Miles Killebrew... SS Southern Utah

CPHawk

Reaction score
That's a good 15lbs under what Bam Bam is at.

cover-2

Reaction score
I think we would have to use a 2nd or 3rd round pick to get him. At one point he was talked about as being a borderline 1st round prospect.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
One of the better safeties in this draft. He won't be there in the 3rd. This is Kam's last year under contract and while I'm one of Kam's biggest fans, and I think it's even possible he's extended; You could go Milloy as to Kam as Kam is to Killebrew with that scenario.

I don't know that Killebrew has that capacity though. Many of the best plays I've seen Kam make are where he doesn't do anything at all. You'll see him change the defense. Even change DL gaps from time to time...and then just raise his hand triumphant while that player makes the play. He's the general. Elite pattern recognition in formation and concept.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Killebrew was clocked at 4.65. I'm guessing that takes him out of the 1st round.

Wasn't that about what Kam ran ? Pete can utilize that type of athlete, but not a lot of other guys can. Maybe we can get him if he's a scheme fit. We need a new enforcer in the secondary.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Kam's been clocked at 4.62, 4.59, and 4.47 at some point at VT. He never ran at the combine and the only drill he did take part is was bench.

Wiki has him at 4.48 for some reason. I don't know where that came from. The same page also says he ran a 4.69 at the combine.....where he never ran.

Internet is full of ish everywhere, but I saw him get chop blocked against SF in the playoffs and then ran Kap down from behind 65 yards downfield. He's plenty fast.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1xs7nd1e said:
6'3" 220 that hits like a train....

Same size as Kam, but runs a slightly faster 40 @ 4.43. If they decide to move on from him, I wouldn't mind seeing them take a flier on him in the later rounds.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/ ... id=2555315
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGl0nYVDT2s

Is this the guy that Mike Mayock was calling a 'poor man's Earl Thomas'? If so, I thought the tape on him was great and think he's going to be an excellent safety for someone in the league.

kearly

Reaction score
Hawks46":1rwtejev said:
Killebrew was clocked at 4.65. I'm guessing that takes him out of the 1st round.

Wasn't that about what Kam ran ? Pete can utilize that type of athlete, but not a lot of other guys can. Maybe we can get him if he's a scheme fit. We need a new enforcer in the secondary.

FWIW, he ran a 'verified' 4.43 at a Spring practice, but like pro-day times, I generally see non-combine times as being inflated. On youtube, Killebrew looks like a 4.65 speed player. With average instincts.

He's a good hitter though. Overall he reminds me of Allen Bradford in a lighter body. I liked Bradford more than most, but I wouldn't have wanted Seattle to spend a shiny pick on him.

On Killebrews' good days he looks like John Lynch. But it's against very low levels of competition. So I'd tend to think he will be a nice player, but not a star, in the NFL. I round 4, I'd love the pick. But I think he goes in round 2.

BallHawk

Reaction score
[/quote]

Is this the guy that Mike Mayock was calling a 'poor man's Earl Thomas'? If so, I thought the tape on him was great and think he's going to be an excellent safety for someone in the league.[/quote]

Mayock was comparing Karl Joseph to Earl Thomas after he saw him in the tape versus Oklahoma during an interview segment with Deion Sanders.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Ah, ok, thanks. Well the tape on Karl Joseph was impressive.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Man, all the kid does is score touchdowns and make huge hits. Good find, I definitely hope to see him a hawk uniform next year. Just with a five minute highlight video I can tell this guy has the size, speed and seemingly the intelligence to play multiple dB spots for the Hawks. Good find.