Just Say No to Robert Knemdiche (& Denzel Nkemdiche)

ivotuk

Reaction score
Good God is this guy trouble! And his brother! If I were a GM, I'd be investigating both of them all the way back home.

"Possible top-10 2016 NFL Draft prospect Robert Nkemdiche, who was arrested after falling out of a hotel window in Atlanta last weekend, was reportedly using synthetic marijuana and was paranoid at the time of his accident.

According to Clay Travis of FOX Sports, the Ole Miss defensive tackle was using what’s commonly referred to as “fake weed,” a synthetic cannabinoid which doesn’t show up on drug tests. But it also comes with side effects which include paranoia, delusion and hallucinations.

The report said Nkemdiche was convinced someone was chasing him when he went through a double-pane window and fell 15 feet to the ground. A bush apparently broke his fall. He was taken to an Atlanta hospital for stitches, and was released before being taken to jail and charged with marijuana possession.

Nkemdiche’s brother Denzel, a linebacker at Ole Miss, has also had issues with the drug according to the report. He was hospitalized and missed the final two games of the season after he was found near the edge of the roof of his townhome, wrapped in a blanket and afraid someone was trying to get him."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... om-window/

PRIOR to this:

"Denzel Nkemdiche. On Saturday night – the night of his 21st birthday – Nkemdiche was arrested and charged with disturbing the peace, disorderly conduct and failure to comply with a police officer.

According to the report, after the fight broke out at the house, members of the fraternity decided to clear out the house. At that time Denzel Nkemdiche “was observed ripping off his shirt and screaming, ‘I’m going to beat that mother------‘s ass!’”

Soon after that, the plaintiff, identified as Matthew Baird, and a friend, Ford Everett, decided to leave the house. At that point it is alleged that, “without any provocation,” Denzel “punched the plaintiff in the back of the head, immediately knocking him out.”

After the plaintiff was knocked out, Robert Nkemdiche and five other unidentified football players, then are accused of “kicking and stomping the plaintiff as he was passed out on the ground.” Everett then “dove on the ground and covered the unconscious plaintiff.” Everett was badly beaten in the incident and, according to the complaint, his eardrum was busted and his middle ear was severely injured.

As a result of the attack, the plaintiff was allegedly “knocked unconscious for 12 to 15 minutes” and “his body began to convulse in a seizure.” The plaintiff was transported to the emergency room and treated for multiple injuries.

Before authorities arrived at the scene, the Nkemdiche brothers and the other football players fled the scene."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html

A timeline of Ole Miss’ off-field troubles since last year

Feb. 15 — Denzel Nkemdiche and Serderius Bryant arrested for disturbing the peace, disorderly conduct, failure to comply with a police officer and public drunkenness

Oct. 13 — Photo leaked depicting Robert Nkemdiche lighting a bong: In the week leading up to Ole Miss’ showdown with border-rival Tennessee, a Volunteer fan leaked a photo taken via the popular app Snapchat depicting Robert Nkemdiche lighting a bong,

Feb. 18 — Denzel and Robert Nkemdiche sued regarding alleged fight:

Oct. 13 — Photo leaked depicting Robert Nkemdiche lighting a bong: In the week leading up to Ole Miss’ showdown with border-rival Tennessee, a Volunteer fan leaked a photo taken via the popular app Snapchat depicting Robert Nkemdiche lighting a bong,

And a teammate....

Jan. 22, 2015 — Trae Elston, Damore’ea Stringfellow arrested for disorderly conduct (Elston also booked for resisting arrest): Earlier this month, two more Ole Miss players were arrested for disorderly conduct following a fight outside The Lyric, a popular bar and music venue located in Oxford. Neither player has been sentenced following the arrests. Elston, a rising senior, had a clean record prior to the arrest, while Stringfellow carries a much more troubling past.

The former Washington Huskie sat out the 2014 season after transferring from UW following a post-Super Bowl incident in which he and a teammate allegedly struck a Seahawks fan in the face twice. Stringfellow eventually pled guilty to fourth-degree assault.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-mi ... s-2014-15/

cover-2

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if Robert Knemdiche has a Randy Gregory type of fall in the draft.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
The weed smoking isn't that big of a concern for me, even though he would have to quit right away. The problem is beating up two guys so bad they had serious injuries and had to go to the hospital along with disturbing the peace.

Might be one of the biggest red flags ever and not worth our time.

kearly

Reaction score
I always thought his tape sucked. I was hoping some team would buy the hype in the top 25 picks and push a decent player closer to Seattle. Unfortunately that seems less likely now.

penihawk

Reaction score
A physical freak and obviously a mental midget. We don't need a refer addict in a state where there is more dope stores than Starbucks now. What a waste of a talent!

firebee

Reaction score
ivotuk":1cr75tyv said:
Good God is this guy trouble! And his brother! If I were a GM, I'd be investigating both of them all the way back home.

"Possible top-10 2016 NFL Draft prospect Robert Nkemdiche, who was arrested after falling out of a hotel window in Atlanta last weekend, was reportedly using synthetic marijuana and was paranoid at the time of his accident.

According to Clay Travis of FOX Sports, the Ole Miss defensive tackle was using what’s commonly referred to as “fake weed,” a synthetic cannabinoid which doesn’t show up on drug tests. But it also comes with side effects which include paranoia, delusion and hallucinations.

The report said Nkemdiche was convinced someone was chasing him when he went through a double-pane window and fell 15 feet to the ground. A bush apparently broke his fall. He was taken to an Atlanta hospital for stitches, and was released before being taken to jail and charged with marijuana possession.

Nkemdiche’s brother Denzel, a linebacker at Ole Miss, has also had issues with the drug according to the report. He was hospitalized and missed the final two games of the season after he was found near the edge of the roof of his townhome, wrapped in a blanket and afraid someone was trying to get him."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... om-window/

PRIOR to this:

"Denzel Nkemdiche. On Saturday night – the night of his 21st birthday – Nkemdiche was arrested and charged with disturbing the peace, disorderly conduct and failure to comply with a police officer.

According to the report, after the fight broke out at the house, members of the fraternity decided to clear out the house. At that time Denzel Nkemdiche “was observed ripping off his shirt and screaming, ‘I’m going to beat that mother------‘s ass!’”

Soon after that, the plaintiff, identified as Matthew Baird, and a friend, Ford Everett, decided to leave the house. At that point it is alleged that, “without any provocation,” Denzel “punched the plaintiff in the back of the head, immediately knocking him out.”

After the plaintiff was knocked out, Robert Nkemdiche and five other unidentified football players, then are accused of “kicking and stomping the plaintiff as he was passed out on the ground.” Everett then “dove on the ground and covered the unconscious plaintiff.” Everett was badly beaten in the incident and, according to the complaint, his eardrum was busted and his middle ear was severely injured.

As a result of the attack, the plaintiff was allegedly “knocked unconscious for 12 to 15 minutes” and “his body began to convulse in a seizure.” The plaintiff was transported to the emergency room and treated for multiple injuries.

Before authorities arrived at the scene, the Nkemdiche brothers and the other football players fled the scene."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html

A timeline of Ole Miss’ off-field troubles since last year

Feb. 15 — Denzel Nkemdiche and Serderius Bryant arrested for disturbing the peace, disorderly conduct, failure to comply with a police officer and public drunkenness

Feb. 18 — Denzel and Robert Nkemdiche sued regarding alleged fight:

And a teammate....

Jan. 22, 2015 — Trae Elston, Damore’ea Stringfellow arrested for disorderly conduct (Elston also booked for resisting arrest): Earlier this month, two more Ole Miss players were arrested for disorderly conduct following a fight outside The Lyric, a popular bar and music venue located in Oxford. Neither player has been sentenced following the arrests. Elston, a rising senior, had a clean record prior to the arrest, while Stringfellow carries a much more troubling past.

The former Washington Huskie sat out the 2014 season after transferring from UW following a post-Super Bowl incident in which he and a teammate allegedly struck a Seahawks fan in the face twice. Stringfellow eventually pled guilty to fourth-degree assault.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-mi ... s-2014-15/

I was kind of liking Elston as a corner prospect. He stood out when I watched Ole Miss games and looked like an intriguing prospect as a corner. Little shorter than our type, but he plays big, seems to have a great feel for the game and shows some ball skills. He stood out most to me on man coverage though. He was like a magnet on man.

Erebus

Reaction score
kearly":1zdn0wox said:
I always thought his tape sucked. I was hoping some team would buy the hype in the top 25 picks and push a decent player closer to Seattle. Unfortunately that seems less likely now.

Someone still might. Domestic violence has been the hot topic lately that really makes players fall in the draft. His troubles don't come with the same negative publicity as domestic violence, which doesn't make sense to me because violence is still violence, no matter who you hit.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
To me something is not right with this player and a good deal of due diligence needs to be undertaken by any team drafting him as there are a few too many skeletons, as well there seems to be a sense of self entitlement that isn't justified by his on the field play. From all the film I've seen on him he looks to be quite overrated.

There are a few other DTs that to me might be a better fit for the Hawks.

McGruff

Reaction score
I love him as a player. His tape is boom or bust. In some games he is just there, but in others he lives in the backfield, even against elite competion. His body type and athletic ability fits us to a T.

The issues are there, no doubt. And they are recent. Lots of conversation needs to happen, and there is every chance he is out of the league in 2 years due to suspensions. But I said the same thing about Tyran Mathieu. I didn't think he could be reclaimed, and his rap sheet was at least as long and sCary as Nkemdiche. So if he shows contrition with desire and a plan to change, I think he's worth a shot.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
McGruff":381jxzc6 said:
I love him as a player. His tape is boom or bust. In some games he is just there, but in others he lives in the backfield, even against elite competion. His body type and athletic ability fits us to a T.

The issues are there, no doubt. And they are recent. Lots of conversation needs to happen, and there is every chance he is out of the league in 2 years due to suspensions. But I said the same thing about Tyran Mathieu. I didn't think he could be reclaimed, and his rap sheet was at least as long and sCary as Nkemdiche. So if he shows contrition with desire and a plan to change, I think he's worth a shot.

Good points, but I disagree. Mathieu was working on getting his act together, and as far as I know, only smoking weed, which I have no problem with.

It's the synthetic shit that scares me. Unfortunately I have a lot of experience with addiction and Nkemdiche sets off alarms for me.

Somebody will draft him early, and regret it shortly thereafter.

I read Rob's blog and followed a link he had, only to find this:

""He's really athletic and he's got strength," one scout said. "He's really a different kid. He may scare some people. He's strange strange.""

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ ... 97971.html

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Nice that he threw Tunsil under the bus, as time goes on this player is scarier and scarier as a character problem

Davidess

Reaction score
I don't see him as a 1st rounder based on this info

but tbh hes one of those guys that I could see the hawks going for if he's there in the mid rounds and interviews well with them. I mean look at Frank Clark. So much crap was flung at the hawks for that pick (rightly so in some circles)

While this kid is different his charge was for spice not for DV or any other violent offenses. While I don't condone this behavior at all nor am I advocating for his selection this year just merely pointing out some things.

I can see him slipping till the 4th/5th round and that's where a team will take a low risk pick on a high reward type of player. His skill set is pretty solid so spending a mid/late rd pick on him isn't that risky.

It would be interesting to see how he does in a strong veteran led locker room like the hawks.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":13r0fyc9 said:
Mcshay has Seattle taking him in his latest mock draft (no link, saw it on tv).

McShay is an idiot, as is Kiper and all the copy cats giving nkemdiche to Seattle. None of them have done any homework on this guy.

drrew

Reaction score
I would have no problem gambling on Robert Nkemdiche late in the first round to see what Pete could do to work on the attitude. He has all-pro potential, and sometimes when picking late, you gamble.

The drugs/weed stuff doesn't really concern me. Professional athletes, including a number of current Seahawks, smoke a lot of weed.

As far as the fights, it's not a good thing, but it's far from a disqualifier for me.

I wouldn't want this guy to date my daughter, but I'd be fine with him playing DT for the football team I follow.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":17kl12tb said:
I would have no problem gambling on Robert Nkemdiche late in the first round to see what Pete could do to work on the attitude. He has all-pro potential, and sometimes when picking late, you gamble.

The drugs/weed stuff doesn't really concern me. Professional athletes, including a number of current Seahawks, smoke a lot of weed.

As far as the fights, it's not a good thing, but it's far from a disqualifier for me.

I wouldn't want this guy to date my daughter, but I'd be fine with him playing DT for the football team I follow.

This is my thinking as well. I'd gladly take him where were drafting.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I would snag him in a heartbeat where we are drafting in the first.

titan3131

Reaction score
Lets say he works out and is the next all pro interior rusher...

Avril Nkemdieche Clark Bennett is nasty