Late round stud: RB DyShawn Mobley

cover-2

Reaction score
Eastern Kentucky RB DyShawn Mobley is a player to keep an eye on during the draft. I think is style and body type fits the mold of what the Seahawks want at RB. Mobley is 5-11 and somewhere between 215-225 lbs, he is a powerful runner, good vision, good balance, he has some shiftiness to him, along with decent quickness. While he doesn't look like he has blazing speed, he may be a 4.55 or 4.6 40 guy, IMO long speed for a RB is a bit overrated. Mobley played at Kentucky for two years before transferring to EKU.

[youtube]6B0adCoTVRI[/youtube]

Here are a couple of pictures of him while he was at Kentucky.

Tennessee_Kentucky_Footblll_t755_he4fece88d8e11fd54c8700dd8f7991a3d830347d.jpg

20131123 mje ay3 7300

Overseasfan

Reaction score
He has good vision and plays physical but his speed his average at best, he looks to have balance issues and he cuts sideways a bit too much. Maybe the Hawks like him as physicality is among their most important traits in a RB and they love functional vision as well after they missed on Michael initially due to his, at the time, complete lack of it.

He could most likely be had as an UDFA though, CBS has him ranked as their 44th best RB and I can see why. Even though he shows flashes of potential on some plays, he looks quite pedestrian most of the time.

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3tv5yzfb said:
He has good vision and plays physical but his speed his average at best, he looks to have balance issues and he cuts sideways a bit too much. Maybe the Hawks like him as physicality is among their most important traits in a RB and they love functional vision as well after they missed on Michael initially due to his, at the time, complete lack of it.

He could most likely be had as an UDFA though, CBS has him ranked as their 44th best RB and I can see why. Even though he shows flashes of potential on some plays, he looks quite pedestrian most of the time.

Yeah, I get you being meh on his speed. You lost me when you suggested he doesn't have "functional vision", but just before that you said he has good vision. RB's needs good vision to see/feel those cutback lanes.

chris98251

Reaction score
A RB doesn't need 40 yd speed, but does need that short area burst and 5 or ten yd speed to break open, if he has that he will get those 25 yard runs and occasional long ones, if you can't get thru first and second levels your 4.15 speed in the 40 won't matter anyway if it takes a open field and 20 yards to get to max speed anyway.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
cover-2":27b37jgq said:
Overseasfan":27b37jgq said:

Yeah, I get you being meh on his speed. You lost me when you suggested he doesn't have "functional vision", but just before that you said he has good vision. RB's needs good vision to see/feel those cutback lanes.

The lack of vision part was about Christine Michael before he went to Dallas.