OL/RB/QB Combine measurments

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Numbers starting to come in.

Lots of long OT prospects. Three OTs with 36+ inch arm length (4 total last three draft classes). Lots of 35"+

Decker's length is very disappointing. 33" arms -- that's barely Seahawk OG length.

More to follow. Final combine tracker can be found [urltargetblank]http://draftbreakdown.com/2016-nfl-scouting-combine-results-tracker/[/urltargetblank]

McGruff

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1i6vdypn said:

Lots of long OT prospects.

Decker's length is very disappointing. 33" arms -- that's barely Seahawk OG length.

More to follow. Final combine tracker can be found [urltargetblank]http://draftbreakdown.com/2016-nfl-scouting-combine-results-tracker/[/urltargetblank]

That is disappointing for Decker. He's a guard in Seattle, and I think he's off the list.

OP
OP
Attyla the Hawk

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Ifedi with 36" arms is a pleasant surprise. A project OT who should test well with agility/athleticism. That length is Okungesque.

McGruff

Reaction score
Willie Beavers also came in with shorter arms than expected. Guard.

OP
OP
Attyla the Hawk

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
From a measurables standpoint, this is a banner draft for the alpha players. Outside of Decker and Tunsil, the top 8 or so OT prospects are in the 35"+ range. That's an unusually high number. Most 35" guys are long/day 3 project types.

Coleman, Stanley, Conklin (surprise here), Ifedi all check in at 35+. Conklin's length should mean quite a bit for Seahawks.

McGruff

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":mms9fshl said:
From a measurables standpoint, this is a banner draft for the alpha players. Outside of Decker and Tunsil, the top 8 or so OT prospects are in the 35"+ range. That's an unusually high number. Most 35" guys are long/day 3 project types.

Coleman, Stanley, Conklin (surprise here), Ifedi all check in at 35+. Conklin's length should mean quite a bit for Seahawks.

I think Conklin is rising fast up my personal Seahawks board. You look as his body, and you think "no way." Then watch the tape and he's solid technically, balanced on his feet, rarely beaten, and in the run game, he just mauls people.

OP
OP
Attyla the Hawk

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Interesting measurements:

1. Max Tuerk. 6050 | 298 | 32 1/2 arm | 10 3/4 hand

Tuerk was listed light all year. At that weight, he's alleviating a lot of size concerns.

2. Derrick Henry. 6030 | 247 | 33 arm | 8 3/4 hand

Pete is pretty rigid about his RB dimensions. Doesn't like them below 210. Also hasn't been eager to get them above 230. Henry is unique though. If he tests in drills well -- gotta wonder if he's one of the unique athletes that PCJS have gone for exclusively in the early rounds.

3. Paul Perkins. 5100 | 208 | 31 5/8 arm | 9 hand

Little light. Some have pined for him in a hawks uniform. Not good news for those folks.

4. Jordan Howard. 0600 | 230 | 32 1/4 arm | 9 hand

Good size on a day 3 kind of RB option. Heavy runner who is physical. Seattle seems to gravitate to that trait.

5. Darrell Greene. 31 5/8 arm.

Strike him from the Hawks list. We don't even draft centers with that kind of length.

6. Sebastian Tretola. 31 4/8 arm.

Very doubtful he's on our board. Britt has been the OG with the shortest arms at 33 4/8 arm length. I would very much doubt he's a candidate for Seattle.

McGruff

Reaction score
where are you getting the measurements from, cause breakdown isn't updated with the numbers you are throwing out.

McGruff

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3n3giq9r said:
Interesting measurements:

1. Max Tuerk. 6050 | 298 | 3204 arm | 1006 hand

Tuerk was listed light all year. At that weight, he's alleviating a lot of size concerns.

6'5" and 298 is still thin. What was Unger's weight coming out of college?

OP
OP
Attyla the Hawk

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":1w5u2ap3 said:
I think Conklin is rising fast up my personal Seahawks board. You look as his body, and you think "no way." Then watch the tape and he's solid technically, balanced on his feet, rarely beaten, and in the run game, he just mauls people.

From a demeanor and grit perspective, he's probably alone at the top of the OT class. It was always presumed he'd fall due to limited athleticism. Not that it's obvious on tape. Probably a lot borne of recency bias as MSU linemen ten to be significantly unathletic.

Conklin ticks a lot of boxes that others like Ifedi/Stanley/Coleman and Decker do not.

McGruff":1w5u2ap3 said:
where are you getting the measurements from, cause breakdown isn't updated with the numbers you are throwing out.

Twitter (Josh Norris @ Rotoworld and Jeremiah at NFLN) mostly. Matt Miller chiming in too. I just put that link up there since it will end up being a living document for the entire 4 day combine (including drill scores).

Numbers coming in on the draftbreakdown link above.

McGruff

Reaction score
Some notable ins and outs . . .

36+ - LeRaven Clark, Ifedi, Dominique Robertson (?)
35+ - Vadal Alexander, Coleman, Conklin, Matt Skura (?), Stanley
34+ (Seahawks typical minimum for tackles) - Copper, Jerald Hawkins, Tyler Johnstone, Denver Kirdland, Alex Lewis, Stephane Nembot, Brandon SHell, Spriggs, John Theus, Jeremy Tunsil, Halapoulivaati Vaitai (?)

Got to go take a look and see what I can find on Robertson, Skura and Vaitai . . . Skura is shorter at 6'3" and stout 320+ but has alarming arm length. Potential underrated LG prospect if the film shows well.

33+ (Seahawks minimum for guards) - Dahl, Garnett, Haeg, Decker, Rees Odhiambo, Westerman

Haeg may, like Justin Britt, be the exception to the Seahawks rule. Also, some notable guys on the short side include Tretola (31!) and Whitehair (32.5).

A lot of the centers came up really short limbed. Seahawks typically like longer senters, but the minimum is 32 inch arm length. Jack Allen and Nick Martin barely makes it with Boehm and Blythe under the limit. Graham Glasgow continues to look very Seahawky to me.

McGruff

Reaction score
Henry has infant sized habnds. Not sure that matters at that position, but that is freakishly small for such a big guy.

S l300

Erebus

Reaction score
McGruff":1hr2m3ae said:
Attyla the Hawk":1hr2m3ae said:

That is disappointing for Decker. He's a guard in Seattle, and I think he's off the list.

Not necessarily. He actually has 33-3/4" arms, which is only a quarter inch off the ideal minimum. If he can play tackle well, I don't think Pete would move him inside just because of a quarter of an inch.

Erebus

Reaction score
I find it odd that these measurables don't always line up with the Senior Bowl weigh-in results. At the Senior Bowl, Graham Glasgow had 33-1/8" arms and 9-3/4" hands. He apparently grew in a month, and now has 33-5/8" arms and 10-3/4" hands. Le'Raven Clark's hands also grew an inch. I'm sure I'd find more discrepancies if I took the time to look.

http://draftbreakdown.com/2016-senior-bowl-weigh-in-results/

McGruff

Reaction score
Erebus":1xoxtog7 said:
McGruff":1xoxtog7 said:
Attyla the Hawk":1xoxtog7 said:

Not necessarily. He actually has 33-3/4" arms, which is only a quarter inch off the ideal minimum. If he can play tackle well, I don't think Pete would move him inside just because of a quarter of an inch.

That puts him in the same realm as Justin Britt, who they drafted to play tackle, so you are probably right.

ARhawk

Reaction score
I'm surprised to see Tretola weigh in at 314. I dont know what he weighed at the senior bowl, but his listed playing weight during the season was 330+. Either way, considering he showed up at Fayetteville a few years ago weighing like 370 or 380, its impressive that he had the discipline to drop all that bad weight. Too bad his arms are so short, I really like the guy and would love to see him in Seattle

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It will be very important for Decker to show he's significantly better at playing T than Conklin and some others for him to still be in a 1st Rd ranking with the Hawks given his measureables. The team will be very closely observing his other measureables from the drills.

I get the argument but to me the argument for Decker's consideration based upon the team in the past,drafting Britt seems to forget the team's extreme need at T when he was picked, and the tacit admission of the team that they reached for him.

firebee

Reaction score
ARhawk":24782my4 said:
I'm surprised to see Tretola weigh in at 314. I dont know what he weighed at the senior bowl, but his listed playing weight during the season was 330+. Either way, considering he showed up at Fayetteville a few years ago weighing like 370 or 380, its impressive that he had the discipline to drop all that bad weight. Too bad his arms are so short, I really like the guy and would love to see him in Seattle

Tretola is one guy I'm not too worried about the measurables with due to the position he'd play. If he was a tackle, I'd be a little more worried about his length. At guard it's much less of an issue for me, especially if he dropped another 15 lbs and is down to 315 or so. If that lost weight reflects in the numbers with better than expected shuttle and cone times; I'm really liking him at guard.