Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The 2017 recruiting thread.

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The 2017 recruiting thread.
Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:34 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:From why I've heard Marlon is as good as gone. Kids flip, but to be stead fast committed and and then to stand-up the coach you committed to who flew in to see you from Hawaii because he's coaching the all-star game you were also supposed to be at is disappointing. But this is college recruiting.

Johnny Patron up to his old tricks.

Sounds like Tui's brother may be getting a job at USC. The old Michael Porter trick.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:58 am
  • USC fans think they're going to flip DJ Johnson from Miami too. And land jay tufele.

Johnson, tufele and tuipolotu would be an absolute monster dline class.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:32 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:From why I've heard Marlon is as good as gone. Kids flip, but to be stead fast committed and and then to stand-up the coach you committed to who flew in to see you from Hawaii because he's coaching the all-star game you were also supposed to be at is disappointing. But this is college recruiting.

Sounds like Tui's brother may be getting a job at USC. The old Michael Porter trick.

Ha except Romar had tried to hire Porter for 3 years and the two have been best friends for decades...other than that yep just like it...
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:33 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:USC fans think they're going to flip DJ Johnson from Miami too. And land jay tufele.

Johnson, tufele and tuipolotu would be an absolute monster dline class.

Yeah, that's down right scary
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:00 am
  • Johnson was solid to Miami
    Tui was solid to UW
    Tufele was a Utah lean.
    Now suddenly?

USC is definitely back to their old dirty tricks.
    They've been pulling offers from commits this past month to make room for this. For as much as I hate things like this, I at least have some respect for how Petersen does business
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:49 pm
  • davidonmi wrote:Johnson was solid to Miami
    Tui was solid to UW
    Tufele was a Utah lean.
    Now suddenly?

USC is definitely back to their old dirty tricks.
    They've been pulling offers from commits this past month to make room for this. For as much as I hate things like this, I at least have some respect for how Petersen does business

Add to that they're the favorites to land Pili. That's some serious DL recruiting right there.
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:40 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:From why I've heard Marlon is as good as gone. Kids flip, but to be stead fast committed and and then to stand-up the coach you committed to who flew in to see you from Hawaii because he's coaching the all-star game you were also supposed to be at is disappointing. But this is college recruiting.

Ha except Romar had tried to hire Porter for 3 years and the two have been best friends for decades...other than that yep just like it...

LOL, good post 77. Yeah, don't let truth get in your way, never has before.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:30 pm
  • sondevil89 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Huskies about to lose their top recruit. Marlon Tuipaloto, who just got his 5th star, visiting USC this weekend after blowing off a meeting with uw's dline coach.

Whether he goes to USC or UW, the most telling fact is that he and the other top recruit want nothing to do with the ducks. I get it if it is a choice between UO and the trees with their elite education but he is choosing strictly on football.

Even one of the ducks most promising receivers for next year, Jalen Brown, has withdrawn to finish his eligibility at another program. This, after the hire of Taggart, whom ducks are touting as the next coming of Saban/Meyer with his mighty 40-45 record.

And, the players kicked of team for crimes ranging from DUI to assault.

Not to mention three players sent to the hospital, with two being serious enough to stay for an entire week and still not released.

Everything is so great in duckland that they have nothing better to do than spend an inordinate amount of time bagging on the Huskies.

UO went 4-8, and still beat your crap coach and team.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:50 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    sondevil89 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Huskies about to lose their top recruit. Marlon Tuipaloto, who just got his 5th star, visiting USC this weekend after blowing off a meeting with uw's dline coach.

Whether he goes to USC or UW, the most telling fact is that he and the other top recruit want nothing to do with the ducks. I get it if it is a choice between UO and the trees with their elite education but he is choosing strictly on football.

Even one of the ducks most promising receivers for next year, Jalen Brown, has withdrawn to finish his eligibility at another program. This, after the hire of Taggart, whom ducks are touting as the next coming of Saban/Meyer with his mighty 40-45 record.

And, the players kicked of team for crimes ranging from DUI to assault.

Not to mention three players sent to the hospital, with two being serious enough to stay for an entire week and still not released.

Everything is so great in duckland that they have nothing better to do than spend an inordinate amount of time bagging on the Huskies.

UO went 4-8, and still beat your crap coach and team.

LOL, oh ouch! BUT, I am not an ASU football fan.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:00 pm

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:42 pm

Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:46 pm
  • There was a recent exodus at one of the Oregon sites a couple weeks ago. The insider there has showed up on the forum I've been reading for years now and dropped this info

Reaves arrest hurt Ducks a little. More so this weekend with the visitors. Especially with a distance kid like Ellis Brooks.

Couple guys were gonna commit and held off because of Reaves news. (Gibson/Judson) Oregon could still get both pretty easily. (As of today)

Oregon is not going to take Tyler Johnson.

George Moore will visit Baylor and Utah this week. He loves Mario Cristobal, I think Oregon snags him. No done deal yet.

Greg Johnson will sign with Nebraska IMO. (As of today)

Oregon is out for Stephen Carr. He signs with USC.

Ducks will get Lenoir.

Put Habibi-Likio on Quack Watch.

Marlon Tuipulotu will not be visiting Oregon.

Joseph Lewis didn't visit Oregon this weekend. Won't be making a trip before signing day either.

Tongamoa = Quack Quack (On NSD)

Ameer Speed is one to watch. Could be a real surprise there.

Josh Falo, nothing new, he's visiting the last weekend for a reason. Still think Oregon sneaks this one out even though they don't have a TE coach now.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:52 pm
  • cesame wrote:There was a recent exodus at one of the Oregon sites a couple weeks ago. The insider there has showed up on the forum I've been reading for years now and dropped this info

Reaves arrest hurt Ducks a little. More so this weekend with the visitors. Especially with a distance kid like Ellis Brooks.

Couple guys were gonna commit and held off because of Reaves news. (Gibson/Judson) Oregon could still get both pretty easily. (As of today)

Oregon is not going to take Tyler Johnson.

George Moore will visit Baylor and Utah this week. He loves Mario Cristobal, I think Oregon snags him. No done deal yet.

Greg Johnson will sign with Nebraska IMO. (As of today)

Oregon is out for Stephen Carr. He signs with USC.

Ducks will get Lenoir.

Put Habibi-Likio on Quack Watch.

Marlon Tuipulotu will not be visiting Oregon.

Joseph Lewis didn't visit Oregon this weekend. Won't be making a trip before signing day either.

Tongamoa = Quack Quack (On NSD)

Ameer Speed is one to watch. Could be a real surprise there.

Josh Falo, nothing new, he's visiting the last weekend for a reason. Still think Oregon sneaks this one out even though they don't have a TE coach now.

Jhop is THE man when it comes to Oregon football recruiting. Sucks what happened to him at 247. The exodus was because he got fired from 247. Wherever he ends up for his next gig is where most Oregon recruiting fans will be.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:04 pm
  • All in all sounds like Oregon will come out with a pretty solid class

Next year is the year to watch. Need Oregon to win like 8 games and score a lot of points to generate a lot of excitement again. Only way to get up to top 10 in recruiting again.

Also, never thought Carr would come to Oregon. RB depth right now at Oregon is ridiculous, especially with Freeman coming back.

Freeman
    TBJ
    Benoit
    Griffin
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:10 pm
  • cesame wrote:All in all sounds like Oregon will come out with a pretty solid class

Next year is the year to watch. Need Oregon to win like 8 games and score a lot of points to generate a lot of excitement again. Only way to get up to top 10 in recruiting again.

Also, never thought Carr would come to Oregon. RB depth right now at Oregon is ridiculous, especially with Freeman coming back.

Freeman
    TBJ
    Benoit
    Griffin

Cj Vardell is a stud as well. He's absolutely underrated as a 3 star. He's going to be very good. Felix will also be a good running back, although he may play more in the slot.

I think we're still going to get one more running back. AJ Davis and Cordarrian Richardson are both visiting Eugene this upcoming weekend. We should get one or the other.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:11 pm
  • Huskies recently offered jaxson kirkland.
    I like the kid but it seems late in the process.

Must mean they either missed on ford, or are now looking at him on defense where he says he wants to play
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:23 pm
  • davidonmi wrote:Huskies recently offered jaxson kirkland.

Must mean they either missed on ford, or are now looking at him on defense where he says he wants to play

Or Ford to the DL...

I've been waiting for a Kirkland offer and happy it happened. Regardless of getting or not getting Ford (whom I want as well) I hope UW points a full court press on Kirkland.
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:25 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    cesame wrote:All in all sounds like Oregon will come out with a pretty solid class

Freeman
    TBJ
    Benoit
    Griffin

Cj Vardell is a stud as well. He's absolutely underrated as a 3 star. He's going to be very good. Felix will also be a good running back, although he may play more in the slot.

I think we're still going to get one more running back. AJ Davis and Cordarrian Richardson are both visiting Eugene this upcoming weekend. We should get one or the other.

Ever noticed how Oregon recruits are always "underrated."

And then, "absolutely" underrated? Owing to the fact that all of the star recruiting outlets have him at 3-star, it would seem that he is absolutely rated right where he should be.

But, if it looks like they might go to UW, 3-star recruits all of a sudden are not Pac-12 caliber?

If multiple sites list you as 3-star you are most assuredly a Pac-12 caliber player.
    Last edited by sondevil89 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:39 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:Huskies recently offered jaxson kirkland.

Or Ford to the DL...

I've been waiting for a Kirkland offer and happy it happened. Regardless of getting or not getting Ford (whom I want as well) I hope UW points a full court press on Kirkland.

Ducks also offered Kirkland a few days ago. And we're all hoping he either sticks with UCLA or goes to UW. I'm not going to pretend to be a scout or anything, and even if i were i think o'linemen are the toughest to project, but all the guys i know who pay attention to high school football and know there stuff dont think Kirkland is a pac 12 caliber player. The most common thought is that he's just a big guy who leans on people. Big upper body, small lower body, and plays really stiff. So in conclusion, i too hope that you get him.

I know he's scheduled to visit Eugene on Tuesday. And then he's visiting UCLA this weekend. The Oregon mod said that he's likely to visit UW inbetween those.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:45 pm
  • 5 star defensive tackle has officially decommited from Washington. Will attend USC.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:46 pm
  • Muahahaha

Big loss for Washington.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:51 pm
  • cesame wrote:Muahahaha

Big loss for Washington.

Jhop has been calling this one for months too. Ever since he commited to UW he said he wouldnt end up there, and would likely end up at USC. It was his high school coach, who played for Petersen at Boise State, that was pushing him to UW more then anything.

Really hurts UW because they didnt land a DT in last years class, and he was the only one in this class. If Vea and Gaines both go pro after this season, which is likely, they're looking at serious depth issues at DT. Makes that Gaye dude pretty much a must get for UW at this point.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:54 pm
  • It's odd they can't recruit better after the season they had

With the decommit they're currently at about 23 in the country

Maybe they finish strong? If not, that's a poor effort for a team in their position
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:56 pm
  • gaines won't go pro.

Either way it's devastating.
    Screw USC and their dirty tactics. I hope helton goes out Kiffin style.

UW needs to full court press that Poly DT who's transferring out of TTU
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:05 pm
  • cesame wrote:It's odd they can't recruit better after the season they had

Maybe they finish strong? If not, that's a poor effort for a team in their position

the bump usually comes the year after.

The problem in recruiting is that Petersen by his nature hates buzz and runs his program accordingly.

OL and DL recruiting need to be reevaluated for sure. Altho some of the guys they have on the Dline are outstanding, just not enough total
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:19 pm
  • cesame wrote:It's odd they can't recruit better after the season they had

It was never going to be high. Only 17 spots available. Unlike other programs UW doesnt over recruit and then run kids
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:20 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:Huskies recently offered jaxson kirkland.

Or Ford to the DL...

Ducks also offered Kirkland a few days ago. And we're all hoping he either sticks with UCLA or goes to UW. I'm not going to pretend to be a scout or anything, and even if i were i think o'linemen are the toughest to project, but all the guys i know who pay attention to high school football and know there stuff dont think Kirkland is a pac 12 caliber player. The most common thought is that he's just a big guy who leans on people. Big upper body, small lower body, and plays really stiff. So in conclusion, i too hope that you get him.

I know he's scheduled to visit Eugene on Tuesday. And then he's visiting UCLA this weekend. The Oregon mod said that he's likely to visit UW inbetween those.

A year ago I would have agreed. Anyone who's seen him this year wouldn't say that. Completely different player. He's definitely a pac12 caliber player if someone says he isn't theyre lying
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:21 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    cesame wrote:Muahahaha

Big loss for Washington.

Jhop has been calling this one for months too. Ever since he commited to UW he said he wouldnt end up there, and would likely end up at USC. It was his high school coach, who played for Petersen at Boise State, that was pushing him to UW more then anything.

Really hurts UW because they didnt land a DT in last years class, and he was the only one in this class. If Vea and Gaines both go pro after this season, which is likely, they're looking at serious depth issues at DT. Makes that Gaye dude pretty much a must get for UW at this point.

if that were the case he should have never committed at all. left UW in a bad spot at a bad time.

I rarely ever get angry at a kid or his family, sarrell included even tho he never really gave UW a real look, but after how this went down I have little respect for him and his family
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:22 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    cesame wrote:It's odd they can't recruit better after the season they had

It was never going to be high. Only 17 spots available. Unlike other programs UW doesnt over recruit and then run kids

yes it's still a good class overall. bad on the lines unless we can pull in someone good before this season ends.

Ahmed is gonna be a special TB.
    A number of very good DB's, a few talented LB'ers. a great WR class.
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:27 pm
  • davidonmi wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    cesame wrote:It's odd they can't recruit better after the season they had

yes it's still a good class overall. bad on the lines unless we can pull in someone good before this season ends.

Ahmed is gonna be a special TB.
    A number of very good DB's, a few talented LB'ers. a great WR class.

I love, love Ahmed. He's one of my favorite players in this entire class, regardless of the school he's attending. Ty Jones is underrated, I think he's going to be really good. And Hunter Bryant is a beast. Its a bummer you guys lost Connor Weddington as well, he looked really good the other day in the Polynesian bowl.

Regardless of rankings, UW's staff is pretty damn good at coaching them up.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:45 pm
  • cesame wrote:Muahahaha

Big loss for Washington.

Oregon has several decommits as well and I've heard from an Oregon insider that the recent coaching debacles, and potential lawsuits from the hospitalized players, have several players on the verge of switching.

It was always going to be a small class this year anyway so the rankings that give weight to more players don't always reflect the quality of the athletes. For instance, UW has 10 4-star and 4 3-star while Oregon is almost exactly the opposite with 6 4-star and 10 3-star players.

It would seem that UW is recruiting higher quality football players.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:12 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:

Gaye will commit, but he's super raw...athletic enough that he could blossom into something, but just as much, if not more likely that he's never heard from again after signing day.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:39 pm
  • drrew wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Gaye will commit, but he's super raw...athletic enough that he could blossom into something, but just as much, if not more likely that he's never heard from again after signing day.

He did indeed commit tonight. Ali Gaye, 3 star DE from Edmonds, Washington (moved to the United States from Gambia 5 years ago). 6'6", 260.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4498523/ali-gaye
    Last edited by JSeahawks on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:43 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    drrew wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

He did indeed commit tonight. Ali Gaye, 3 star DE from Edmonds, Washington (moved to the United States from Gambia 5 years ago). 6'6", 240.

He's closer to 270.

VERY raw but a big, strong athlete. Project for sure, but you can't teach big.
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:48 pm
  • good. don't have to worry about him taking his visit to ole mi$$.

UW will finish with either Kirkland or Ford. + if they can land someone like Fekoho, Ah You, or Lolahea (both LDS).

IPM, the ship has sailed on that one, screw USC
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:52 pm
  • davidonmi wrote:good. don't have to worry about him taking his visit to ole mi$$.

UW will finish with either Kirkland or Ford. + if they can land someone like Fekoho, Ah You, or Lolahea (both LDS).

IPM, the ship has sailed on that one, screw USC

Smart money is on Kirkland over Ford.
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:02 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    drrew wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

He did indeed commit tonight. Ali Gaye, 3 star DE from Edmonds, Washington (moved to the United States from Gambia 5 years ago). 6'6", 240.

He's closer to 270.

VERY raw but a big, strong athlete. Project for sure, but you can't teach big.

That link lists him at 260 and Scout lists him at 270. At his age and height he has plenty of room to grow, could play multiple positions.

Husky defensive coaching staff is at the top of the Pac so the sky is the limit for this kid.

http://www.scout.com/player/201537-ali-gaye

I found this pic that says it's him but it looks different from his other pics. Is this him? (he looks 30 here)
    Attachments
    ali gaye.jpg
    ali gaye.jpg (256 KiB) Viewed 1588 times
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:37 am
  • davidonmi wrote:gaines won't go pro.

Helton is nothing like Kiffin. Recruits, high school coaches and his players like him because he's honest with them and is a really good person.

This talk about USC using dirty tactics is BS.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp ... story.html
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:35 am
  • Not comparing them as coaches. It's the situations that are similar. Only one usc coach in the last 20 years has been able to manage the incredible hype machine that they have there.

Helton won a ton of games last year without any pressure. Same thing that usc did in 2011. USC then opened #1 and we're prematurely crowned pac-12 champions in 2012. Sound familiar?
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:33 am
  • sc85sis wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:gaines won't go pro.

Helton is nothing like Kiffin. Recruits, high school coaches and his players like him because he's honest with them and is a really good person.

I wasn't aware Helton's mom had an account here!

Honest and a really good person....hahaha come on
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:08 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:

I don't know much about Helton's character but there were reports of him trying to purge recruits after SC went on their winning streak last year and were able to attract better recruits. That's cheap and it has also been speculated that Willie Taggart was trying to open up scholarships by purging some players at Oregon. Is that what inspired intense workouts eight months before the season even started?

These kids are treated like expendable pieces of meat at some schools and they are completely without representation. They need to form a union. At the very least recruits shoud be wary of schools that play this game with young people's lives.

http://www.insidesocal.com/usc/2016/12/ ... ing-class/

http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/3518 ... d.html.csp

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bdavidridpa ... 279f6a20cc
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:25 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:

The "oh you're his mom" type of response adds nothing to the conversation. Also, I've been a member of this site since 2010 and am known to be a rational poster.

USC always gets good recruits when they are winning because of the University's tradition in college football. Having good recruiters on staff just ensures more of them come. It's the height of hyperbole to claim shady stuff is going on just because Helton and staff are closing well.

Oh and yes, he is a good person. Just like Pete Carroll is. I was accused of being his mom too back in the day, but then people actually realized I was correct.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:49 am
  • After watching what Petersen's done with defensive lineman the past few years, why the hell wouldn't you want to go there? I guess football development isn't always the most important thing to a recruit.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:48 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:After watching what Petersen's done with defensive lineman the past few years, why the hell wouldn't you want to go there? I guess football development isn't always the most important thing to a recruit.

Maybe he wants to win a championship. Better chance at that in the next few years at USC then at uw, IMO. Plus he wants to play with his buddy Jay Tufele.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:12 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:After watching what Petersen's done with defensive lineman the past few years, why the hell wouldn't you want to go there? I guess football development isn't always the most important thing to a recruit.

High value recruits want to get to the NFL and as quickly as possible. Anyone who thinks they place championships above that is naive. In '15 the Huskies put three defensive players in the first round of the NFL draft, this year they will add at least two more. Especially, when it comes to defense, there isn't a better place to be.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:40 pm
  • sc85sis wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:I wasn't aware Helton's mom had an account here!

The "oh you're his mom" type of response adds nothing to the conversation. Also, I've been a member of this site since 2010 and am known to be a rational poster.

USC always gets good recruits when they are winning because of the University's tradition in college football. Having good recruiters on staff just ensures more of them come. It's the height of hyperbole to claim shady stuff is going on just because Helton and staff are closing well.

Oh and yes, he is a good person. Just like Pete Carroll is. I was accused of being his mom too back in the day, but then people actually realized I was correct.

It was a joke, lighten up. :2thumbs:

But if what I've heard about is even half way true about some of the things Helton has done behind the scenes during the recruiting process (some have to do with marlon, some not) he's not close to the saint you make him out to be. But alls fair in recruiting...until it's not.
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:51 pm
  • rumors are tui's immigration status played a role in this situation.

So yes, I will continue to believe helton and especially Nansen were playing dirty until I see otherwise
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:13 pm
  • There seems to be some concern that the Husky's recruiting ranking has dropped. A good part of that ranking is based on points and teams with more recruits will naturally be given more points. If you go by the individual average ranking, the real value of the class, the Huskies would be ranked #10.

In fact the Huskies, in spite of USC's recent coup, are currently out-recruiting USC in terms of individual recruit average.

And, to say that USC is the clear favorite to win the Pac is pure hyperbole, USC will lose 11 starters from last year's class. UW has a very favorable schedule and almost all their skill players returning on offense. Given that, UW has an excellent chance to win the Pac.
    Last edited by sondevil89 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:17 pm
  • davidonmi wrote:rumors are tui's immigration status played a role in this situation.

So yes, I will continue to believe helton and especially Nansen were playing dirty until I see otherwise

So, what, Helton was threatening to deport his family if he didnt commit to USC? I cant imagine how immigration status would play into recruiting... (not saying that you're wrong, just cant figure out how it would factor in).

Honestly, recruiting is just a slimy, slimy business and nothing would really surprise me, and no schools are above it. Even Coach Petersen at UW, who i'll admit probably is not as slimey as most. UW doesnt let their commited kids visit other schools, but they have no problem trying to get kids commited to other schools to visit them and flip to them. When it comes to recruiting, everybody rolls around in the mud, some just get dirtier then others.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:48 pm
  • nt
    Last edited by sondevil89 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information