Austin Johnson

cheese22

Reaction score
For those who have scouted him, what do you think?

I love his size and motor. He's not elite athletically but moves okay. He holds his ground vs double-teams pretty well and even threw a couple guys aside, ala Reggie White, against Ohio State. Not sure what his stat line is but he looks good on tape. TIA

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Hope he continues to fly under the radar.

He is on a short list of guys who I consider to be very high in the 'grit/bully' quality. Johnson is a big nasty who definitely fits this new criteria that Schneider introduced this offseason.

Love him as a day two option. Would be surprised if he's not on our board.

titan3131

Reaction score
I'm taking some time but my 2 guys that I can't leave without are austin and Willie Henry.

OP
OP
cheese22

cheese22

Reaction score
Ironic you say those two names because I come back to these two being guys I'd love for them to draft and it wouldn't take our first two picks to get both. Johnson maybe a second, but Henry could be got a couple rounds later. But definitely like what these two bring to the field.

cover-2

Reaction score
I love his motor and I think he has a high floor as a prospect. But despite his great stats I don't see above average quickness to penetrate into the backfield. He does look to have good long speed, for a bigger DT, to chase plays. It doesn't look like he has violent hands to get off blocks and he average to below average arm length which looked like he missed out on a getting to ball carriers. I didn't see any pass rush moves, nothing as basic as a rip or swim move. He does hold his ground and I didn't see him give up ground vs the run even when double-teamed. I don't like him in the first two rounds.