I'm not an Arkansas fan

cheese22

Reaction score
But I'd be pretty psyched if we picked a Razorback rounds 2-5, although the fifth round pick could go lower. Between Hunter Henry, Tretola, Kirkland and Jonathan Williams we could fill our Arkansas quota for several years to come and get 4 guys I'm really high on.

cover-2

Reaction score
I'm currently watching Arkansas vs. Mississippi St and I'm watching all those players you mention plus Alex Collins and mins Williams. Tretola is light on his feet, and looks really athletic for a big man...but he has rediculously short arms. His T-Rex arms concern me it looks like defensive players shed him pretty easily, is it because his short arms? I really like Hunter Henery, like a lot a lot. Kirkland is intriguing with his size and long arms, but Missippi St DT Chris Jones just destroyed Kirkland on one play rushing as a stand up inside LB.

Chris Jones has pretty much had his way with all the Arkansas o-lineman in this game. English if you are reading this you should consider mocking Chris Jones to the Seahawks in the 1st round. I was high on him going into the college football season, but for some reason I cooled off on him during the season. But now, having been reminded again of his athleticism and potential to pressure the QB, his size and athleticism fits the Seahawks ideal 3-tech DT.

ARhawk

Reaction score
I've been wanting to say this for the past year, but refrained because I figured nobody would take me seriously.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Tretola in the the Arkansas run game looks sensational. Was watching the Collins highlights and all I could look at was Tretola pummelling defenders.

penihawk

Reaction score
cover-2":2swbu8ie said:
I'm currently watching Arkansas vs. Mississippi St and I'm watching all those players you mention plus Alex Collins and mins Williams. Tretola is light on his feet, and looks really athletic for a big man...but he has rediculously short arms. His T-Rex arms concern me it looks like defensive players shed him pretty easily, is it because his short arms? I really like Hunter Henery, like a lot a lot. Kirkland is intriguing with his size and long arms, but Missippi St DT Chris Jones just destroyed Kirkland on one play rushing as a stand up inside LB.

Chris Jones has pretty much had his way with all the Arkansas o-lineman in this game. English if you are reading this you should consider mocking Chris Jones to the Seahawks in the 1st round. I was high on him going into the college football season, but for some reason I cooled off on him during the season. But now, having been reminded again of his athleticism and potential to pressure the QB, his size and athleticism fits the Seahawks ideal 3-tech DT.

Love the measurables and potential of Chris Jones and he seems like a player we would draft. I just hope with the ultra deep DT class & inconsistant production that he falls in our lap in the 3rd or 4th and not a round or two early based on up side.

I don't care what Tretola's measurables are, I am convinced he is gonna be a nasty pro-bowl type ass-kicker in the NFL for a long time and want him on our roster.

McGruff

Reaction score
L9ve the film on Williams too, and he seems the k8nd of pick we would make as a potential star coming off an injured season.

firebee

Reaction score
cover-2":fs05j2cj said:

Tretola's only allowed a half sack over the last two seasons as a starter at LG and he's had fewer than 10 false starts over the last 2 seasons... That's less than 5 false starts a season. People can dock him for short arms, but his production over the last two years and his tape shows dominance. A lineman only allowing a half sack in 20 games in the SEC is an impressive feat. Then add that he rarely jumps and plays extremely disciplined... I'm just salivating at the thought of having Tretola on the line in Seattle. I seriously wouldn't be upset if we blew everyone's mind and drafted him in the 1st.
Short arms or not, I see him being a perennial pro bowler in the NFL. Power, light on his feet and gets upfield, disciplined. Tretola would be a godsend for our offensive line.

titan3131

Reaction score
okay lets rename the thread

"tretola Circle jerk"

My body is ready

cover-2

Reaction score
firebee":215s78fh said:
cover-2":215s78fh said:

Tretola's only allowed a half sack over the last two seasons as a starter at LG and he's had fewer than 10 false starts over the last 2 seasons... That's less than 5 false starts a season. People can dock him for short arms, but his production over the last two years and his tape shows dominance. A lineman only allowing a half sack in 20 games in the SEC is an impressive feat. Then add that he rarely jumps and plays extremely disciplined... I'm just salivating at the thought of having Tretola on the line in Seattle. I seriously wouldn't be upset if we blew everyone's mind and drafted him in the 1st.
Short arms or not, I see him being a perennial pro bowler in the NFL. Power, light on his feet and gets upfield, disciplined. Tretola would be a godsend for our offensive line.

I'm undecided on Tretola. I just finished scouting the Arkansas vs Mississippi State game from 2015 and I saw some things I liked from him and other things that I didn't like. Again for me, Tretola's 30.5 inch arm length is a concern. At 6ft 4in he has the arm length of a 5ft 10inch man. A few times in that games when he got to the second level, his short arms looked to be an issue because they were to short for him to get his hands on the LBs. DT Chris Jones, whom I'm guessing has at 34 to 35 inch arm length, beat him three or four times, one of which Jones got his hands on him and tossed him to the side, with Tretola falling on his face. It looked like when a big kid with his outstretched arm puts his hand on his little brother's forehead with the little brother wildly swinging his arm trying to hit his bigger brother.

He was by no means dominate in this game, but again I did see good things from him that I like in o-lineman.