Love Taggart so far.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:04 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    cesame wrote:Nice

    Sounds like he's open to playing/trying out different positions. Maybe he winds up on defense, who knows.

    Or could just be WR or RB


    I think he'll be in the Deanthony thomas role. (Not saying he'll be as good as DAT). Spend some time in the backfield, but most of his time in the slot. Ran a 4.39 electrically timed 40. So he can move.


    He's already 193, so I'd say much more Marshall than DAT. Who BTW, was much better in that role that DAT ever was.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3237
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:31 pm
  • Read that a USC mod on some USC site is saying Lenoir is "in as of three days ago"

    Guess we'll see. USC's stock is on fire right now and they're looking great next year. Have to believe that LA kids don't want to stay home and be a part of it
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:59 pm
  • Didn't even realize Lenoir is visiting USC on Jan 27.

    Kind of worried. I'm sure he's had more than one visit there already with it being right in his backyard. Throw an official visit on top if it?

    Honestly I think he ends up at USC.
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:27 pm
  • cesame wrote:Didn't even realize Lenoir is visiting USC on Jan 27.

    Kind of worried. I'm sure he's had more than one visit there already with it being right in his backyard. Throw an official visit on top if it?

    Honestly I think he ends up at USC.


    Its tough to turn down USC for LA kids for sure. A couple of his best friends are commited to the Ducks. His girlfriend is commited to the Ducks for soccer. Hopefully thats enough to get him back.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:38 pm
  • cesame wrote:Obviously Foster saw UW's OL get demolished by Alabama and wanted no part of that

    Try harder
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3288
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:45 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    cesame wrote:Obviously Foster saw UW's OL get demolished by Alabama and wanted no part of that

    Try harder


    If that's your criteria then he'd just switch to DL, as literally every OL got demolished by Alabama this year.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7225
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:02 am
  • For all you husky fans it sounds like the year will finish

    Norgaard or Ford
    Tryon or Harris
    Pola Mao

    the wildcards being Wyatt Davis and DJ Johnson still.
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2416
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:01 am
  • davidonmi wrote:For all you husky fans it sounds like the year will finish

    Norgaard or Ford
    Tryon or Harris
    Pola Mao

    the wildcards being Wyatt Davis and DJ Johnson still.


    I think Husky fans are dreaming if they think they're getting Wyatt Davis. But I do think you guys have a good chance at DJ Johnson who's an absolute stud and would probably get a lot of playing time as a true freshman. Pola Mao i agree is probably going to Washington, but USC has been building a little momentum here recently.
    Last edited by JSeahawks on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:04 am
  • Demetrius Douglas decommited from the Ducks last night. Although more then likely it was a case of the new staff just wasnt that interested in keeping his commitment. So right now we've got 13 commits, and we're looking to a take a class as big as 28 or possibly 30. So we've got about 15 more kids to add in the next 3 weeks, its going to be exciting. Got some big time dudes visiting Eugene the next few weeks as well, starting with 5 star running back Stephen Carr who's visiting this weekend. He's commited to USC and it will be a tough flip, but get him on campus and see what happens.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:14 am
  • We? That Western Oregon team must be coming around spectacularly...are they joining the Big Sky?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11967
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:25 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:We? That Western Oregon team must be coming around spectacularly...are they joining the Big Sky?


    Yes, "we". I didnt play for the Seahawks either, but they're "we' to me too.

    Here you go, here's your arizona state commits. You've got some good ones... Eno Benjamin i love at RB. And Blake Barnett is going to be a really good qb in your system I believe.

    http://arizonastate.247sports.com/Seaso ... ll/Commits
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:28 am
  • Fork 'em Devils!

    When's Plummer coming back?

    I'm actually more like you when it comes to College Football. I pull more for the Huskies, having grown up in the area and family being all Huskies.. Plus, they have a D1 soccer team. ASU canned theirs.

    Noone could figure out why I chose ASU... i sent them some pictures when I got there. Oddly, some stopped talking to me..
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11967
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:42 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Fork 'em Devils!

    When's Plummer coming back?

    I'm actually more like you when it comes to College Football. I pull more for the Huskies, having grown up in the area and family being all Huskies.. Plus, they have a D1 soccer team. ASU canned theirs.

    Noone could figure out why I chose ASU... i sent them some pictures when I got there. Oddly, some stopped talking to me..


    Pictures of the women?
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:23 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:For all you husky fans it sounds like the year will finish

    Norgaard or Ford
    Tryon or Harris
    Pola Mao

    the wildcards being Wyatt Davis and DJ Johnson still.


    I think Husky fans are dreaming if they think they're getting Wyatt Davis. But I do think you guys have a good chance at DJ Johnson who's an absolute stud and would probably get a lot of playing time as a true freshman. Pola Mao i agree is probably going to Washington, but USC has been building a little momentum here recently.

    yes. wyatt davis is a longshot.

    We'll see on Johnson. Bartow who's spot on usually CB'd him to UW recently
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2416
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:43 am
  • 3 star DE Joe Tryon from Renton WA just commited to UW. Was previously commited to Washington State.

    http://www.hudl.com/profile/2762457/joe-tryon

    I believe UW has room for 2, maybe 3, more.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:24 pm
  • As cesame predicted earlier the ducks got a commitment from qb Braxton Burmeister. He's a 4 star or 3 star depending on which site you look at. Personally he looks like a 4 star athlete but 3 star qb to me. The positive is that he looks a lot better as a senior then he did as a junior. He'll be a good depth guy, doubt he'll ever be qb 1.

    http://www.hudl.com/profile/2691327/braxton-burmeister
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:24 pm
  • I'm wondering if he even really fits the mold of what Taggart wants in a QB

    That said Herbert should be the starter the next 3 years (I don't think he declares early) so what does it matter
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:42 pm
  • cesame wrote:I'm wondering if he even really fits the mold of what Taggart wants in a QB

    That said Herbert should be the starter the next 3 years (I don't think he declares early) so what does it matter


    I see a lot of duck fans saying stuff like this. Braxton is going to push Herbert, the kid is really good, and the only knock is that he's 6'1. He doesn't have Herbert's arm, not many do, but hes a play maker and smart with the ball. He ran for almost 1500 yds this year alone, I think he'll fit WT O just fine. He also threw for 4700 yds, 53td and only 7 int.

    As for Herbert leaving early? Idk, but if a kid has a shot to be picked in the first 2 rounds, he should go and get that pay check. Why chance blowing out a knee?
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3237
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:17 pm
  • UW offered DE/Buck Ali Gaye from Edmonds-Woodway today.

    Not sure what it means about Johnson, but this guy has impressive offers from Miss, USC, Louisville, and grades have been what has delayed this offer apparently. Looks like he's checked out. Raw, physical freak.

    We'll see. it might be too late in the process anyway given he has 2 visits scheduled this month
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2416
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:49 am
  • Ducks have a 5 star running back STephen Carr visiting Eugene this weekend. He is/was commited to USC. He hasnt flipped to the Ducks yet, but he did delete "USC Commit" off of his twitter bio. Could be huge.... Hopeful.

    http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3999449/572 ... 007c6da131
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:09 am
  • davidonmi wrote:UW offered DE/Buck Ali Gaye from Edmonds-Woodway today.

    Not sure what it means about Johnson, but this guy has impressive offers from Miss, USC, Louisville, and grades have been what has delayed this offer apparently. Looks like he's checked out. Raw, physical freak.

    We'll see. it might be too late in the process anyway given he has 2 visits scheduled this month

    What I've heard is that he's been waiting for a UW offer. UW has been closely following him and his grades for some time. Apparently he wants to stay close to home. I think it's a matter of time before he commits. Emphasis on raw and physical freak.

    As to JS point, yes a maximum of 3 spots left but most likely 2. 3 if they get one of the higher rated guys to commit. I think Gaye and Norgaard round out the class unless they get a commit from Pola-Mao.
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3288
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:39 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Ducks have a 5 star running back STephen Carr visiting Eugene this weekend. He is/was commited to USC. He hasnt flipped to the Ducks yet, but he did delete "USC Commit" off of his twitter bio. Could be huge.... Hopeful.

    http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3999449/572 ... 007c6da131


    Looks promising I suppose

    RB like Carr are going to love Taggart's offense and the power running game

    Curious what it means for guys like Tony James Brooks. He's a speed guy and sort of injury prone.
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:57 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    cesame wrote:Didn't even realize Lenoir is visiting USC on Jan 27.

    Kind of worried. I'm sure he's had more than one visit there already with it being right in his backyard. Throw an official visit on top if it?

    Honestly I think he ends up at USC.


    Its tough to turn down USC for LA kids for sure. A couple of his best friends are commited to the Ducks. His girlfriend is commited to the Ducks for soccer. Hopefully thats enough to get him back.


    He was supposed to be on an official visit to North Carolina this weekend, but cancelled it and was in Eugene for an unofficial visit. He's pretty much locked into the Ducks, i'd say its 100%. Wont announce til signing day.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:34 pm

Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:50 pm
  • Good to hear on Lenoir. Him and Graham have the potential to be one of the best CB duo's in program history

    Any word on LB Slade?
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:29 pm
  • cesame wrote:Good to hear on Lenoir. Him and Graham have the potential to be one of the best CB duo's in program history

    Any word on LB Slade?


    He didnt commit, but he will. Or maybe already has silently. Word is that Taggarts asking some of these guys to hold off and not announce until national signing day, to create some buzz around the program. USC has done that for years.

    We're going after a 3rd high 4 star cb too, Jaylon Johnson, whos currently commited to Utah. No visit is set up yet, but they're working really hard on him. He'd probably play safety for us.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:02 pm
  • Dawg fans should keep an eye out for DJ Johnson...
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3288
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:39 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:Dawg fans should keep an eye out for DJ Johnson...


    He's a beast.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:27 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:Dawg fans should keep an eye out for DJ Johnson...


    He's a beast.


    Sounds like he's not coming. At least according to Ruth, after visiting Miami this weekend with his parents he has let the UW coaches know that he's shutting down his recruitment.

    I think UW's class may be done.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:39 pm
  • the news on Johnson sucks. Eklund reported something completely different today that he might be visiting although his reports usually aren't very good

    The huskies do seem to be bringing in Nick Ford (3 star OT) for a visit, so it seems like they want a 3rd OL.

    Otherwise it looks like they are done unless the USC allure with pola mao wears off.

    A crappy finish to what is still a pretty darn good class.

    Marlon Tui picked up a 5th star with 247 today
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2416
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:58 pm
  • cesame wrote:Good to hear on Lenoir. Him and Graham have the potential to be one of the best CB duo's in program history

    Any word on LB Slade?


    Isaac Slade_Matautia is commiting on Saturday, at the Polynesian Bowl. Oregon is the heavy favorite.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:57 pm
  • Huskies about to lose their top recruit. Marlon Tuipaloto, who just got his 5th star, visiting USC this weekend after blowing off a meeting with uw's dline coach.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:30 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Huskies about to lose their top recruit. Marlon Tuipaloto, who just got his 5th star, visiting USC this weekend after blowing off a meeting with uw's dline coach.


    Whether he goes to USC or UW, the most telling fact is that he and the other top recruit want nothing to do with the ducks. I get it if it is a choice between UO and the trees with their elite education but he is choosing strictly on football.

    Even one of the ducks most promising receivers for next year, Jalen Brown, has withdrawn to finish his eligibility at another program. This, after the hire of Taggart, whom ducks are touting as the next coming of Saban/Meyer with his mighty 40-45 record.

    And, the players kicked of team for crimes ranging from DUI to assault.

    Not to mention three players sent to the hospital, with two being serious enough to stay for an entire week and still not released.

    Everything is so great in duckland that they have nothing better to do than spend an inordinate amount of time bagging on the Huskies.
    User avatar
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 206
    Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:51 pm
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:34 pm
  • sondevil89 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Huskies about to lose their top recruit. Marlon Tuipaloto, who just got his 5th star, visiting USC this weekend after blowing off a meeting with uw's dline coach.


    Whether he goes to USC or UW, the most telling fact is that he and the other top recruit want nothing to do with the ducks. I get it if it is a choice between UO and the trees with their elite education but he is choosing strictly on football.

    Even one of the ducks most promising receivers for next year, Jalen Brown, has withdrawn to finish his eligibility at another program. This, after the hire of Taggart, whom ducks are touting as the next coming of Saban/Meyer with his mighty 40-45 record.

    And, the players kicked of team for crimes ranging from DUI to assault.

    Not to mention three players sent to the hospital, with two being serious enough to stay for an entire week and still not released.

    Everything is so great in duckland that they have nothing better to do than spend an inordinate amount of time bagging on the Huskies.


    You're correct, everything IS great in Duckland. Optimism and energy is at an all time high, including during the Chip Kelly era. But this is a recruiting thread. If you want to throw in stuff about Arizona State recruiting, go for it. If you want to talk shit about the Ducks, i'd happily engage you in a different thread.

    Huskies, Ducks, Trojans and everybody have been talking recruiting in this thread for a year, getting along with each other with no drama. Please dont ruin that.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:07 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    sondevil89 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Huskies about to lose their top recruit. Marlon Tuipaloto, who just got his 5th star, visiting USC this weekend after blowing off a meeting with uw's dline coach.


    Whether he goes to USC or UW, the most telling fact is that he and the other top recruit want nothing to do with the ducks. I get it if it is a choice between UO and the trees with their elite education but he is choosing strictly on football.

    Even one of the ducks most promising receivers for next year, Jalen Brown, has withdrawn to finish his eligibility at another program. This, after the hire of Taggart, whom ducks are touting as the next coming of Saban/Meyer with his mighty 40-45 record.

    And, the players kicked of team for crimes ranging from DUI to assault.

    Not to mention three players sent to the hospital, with two being serious enough to stay for an entire week and still not released.

    Everything is so great in duckland that they have nothing better to do than spend an inordinate amount of time bagging on the Huskies.


    You're correct, everything IS great in Duckland. Optimism and energy is at an all time high, including during the Chip Kelly era. But this is a recruiting thread. If you want to throw in stuff about Arizona State recruiting, go for it. If you want to talk shit about the Ducks, i'd happily engage you in a different thread.

    Huskies, Ducks, Trojans and everybody have been talking recruiting in this thread for a year, getting along with each other with no drama. Please dont ruin that.


    Ruin what? Did I address you specifically? Everything I posted is a fact, what you posted is pure conjecture and THAT is inappropriate in a recruiting thread.
    User avatar
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 206
    Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:51 pm
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:17 pm
  • sondevil89 wrote:Ruin what? Did I address you specifically? Everything I posted is a fact, what you posted is pure conjecture and THAT is inappropriate in a recruiting thread.


    What is conjecture? That Marlons visiting USC this weekend?

    http://washington.247sports.com/Board/5 ... i-50674828

    Its fact.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:27 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    sondevil89 wrote:Ruin what? Did I address you specifically? Everything I posted is a fact, what you posted is pure conjecture and THAT is inappropriate in a recruiting thread.


    What is conjecture? That Marlons visiting USC this weekend?

    http://washington.247sports.com/Board/5 ... i-50674828

    Its fact.


    You posted "Huskies about to lose their top recruit." Is that a fact? Or is just one of the literally thousands of trolling posts re: Huskies?

    BTW, If I want to post anything about ASU I can post it in another thread? If you can post about the Huskies I can post about the ducks. The difference being, I post facts.
    User avatar
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 206
    Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:51 pm
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:35 pm
  • sondevil89 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    sondevil89 wrote:Ruin what? Did I address you specifically? Everything I posted is a fact, what you posted is pure conjecture and THAT is inappropriate in a recruiting thread.


    What is conjecture? That Marlons visiting USC this weekend?

    http://washington.247sports.com/Board/5 ... i-50674828

    Its fact.


    You posted "Huskies about to lose their top recruit." Is that a fact? Or is just one of the literally thousands of trolling posts re: Huskies?

    BTW, If I want to post anything about ASU I can post it in another thread? If you can post about the Huskies I can post about the ducks. The difference being, I post facts.


    You can post about whoever you want. Just please keep it to recruiting, in this thread. Thats all i'm asking.

    If you want to talk about the players in the hospital, or ducks getting arrested, or whether you think Taggart is a good choice or not, there's plenty of threads for that, or you can start a new one.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23048
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:07 am
  • I'm not overly concerned about him blowing off malloe. He wanted to keep things private.

    As of now, it doesn't look good. There are rumors that USC is up to dirty tricks having to do with offering a family member a job. Ruth's comments sort of back that up. If that really is true that's a crappy thing to do but it's college football.

    The USC coach Nansen (hated that guy even when he was a husky) has been pulling strings with tui's brother to get the in home period
    With that said, Tui has never wavered once in 8 months. so he clearly loves UW. We'll see.
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2416
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:23 am
  • From why I've heard Marlon is as good as gone. Kids flip, but to be stead fast committed and and then to stand-up the coach you committed to who flew in to see you from Hawaii because he's coaching the all-star game you were also supposed to be at is disappointing. But this is college recruiting.

    Johnny Patron up to his old tricks.
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3288
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


PreviousNext


It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:38 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online